Reviews for Red
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 9 . 11/19/2006
Somebody has been reading Little Red Riding Hood in the original version...Brothers Grimm would have loved this.
Antigone11 chapter 9 . 11/19/2006
‘autoeroticism’ He he he

"Her eyes narrowed. “You’re in this together? The both of you? So what the fuck happens now? Where the fuck am I?”"

OK Ruby. I wasn’t all that fond of you to start with and now? I don’t like you at all.

Well, she actually listened to Dean, so I guess maybe she’s not so bad. *I say very begrudgingly*

And the turduken? Creepiest shit I’ve every heard of. It’s just fundamentally wrong, you know? A crime against nature – not to mention against Thanksgiving.

"Ruby’s hands went straight to his fly, which was fine, was so fine, and he realized that though he’d been talking to the Wolf, he’d aroused her just the same as though he’d been talking to her."

Well duh. I’m surprised she lasted as long as she did. Dean talking in that smooth low tone he has? I’d have either been clawing at his zipper in seconds or a hopeless puddle of goo on the floor.

I must confess a certain ignorance about fairy tales. I’m sure the rocks in the cavity is from something, but I don’t know what. Is that actually part of the Little Red Riding Hood story?
Ginger Ninja chapter 9 . 11/19/2006
Eyah! Awesome chapter! Tension, drama, little flashbacks... we got a bit of everything. And the cliffhanger? Wah!

I can't wait for more. I was so happy to see this updated today :D

GN
EagleGirl6 chapter 8 . 11/18/2006
Good grief, what an awesome chapter. Some things I liked.

Poor Dean; this one sentence conveys what's happening and what he's feeling all in one:

Getting my scent again, Dean thought, too dazed to be properly revolted.

Wow, these two descriptions made the scene totally scary:

once…inside, it’s easier.

It was huge and dark and on top of him.

Oh, poor Sam! You totally make me feel what he does:

"Fucking underarm vents, you are so set, dude," Dean had snickered and Sam suddenly missed him fiercely.

Hahaha, classic Sam:

Sam pulled out the big guns, the Sincere Face.

Poor Dean, part deux, and an excellent explanation/observation of human behavior:

Hard to remember, because Dean had never spoken about it, not even once, and collective memories were things built up with mementos and spoken word

Classic Dean, remembering Sam's teachers! Nice touch:)

You are so good with the gory stuff. You hint at stuff without actually saying it – it makes it all the more scary. Excellent job.

Jeez, this description of Sam's anger is so potent. And describes his motivation for hunting, and... well, it tells a lot about the character. I read this passage again and again:

For their father it had always been hot and fast, for Dean a slow burn, flaring up during his brother’s more outrageous behaviors. But for others, for things that ought not to be bothering humanity, Sam’s anger was deep and abiding.

This was an excellent chapter. The story is good, of course, and the descriptions, dialogue, characterization, all good.

So, a guy at work the other day was telling me how he happened into his current occupation after being first a Forestry major. HA, what thought springs to my mind first? "Red"! But I kept my geeky-fangirl nature to myself and didn't share that I'm reading a most-awesome fanfic about just that subject! You rule!

Kelly
alaine1910 chapter 8 . 11/17/2006
Great keep going, more soon please
bjxmas chapter 8 . 11/13/2006
Again so much about this story I love. I do still love the little glimpses into what happened in the past and how both Dean and Sam are trying to remember. I admire that you know where this story is going and how it will end. As much as I love it, some writers get carried away and want to prolong the story and draw it out, I like that you are holding to your vision.

"Even Ludovic laying eyes on him was somehow thieving, and the whole point of him coming here was to take shit back, not to give it away." This perfectly sums up Dean and his determination to face this evil. As scared as he is, and rightfully should be, he still wants to do the right thing and kill this evil SOB. That is why we love Dean, he faces his worst nightmares and perseveres.

