Reviews for Red
loz chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
fantastic story, i luv the suspense. cant wait 4 the next update
kewing chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
So, I read this before work this morning (made me run late-thanks) and then haven't been able to get it out of my mind all day. This is an excellent story and now I've got to go back and reread it. I'm dying to see what happens in 1992. Thanks for sharing!
irismay42 chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
So if my typing's wonky its because I can't see for the mascara in my eyes... Ok so I'm crying with Kiddie Dean and wanting so much for someone to give that poor kid a hug... And then Pastor Jim gives him the equivalent down the phone... "I have your dad on another line..."

My god, if this story gets much more gut and heart wrenching I'm going to need some valium before its finished. 1992 Dean finally crumpling, no doubt more from guilt and shame than from relief, 1997 Dean getting the cold shoulder from John and Sam who both think he was goofing off when he was going through hell trying to provide for them both, and then present day Dean getting skewered just in time for the Big Bad Wolf to gobble him all up... (Is Dean Red Riding Hood in this story? If so, she survived, right?)

I swear this story's going to drive me into a nervous breakdown before its done... And that's a seriously big compliment. I'm just praying Sam gets his butt in gear and gets to Dean in time!
stjra chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
Awesome story! I just tuned in and it's fantastic! Can't wait for the next update. This has everything I love, teenage winchesters along with adult winchesters and plenty of Dean whumping and angst! What more could a Supernatural obsessor ask for? The boys in person I suppose, but in lieu of that I'll settle for great fan fiction, thanks for sharing and keeping me going between episodes!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
When Dean fell I fell. I was afraid to look at what he had done to himself! Fabulous chapter, so visual. I could not sit still, better than movie. I virtually kiss your feet. This is probably the best story I've read of yours.
Libellule chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
I read all 7 chapters in one go- this story is awesome! I really like how you've used the three segments of time to reveal to us what happened to Dean and how just creepy this wolf is. Sam and Dean are very much in character, thank you! Hope you update sooner rather than later!
Alienmom chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
This is a very exciting story. I am really enjoying reading it and anxiously awaiting the next chapter.
livengoo chapter 7 . 11/6/2006
Aie! CLIFFHUNG! I'll wait with bated (baited?) breath. Just for the record, bait tastes awful.

Goo
chrissie0707 chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
hey there. i ran into this story a coupla chapters back, and just wanted to let you know that i've been enjoying it. a lot. i appreciate the amount of thought and preperation that needs to go into a story using any knid of flashbacks to progress the story, and a lot of writers botch that part up pretty bad, keeping the characters so right throughout different times in their lives, but i think you've done a really great job. also, all of the research that has been incorporated. i can tell that this story has taken a lot of work, and i hope that you've been pleased with the results. it really is a great read, and i'll be waiting ever-so-patiently (yeah...) for the next chapter. :)
Ginger Ninja chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
The end right there? So, so awesomely written. I could picture it all so clearly in my head. Fantastic work.

Dean's present situation? Just the mental images of that is sending shivers through me. Nasty.

And the sentence "...patriarchal hegemonic practice endemic to all capitalist post-colonial social constructs" that I actually understood tells me I actually did learn something in my feminism class and all those English lit lectures I attempted to sleep through. Yay you for writing that and yay me for learning stuff! XD

I'm looking forward to more SO much. This is one of the best fics around right now.

*GN*
Antigone11 chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
“…Stinking of booze, held up by a little blonde, probably been in a barfight for all we know. Took off when I was down for the count, leaving us notes while he played paintball, Sam. You can’t just feed me drugs until I calm down.”

If it’s wrong to want to kick John in the head right now, I don’t want to be right. How can he possibly justify jumping to that conclusion, after the job Dean has done raising Sam and taking care of him for YEARS? When has Dean ever acted in such an irresponsible manner? I assume John is freaking ashamed of himself that he got himself hurt and is not able to provide for his own damn family and therefore has to rely on his son to do it for him and can’t stand the feeling so he takes it out on said son. *whew* And therefore earns my utmost contempt. *pft!*

“The Wolf shifted slightly, reached out a trembling taloned hand, then withdrew suddenly, a child overwhelmed by the amount of presents under the tree.”

