Reviews for Red
bjxmas chapter 1 . 10/25/2006
Knew I hadn't reviewed this chapter and just wanted to add a couple thoughts. Yes, it is tragic Dean thinks he has to sell himself to provide for Sam and I would hope he never had to go thru that, but you did provide such motivation on that.

His not wanting to call Pastor Jim, afraid of what he would learn of Dad was heartbreaking. You really set the stage for the heartbreak of Dean falling that low, and then his inner voice trying to calm him and just "take it like a man", just like any other job like Dad has always trained him to do. In their work they do lots of unsavory things and just have to do what needs doing. His dedication just shines thru for taking care of Sammy.

I did love that Mary was with him, whispering to run, giving him some strength to escape this fate. Dean is a survivor and I am so grateful, he managed to escape this fate. Sammy has never fully realized how much more Dean always had to face and how quickly he had to grow up.

Anyway, you are doing a great job showing how any of these rentboys end up in these situations, how being independent and not having options forces them to make these hard choice.

So glad Dean escaped that fate, but I know you have plenty more peril he will face before he beats this evil. Thanks, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
Another cliffie! Must confess immediately found 1992 to find out what happened to young Dean, then started back up at the top. You are so capturing Dean's determination, grit and fear in all three times.

I so understand Sam's frustration with Dean, hiding his pain and the truth, proclaiming he is fine with this when obviously he is scared to death. But that is Dean facing his life with bravado, hiding his terror. Man, I love Dean and you are showing all his facets so well. You can feel his terror.

This Lucas/Ludovic guy is the most evil menace I have ever seen. I can't wait for Dean to carve him up with the chain saw. Sorry, not really the violent type, but damn! He deserves it!

Another captivating chapter. Don't know what is up with the alerts, I haven't gotten one for this yet. I'm still getting messages from last week. Can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks, B.J.
Antigone11 chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
No! You can't stop there! Well, I am glad that Dean wasn't actually raped, just basically terrified. The encounter when Dean was 18 or so was really really creepy. I'm very curious about Ludovic's statement about how long it was until Dean came back - like he was fully expecting Dean to return to him. There was a very possessive tone there. *shudder* I'm afraid about Sam's big show at the protest camp. Lukas certainly knows he's a weak spot for Dean now, if he didn't know before. It certainly sounds like Ludovic/Lukas has been harbouring unrequited lust, or hunger, for Dean for a long long time.

I've got to admit, I would have liked to have Dean at least try to call Pastor Jim before turning to the prostitution thing. He could have gotten Jim's answering machine or something and then come to the belief that he truly had to sell his body to save Sam. I know Dean is really proud and used to shouldering complete responsibility for Sam, but I guess I still would have liked one desperate phone call - it would actually have upped the angst quotient even higher for me because Dean would have once again been let down by a responsible adult (even though Jim would have had no idea what the consequences were of not being home at a particular instant). Regardless, Dean's sense of desperation is palpable. Visualizing Sam's sick face in order to make himself go through with it was heartbreaking. As was hearing his mother's voice calling him 'baby' and tell him to run. *whimper*

Hope to see an update soon!
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
hell I was getting nervous there for Dean. Good chapter. Lovely detail. Thank God the alerts are working again.
fleeting fancy chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
This story is so intense and suspenseful. Again, I'm not normally one for the shifting timelines but everything is still flowing quite nicely. Is Sam going to find out what happened in '92? I know it would be a bit out of character for Dean to openly share that kind of thing with him but I really really want him to. lol.

I am really looking forward to Lukas/Ludovic getting killed. He is very creepily written and I'm just loving the way this story is continually building towards the big showdown. Very well done. Not to be impatient or anything but I hope you update soon:). You really leave me on the edge of my seat and I look forward to the next chapter.
IheartPadalecki chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
My god! Amazing chapter. I'm kinda excited to see where it goes.
Ginger Ninja chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
Wah cliffhanger! Deaths and doom across the years. I can't wait for more. This story is so intense! The idea of a granny up a tree is so funny but then everything else is so heavy that the humour has to take a backseat. Awesome writing.

...and a very welcome distraction from midterm studying ;)

Can't wait for more!

*GN*
IheartPadalecki chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Flowers for Algernon is an amazing book. That was a nice big chapter there. But I thought it was kind of depressing again. M, do you have a thing for Dean and Sam not telling eachother what they know- or what they're going to do? Like you know, in your last story.. haha it's good.
Ginger Ninja chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for updating. I wish I could express how awesomely well-timed this chapter was 'cause it appeared right when I needed something to cheer me up. Thank you!

And it was an awesome read too. I'm so anxious for 1992! 1997! and Present!Dean and Sam. Three timelines all interconnected and all as fascinating as each other. Fantastic writing!

Looking forward to more :D

GN
Windyfontaine chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Holy crap! Is it possible for your writing to get better? Good thing I trolled the site or I would have missed this update, the alerts aren't working. Anyways, totally awesome. Smiled at big purple dinosaur :) So Dean is deliberately making himself bait, knowing what he faced before? Oh man, that is scary. At least he opened up to Sam a little, but not enough. And the granny in the tree was priceless. And the end of the chapter-please no. No wonder he can't remember it all, his mind is probably blocking like crazy for survival purposes. I love all the little details you put in as well, from blisters beneath toes (ouch!) to the immovable cigarette in Uncle G's mouth :) Great chapter, and I rec'd you to someone else, only to find this story was recommended to her already :) Will wait patiently for the next one, and feel free to email me when you update so I don't miss it. Have a great day :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Hey! I didn't realize this was updated. God you write so cool. Is that eloquent or what? You're stories always read like you're an expert on whatever you're writing about.

I actually have posted a new one shot but since the alerts quit working after the false alrm I wasn't sure if you'd seen it. Also the review alerts aren't working either so you may not get this. My New one is called "I'd Rather Have The pain..." I was gonna e-mail you but the site didn't recognize you and I couldn't find your address... sorry .
bjxmas chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
Oh man, you are killing me here. Having one Dean to worry over is hard enough, but having three, all in danger, all facing so much menace and I am a basket case.

This is the most evil cliffie I have ever seen and I can't imagine a kid facing this, especially our Dean. You have set the stage here and I hope you'll take care of him cause we all know he survives, but how? What will he lose in the process?

Suffice it to say I am on pins and needles waiting for the next update. This is such an intense story, well done. B.J.
EagleGirl6 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
I love this story, all the work you put into it, all the timelines, its all awesome. But why in the world wouldn't Dean call Pastor Jim! I'm sure John left them with a backup plan... And oh no, Dean's leaving with that guy and the chapter's over. Evil woman.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
Thanks to stupid malfunctioning alerts, I nearly missed an update of the best story around at the moment - seriously, I'm not kidding. I've read the first 3 chapters about eight or nine times so far...

I can't tell you how compelling this thing is - its like waiting for something really bad to happen in all three time lines, and you know when it does, you're either going to be a puddle on the floor or wanting desperately to give Dean a very very big hug. Or both. Dean's inability to tell Sam what's going on is so true to character, as is Sam's having to strategise ways to get his brother to open up to him. And Ludovic / Lukas continues to be an extremely malevolent presence throughout the whole thing, without his even having said anything.

One request: Don't let Tanya be a victim of the Big Bad Wolf. Bad enough it got Lori...
Antigone11 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
I'm on my way out the door so I don't have time for one of my long rambling commentaries, but I was SO glad to have this to read before I left! The tension is really mounting and I absolutely adore the image of Dean wrapped up in a fuzzy yellow (disgusting) blanket swinging his bare feet. Awesome!
254 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »