Reviews for Unfinished Game
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
What an interesting take! I've read only one fic where Akari was the one whose soul Sai shared, and it didn't end nearly as brightly as this one.
Gorgeous.
Bushwah chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This story honestly blew me away...I play go pretty seriously, so was I was able to picture each of the moves in my head as they were played, and I started to be able to picture the game...then I realized that it seemed strangely familiar...turns out that I had reviewed this game about a year ago in an online (KGS) study group I was in, though I had no idea at the time that Sai's last game was based on it.

By the way, because you wrote "Why Akari?" instead of "Why, Akari?" I didn't realize that Hikaru was saying "Why me?" (instead of Sai), and thought someone was saying "Why Akari?" (instead of Sai).

But other than that, I thought your writing was beautiful.
missmori chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Loved it. This is probably the best - or one of the best - Hikago fanfictions out there. For sure. It was a little vague in some areas but surprisingly, I liked it that way. :)

Thanks for sharing the story with us.
Khelc-sul Renai chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
So Akari played as Sai, and Touya played as Shindou. I wonder if Akira was playing in Hikaru's style? (Obviously, I really don't know Go or how to tell that just through move positions...)

I really like that you had the moves actually named an played out!

That must have been a really scary situation for Akari, Akira, Mitani, and Tsutsui, being forced to confront the supernatural like that with the feeling that Hikaru's existence is on the line...

How'd Hikaru come back after that? Just materialize above/beside the Go board? Actually, I think that would be AWSOME.

Well written. Good read.
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
This story is really something special and interesting. I like the idea and the writing style, even though it was confusing somehow.

I am not verry happy about all the unanswered questions (What exactly had happend to Hikaru, for example) I can think about some diffrent answers for all the questions I have, but...it would have been niche to read about it.

I still like this one.
Cristalake chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
ok... That was royally creepy... O_O *shivers*
nequam-tenshi chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Great Job with the story! It has been the 20th time that I have read it.
Lady Lark chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
I read this back in the blindgo community (which I should be writing for right now but I'm not) and I was struck by it then as I am now.

This is still an excellent story. Well thought out and the tension just rips through the text. I love it. There are some parts that I feel need fleshing out but in all it works and it works well.

Thank you for writing an engaging one shot that is really more than it seems.
Hikari-chan chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
I really, really like this one-shot. I don't think I can pinpoint exactly what it is that attracted me, but there's a certain something here. I like how the unfinished game could only be played by Akari and Akira, who in my opinion are the 2 most important people in Hikaru's life, before and after his meeting with Sai. I also liked how it took Akari's resignation (and thus Sai losing to Hikaru), to bring back Hikaru. The underlying themes and symbolism were a real charm for me. )

Also, I find that this is rather original, in the sense that I've browsed through a lot of Hikago fanfiction, and I've never seen anything quite like it. A wonderful fic, one that I think I'll be recommending to some fellow fans. Thanks for writing it!
Alexander Lee Wang chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
Of all days, I have to review this at my most critical moment. But I wanted to do this nonetheless seeing how there is a lack of response from readers lately in the Hikaru no Go section.

I found it offbeat with Hikaru's dissapearance. But this one-shot possesses amazing charm and style- and you pulled it off in the mystery and suspense category to top it off. (It looks so ridiculously simple and easy to read in terms of the writing format). That is something I haven't seen in a long time.

The way Akari and Touya are a part of Hikaru's life though in different ways was a nice thing to see here. (To be honest, I was afraid that there was going to be an unexpected pairing between Touya and Akira for a moment and that this story was going to turn out to be non-Go related.) Plus you added in descriptions of actual Go moves, too.

And with strange elegance, the one-shot possess that magical quality. I was nearly taken aback when Akari discovers a mysterious glow from the stones follow before she becomes engulfed into a game by herself. And with the appearance of the old Go club members, it felt like I was just starting the manga all over again- fresh and excited.

The line: "Why Akari? When you could've had Sai?" was a bit akward though. It took me awhile to figure out that was Hikaru who was saying that.

However, I applaud you for your work. This is one of strangest but most enjoyable one-shots I have ever read in a long time.
wdango chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
-gapes at your superiority-

I applaud your brilliance. Damn. Like, damn. This is... like... Sublime. With a capital S.