Reviews for Bad Timing
Cutter12 chapter 15 . 5/30/2012
Another very enjoyable by you, thanks. :D
Kazuki Landen chapter 15 . 6/29/2008
I was very worried about how this was going to go, but it worked out ok in the end... so I'm happy.

Why is Charlie so damn easy to whump? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
FairCritic chapter 15 . 1/3/2008
Incredible. Simply incredible. Your portrayal of Don was amazing. This story is one of the best I've ever read on fanfiction. And "the porcelain god"? Hilarious.
Romanse chapter 15 . 12/27/2006
This story stands out light a brilliant gem amongst the MANY poorly written Numbers fics on this site. I felt like I had been on a long and difficult, and yet oh so satisfying journey along with Charlie and Don. The high quality of this h/c story , is very evident in the research, character intepretation and author's understanding of human nature. Everything was beautifully communicated, from the emotional scenes to the descriptions of the action and settings.

There were many scenes that I found particularly tender and well-done. When Larry fed Charlie the water through the straw, when Charlie had his melt-down, to that final scene where Charlie confronts Don. This was complete storytelling. The reader feels as much for the emotional hurt that Don suffered as the physical and emotional hurt that Charlie suffered.

I sincerely hope that you will write more dramatic, angst/hc stories. You have the maturity to handle it supremely well.

May I offer a sincere word of advice? Most readers understand the important of FB, and there's NOTHING wrong with asking readers for it, but honestly I almost didn't read this because frankly, requests for fb that are more like threatening demands are a MAJOR turn-off and very boorish when it is clear that the author does indeed have writing talent and a story to tell. IF you really do have a story to tell, then tell it because the story compells you to. While reviews are nice to get chapter by chapter, LOTS of people do not read WIPS or simply find the story AFTER it's been completed. Is my or someone else's review worth less because it was written after the story was completed?

Best wishes on all your future writing endeavors.
Sushi Chi chapter 15 . 10/19/2006
Wow. That was very good. I love your stories so much.
quinnb chapter 15 . 10/5/2006
I have to say I was a bit worried when you blew poor Charlie's hand off, but I did enjoy the way you worked through the story and they all came out stronger in the end. I have really enjoyed reading your stories and am waiting patiently(?) for your next one!
Walkin' in Memphis chapter 15 . 10/3/2006
Thanks for always finishing your stories, even when you get tired of them yourself!

I think you did a good job with this one; you kept it realistic, but left it with an optimistic ending. I love the brother stuff; that's what I read all your stories for! Please keep writing!
Jelsemium chapter 15 . 10/3/2006
Good job on this. Very emotional, very traumatic, and yet the Eppes clan manages to fight its way back to equilibirium.

Two minor details. No Amita (snf) and the term is beside manner, not beside manor.

The only thing needed to make this complete is Davison being caught or killed. Not that I'm a violent person, mind you, but I'll take the kill. (Bring in Edgerton! You've never used him, have you?)
a fan chapter 15 . 10/3/2006
I enjoyed the story. It was a unique idea and that doesn't happen to often anymore in the world of fanfic. Just so you know I had a good time. :o)

thanks for sharing
Tanager36 chapter 15 . 10/3/2006
I have to admit, I tried not to think too much about Charlie's hand. That part of the story was a bit much for me. However, I really enjoyed the Don stuff, and I think you did a great job with his PTSD. The "dis" part from an earlier chapter was one of my favorite parts. It just read so well.
Patty chapter 15 . 10/3/2006
In spite of your statement about it being a difficult read, I've enjoyed every minute

of it. No one can predict how anyone else will or should respond to a traumatic event.

Each person will react differently; the weak may become strong and the strong may become

weak.

There was one statement of Charlie's that brought me to tears: He didn't need justice.

He'd already received grace. Lovely, just lovely.
Patty chapter 14 . 10/2/2006
I'm sitting here, all relaxed and smiling, just thinking about how gentle and kind

Anna was to Charlie. Goes to show you it just takes a feminine touch to make the world

seem all better! LOL

Seriously, I'm tickled to death at Charlie's new attitude and I'm more than anxious to see Don's reaction to the tough talk.
Lush chapter 15 . 10/2/2006
Once again a well written story that flowed very nicely. I don't think you crossed the whumping line. The whumping was not gratuitous but had a point to the outcome. You wrote with compassion and I feel you pulled the story together well with some great writing and plots. The best line from Charlie, "“Justice? I was one of the lucky ones, Donnie. I don’t need justice. I’ve already received grace.”" sums up one aspect of your story rather well.

Keep up the fabulous writing, I enjoy everyone of your stories even if I don't get to leave a comment every time.

Perhaps Charlie might enjoy being whumped by a Satanic Cult or being stalked by a male student? (Yes, my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek with several grains of salt!) I don't think any whumping is too much if it is well written and constructed, that also has a point to it.
SmileyMare1810 chapter 15 . 10/2/2006
Thanks so much for Don's reaction, as a sibling I cant imagine hearing words like that come out of someone I loved so much. But Don was strong and fixed Charlie's perception I am so happy. Thanks for the story, and I've loved it, simple but strong.
Eyphur chapter 13 . 10/2/2006
I forgot to add. I loved the summary. "You ain't seen whumpin', yet." Allways makes me laugh.