Yikes! Brilliantly conceived analogy. And so, so creepy.

I want the next chapter! (jumps up and down excitedly) When are you going to post? Huh? When! *whines* I wanna read it.

The fact that the Wolf gets off on Dean’s voice is completely understandable (sorry, but Jensen Ackles’ voice is damn sexy) and unutterably harrowing. I can’t see how Sam is going to find Dean in the fog so Dean is on his own unless Ludovic choses to play with him for a while longer. MORE!

One last thing, is John going to be mad at Dean in 1992? Should I be preparing my laser-sharp wit to rip him a new one in a very imaginative location? (and I don't mean Timbuktu)
bjxmas chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
Damn, you are so good! The evilness of the wolf with his "Talk to me" and you can just feel everything Dean is feeling and thinking. Leaving present day Dean trapped there with the wolf, hurt so badly that Sammy had better find him and save him cause he isn't getting himself out of this one.

I waited for 1992 this time and you had me worried you weren't gonna get back to that, so 3/4 thru I just had to scroll to see the date, then I went back and read in order. Killed me to do it, but it was worth the wait.

The terror of 13 year old Dean, how badly he is shook up that he finally calls Pastor Jim and can't even manage to talk until he has to for Sammy. WOW! I can't imagine what John will think when he finds him.

You just have such a way with words. I don't know how to explain it, but you kinda have a poetic feel with all the description of the rain and mist and setting the mood with such an eerie feel. And then you throw all this terror into the mix. Again this is such a compelling read. I was thrilled again when the pop up said I had a new chapter. Thanks so much for writing such an amazing fic. Truly great, B.J.
brighette chapter 7 . 11/5/2006
Ahh, great chappie. Pinned!Dean and Keening!Dean, all in one beautifully written update. I do love your stories, so much detail and development, truly you have a gift :)
Windyfontaine chapter 6 . 11/3/2006
Wow. I'm sad, you killed her :( Well, the wolf did. And I'm afraid Lori met the same fate. But maybe Ruby won't. Loved this chapter, was working the last couple of days and you know me, read it a bit at a time, so by the time I'm done you're well on the way to finishing up the next chapter :) So at least Ludovic is aging, graying hair and all. I can't come close to the other reviews this time, will just say very well done and I hope Dean has a plan. There must be some way to kill a quasi-were-wolf. And the poor falling tree, I actually felt for it more than I did for Brent, lol. Have a great week!
EagleGirl6 chapter 6 . 11/2/2006
OMG. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but OMG. Just so you know, I'm writing this review as I read, so I don't miss anythink I want to compliment you on:) You get real-time streaming fangirl-thoughts...

That a**hole dropped a tree on Dean! And Dean bear-whispered whatever it was? Awesome.

Oh, so creepy, so evil:

“Not what I wanted, of course, not what’s needed…”

Why, oh why can't Kripke see reason and make you a writer on the show? Your OCs are the ones we should be seeing, both Tanya and Lori:

Once he was gone, she lowered the shotgun. Her face was gray. “C’mon.” She wasn’t letting go of the gun, and wasn’t going to give it to Dean, because he was going to go shooting up the camp like an insane person. “C’mon.”

I love how you left Dean in the hands of competent women in both of the flashback time periods.

Uh, oh, is Sam gonna find out about the first time now?

“You knew him from before,” Sam tried. “Ten years ago, this valley.”

Very interesting that Lukas says this, I had to re-read twice (like Sam's gonna listen anyway):

“You stay away from me. And from him.”

Dude, this sounds just like Sam on the show! (of course, why am I surprised? :

“When was the first time you ran into this thing? Really? ‘Cause it wasn’t ’97, Dean.”

Brother-speak, that's so cute:

“I’ll call tomorrow,” “Not if I call first,”

This is almost as good as "Save the cheerleader, save the world"; could be their mantra for this episode - I mean story:

"Protect the hippie chicks."

Oh Sammy's so sweet, does he even realize that he's a girl's dream come true? Snuggling all night?

Poor 'lil-Dean, the Protector is forged in fire in 1992...

"and she had pushed him out the door and he had let her"

Damn, you are so good. I would buy your stories in hardcover, new.

Kelly