"Dean was all sharp angles and prickles and jags, nothing soft or safe about him. He was also broken, yes, in a fundamental way that Sam was coming to recognize, but smashed glass could inflict horrible damage all the same. “He doesn’t taste so good now, does he?”" Oh, I love this, that Dean is not all that the wolf thought he would be. That as helpless as Dean now feels, he still has choices he can make and knowing him, he will not make this easy on this wolf.

This is just so starkly terrifying seeing the postition Dean is in. Add on the terror Sam feels at facing this evil and not knowing how to conquer it and get Dean back. Great job. I can't wait to see how you resolve all this. Thanks again, B.J.
Fireman Phil chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
Well, it may be a while before I order a tuna melt, again, but I'm definitely coming bacck for Chapter 2. BTW, I was guided to your story by carocali.

I like you use of flashbacks to give us a quick understanding of the background and underlying mystery (or at least some of it). Now, that you've mentioned "the first time" Dean encountered this "thing," are you going to tell us about it? I guess I'll have to read more to find out.
AcidChic chapter 8 . 11/13/2006
Very eerie and creepy that Lukas guy is. The way you decribe what he is doing to poor Dean, so close to his face and licking him(Dude? Personal bubble much?) and just doing things that no doubt will lable him as a pedophile and rapist in almost the 52 states. :P Anyway great chapter, So happy when I saw the update. I was a little confused of where Dean was. "He's 'inside'? 'Inside' where? The caddie? He's inside the caddie? No wait he's inside The Wolf? How the hell is Sam gonna get him out?" Dean is getting out, right? *looks nvervously* Right?
stjra chapter 8 . 11/13/2006
I can't wait to see how Dean gets out of this one! Loving the Sam fury as well! Also love how Dean make the wolf sick! Thanks for sharing, please don't make us wait too long!
chrissie0707 chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
First of all - love long chapters.

Secondly - that's totally cool if you had the reference written down first. I'm not gonna ask your betas, I believe you. :)

And, oh yeah, isn't there a story here? Yup, and a good one. You're in both of the guys' heads really well, and something that stuck out to me in this chapter specifically but I know has been present throughout is the split focus between Dean and Sam and how while this is an angstyDean story, there is significant time spent with Sam. Which is good, because I love the Dean whumpage, but I love both the boys. And I think a good SPN writer will acknowledge the fact that you need both of them to make a story, that they're a team, and I think you do that.

Great chapter!
Windyfontaine chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
That was truly good, engaging and completely readable. The good news is I'm finally reviewing early :) The bad news is I was too blown away to be able to form many coherent sentences :P I'm reduced to: Oh that was good! Darn, he got him. Go Sam! Sam is hot when he's pissed. Take that, wolfie! Ha, wolfie has a tummyache. Detective Sam, c'mon, put together the clues! Darn, it's over? Where's the rest? Hmm, gotta review. Um, I know that made no sense, but I really did like this chapter and need more desperately. Feed me soon? And have a great week :)
kewing chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
John promising "violent revenge like early Christmas"...*shudders*. I love it. Come on Sam, hurry up! Would love to hear more about 92.
IheartPadalecki chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
omg that was amazing. how the hell do you come up with this stuff? Sam has to find dEAN!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
A man would have to die if he left a woman so unsatisfied! I can't hang on much longer...
Cuppa Char chapter 8 . 11/12/2006
Lukas, Ludovic, the Wolf... just so creepy and perverted *shudders* ... but so compelling and I just can't stop reading it.

I loved it how you described now the wolf has Dean inside him, Dean doesn't taste so nice, because he's damaged and broken and like glass and how it must hurt him. I just loved it. He's beautiful and perfect on the outside, but completely broken snd shattered on the inside.

And I loved your Great Escape reference, because it was subtle and in-character, plus Dean breathing on the window and writing his name there, is such a Dean thing to do.

I'm addicted - can't wait for the next up-date.
249 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »