Reviews for Chocolate Frog cards
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 1 . 10/11
While the idea seems fairly obvious in hindsight, its implications are utterly terrifying. Though, it does explain how Dumbledore is always a few steps ahead, and some of the time discrepancies that occur throughout the series(such as how the Order knew when to arrive at the Ministry in Book 5).

Well done.
WallnutShadow chapter 1 . 6/29/2015
This is an incredibly good idea for a story. It is indeed an awesome idea that there might be a more serious reason behind Dumbledore's desire to be kept on the chocolate frog cards, besides his endearing little bit of vanity.

Dumbledore does always seem to know everything, and reading this story makes me feel like I might have uncovered one of his little secrets. He might have collected information from his image on chocolate frog cards, although I was always under the impression that those particular pictures couldn't talk.

Despite a number of grammatical mistakes and typos, (which we all tend to make), I really did think this was an excellent story.
Bertram Wooster chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
MJLupin27 chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
OMG this is one of the most awesomest ideas ever! I absolutely loved when the card says "young McMillan ate a frog to confort himself down".. it was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time, much as the rest of it.. you did such a great work, I'm infinitely impressed!
CookieMonsta1233 chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Albus Dumbledore is Big Brother, all knowing...
Tigercard chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
I love this! It really gives a believable explanation to Dumbledore's Godlike omniscience. Reading the books I felt he was ridiculously all-knowing for things he would have never been able to deuce with his brains or guess, like Neville standing up to the trio in book 1 for sneaking out to find the stone, then giving him points. There was probably a card lying nearby! And so many other scenarios... I really love the ending too: "Every day a witch or wizard would search the comfort of chocolate and the token of the great hero Albus Dumbledore. He wowed not to let that trust be in vain. " BEAUTIFUL. It really shows how human he is, and it somehow makes me picture him as a younger brilliant boy around Harry's age, acting as a hero like Harry, becoming the legend he is today where he now still has the weight of everyone's hopes on him because he's so powerful.
SylvaDragon chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Excellent story, and so imaginative. I never would have thought of albus doing this with the cards, but it works so well.
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
So clever, little spies in the chocolate. Could imagine it all.
GendryMightBeComingBackSoon chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
cool. ;)
sammyfish chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Brilliant. I love this's somehow believable and definitely accounts for much of Dumbledore's omniscience :D
Marlicat chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Wow. That is awesome! I never would have thought of that, I figured he just liked the cards like the rest of us.
spunkymuzicnote chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Very clever! Thanks for a great read!
q.thews chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Interesting idea, it would explain his knowledge of random semi hidden happenings :-)

fairydustandcansofspam chapter 1 . 10/7/2007

This was simply great. I REALLY liked it. I'd never thought about WHY Dumbledore loved the cards so much. Nice.