Reviews for Proteus
APFW chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Bravo, I did not think I would read something better than the first chapter you wrote but this was an excellent read. I stayed up late to read this, it had action, adventure, hooro and a touch of romance. This line was sheer poetry, "Teyla- the name had played in John's mind every moment waking or sleeping in some form or another for two years. He had grown accustomed to the texture and taste of it on his tongue but the way the name sounded inside, stroking the chords of his body, was something unique and astonishing."
Asugar chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
I love how this builds on your previous stories in the series yet takes the characters in completely new directions. As always your writing and the interactions between John and Teyla are my favorite part here.
JoyBean chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Another great story! I am so getting addicted to your writing. I've noticed other reviewers had problems with your stories not being broken up in chapters. To me it is not a problem. Your story is complete in every way. It is probably loads easier on you to just upload your story once, instead of multiple times. Your stories are long and perfect and require your reader's attention, and I feel soon that you will have a large following with many reviewers. Please keep writing! You have a true and wonderful talent.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story! My only suggestion would be to break it into chapters - it took me awhile to have the time to read the whole thing and review. It's a lot to take in and process in one sitting!

Amazing work. I am really impressed. Do you write original fiction as well? I can't wait to see your next fic - write more, write fast, write well!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
This was very very intense and very very good. I consider this a sequel (or continuation) of The Crystal Room... don't you?

So Koyla is loose? Hm.
jtjaforever chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
Another outstanding story. Thanks so much.
ayrstar chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Wow, another amazing story, you are such a great writer. I love how you incorporated and combined your two past stories The Crystal Room and Dark Matter, very creative. The only problem I had was that it is so long, making it tedious to get through, but in the end very much worth the time reading it. Maybe if you split it up into more chapters it would be easier to get through. Anyways I’ll end with saying please continue to write, we need more J/T stories out there and you do an wonderful job writing them.
Cielito chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
Oh, I LOVE THIS STORY...mind you I was half asleep when I read it...but I LOVE IT!

now, I love how your stories progress and have a continuity...your John Sheppard is spot on...I can't believe I am even writing this review when you've actually managed to make me cry in Dark Matter..you know why? and now you make me cringe when John was being tortured...WOW!

and Teyla...oh, don't get me started!

Now, to revive your minor characters and bring them back to life in here and still maintain a new story interesting..is truly a gift that you have as a writer...

And my goodness, the love expressed here between John and Teyla is clearly powerful and so much within characters and fics like these are the ones that can work in the real show because they portray the strong bond and connection between these two while still preserving their ultimate loyalty to their friends, to Atlantis and everyone on Earth and the Pegasus Galaxy...this is how it can be done in the series, subtle but OH, so there!

yippe! love hon...love it!

keep it coming!
sydney1965us chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I have you on my author alert list, so imagine how happy I was to find out that you had another fic to be read. I love your writing, I love your John/Teyla interaction,I love these two together and you write them believable and in character. This is the good stuff.
LilBird50 chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
I cannot tell you how much I enjoy your stories. I am embarrassed to say that I literally squeed when I saw this new story on here, then chortled in glee when I saw the story title being a huge fan of 'Dark Matter'. Not only are they well thought out, with an actual plot, great characterization, and continuity, your stories are just so evocative. As someone in an earlier review of your 'Dark Matter' story stated, I can so see these as episodes, the mark of a good writer. I loved how you tied in the character of Euryton from 'Dark Matter' into 'Proteus'. To think I thought he was just an unlikeable sh** stirrer, but no, he was a unlikeable sh** stirrer with purpose. I won't even go into how you use the character of Arleus Meta and the Preminian world from your 'Crystal Room' story. Meta's character just felt so real in this story, especially at the end(I have a bad feeling he's ot going to take John's advice) all your characters do. The way you bring your original characters to further realization from your previous stories, so engrossing and vivid. That's how you write original characters. Heck, the TPTB from the show can take some pointers from you in how to sustain a story, maintain characterization, continuity, and how to write and develop original characters. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
spiritedchihiro chapter 1 . 9/25/2006
wow! excellent story! loved the characterisation! and the interaction between john and teyla both in action and the angst you developed was superb! i will have to reread it when i am not so tired, i think i missed a lot...but it was still very easy to visualise because you wrote it soo well!