Reviews for Red
Ginger Ninja chapter 5 . 10/25/2006
Wah cliffhanger! Deaths and doom across the years. I can't wait for more. This story is so intense! The idea of a granny up a tree is so funny but then everything else is so heavy that the humour has to take a backseat. Awesome writing.

...and a very welcome distraction from midterm studying ;)

Can't wait for more!

*GN*
IheartPadalecki chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Flowers for Algernon is an amazing book. That was a nice big chapter there. But I thought it was kind of depressing again. M, do you have a thing for Dean and Sam not telling eachother what they know- or what they're going to do? Like you know, in your last story.. haha it's good.
Ginger Ninja chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for updating. I wish I could express how awesomely well-timed this chapter was 'cause it appeared right when I needed something to cheer me up. Thank you!

And it was an awesome read too. I'm so anxious for 1992! 1997! and Present!Dean and Sam. Three timelines all interconnected and all as fascinating as each other. Fantastic writing!

Looking forward to more :D

GN
Windyfontaine chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Holy crap! Is it possible for your writing to get better? Good thing I trolled the site or I would have missed this update, the alerts aren't working. Anyways, totally awesome. Smiled at big purple dinosaur :) So Dean is deliberately making himself bait, knowing what he faced before? Oh man, that is scary. At least he opened up to Sam a little, but not enough. And the granny in the tree was priceless. And the end of the chapter-please no. No wonder he can't remember it all, his mind is probably blocking like crazy for survival purposes. I love all the little details you put in as well, from blisters beneath toes (ouch!) to the immovable cigarette in Uncle G's mouth :) Great chapter, and I rec'd you to someone else, only to find this story was recommended to her already :) Will wait patiently for the next one, and feel free to email me when you update so I don't miss it. Have a great day :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 4 . 10/22/2006
Hey! I didn't realize this was updated. God you write so cool. Is that eloquent or what? You're stories always read like you're an expert on whatever you're writing about.

I actually have posted a new one shot but since the alerts quit working after the false alrm I wasn't sure if you'd seen it. Also the review alerts aren't working either so you may not get this. My New one is called "I'd Rather Have The pain..." I was gonna e-mail you but the site didn't recognize you and I couldn't find your address... sorry .
bjxmas chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
Oh man, you are killing me here. Having one Dean to worry over is hard enough, but having three, all in danger, all facing so much menace and I am a basket case.

This is the most evil cliffie I have ever seen and I can't imagine a kid facing this, especially our Dean. You have set the stage here and I hope you'll take care of him cause we all know he survives, but how? What will he lose in the process?

Suffice it to say I am on pins and needles waiting for the next update. This is such an intense story, well done. B.J.
EagleGirl6 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
I love this story, all the work you put into it, all the timelines, its all awesome. But why in the world wouldn't Dean call Pastor Jim! I'm sure John left them with a backup plan... And oh no, Dean's leaving with that guy and the chapter's over. Evil woman.
irismay42 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
Thanks to stupid malfunctioning alerts, I nearly missed an update of the best story around at the moment - seriously, I'm not kidding. I've read the first 3 chapters about eight or nine times so far...

I can't tell you how compelling this thing is - its like waiting for something really bad to happen in all three time lines, and you know when it does, you're either going to be a puddle on the floor or wanting desperately to give Dean a very very big hug. Or both. Dean's inability to tell Sam what's going on is so true to character, as is Sam's having to strategise ways to get his brother to open up to him. And Ludovic / Lukas continues to be an extremely malevolent presence throughout the whole thing, without his even having said anything.

One request: Don't let Tanya be a victim of the Big Bad Wolf. Bad enough it got Lori...
Antigone11 chapter 4 . 10/21/2006
I'm on my way out the door so I don't have time for one of my long rambling commentaries, but I was SO glad to have this to read before I left! The tension is really mounting and I absolutely adore the image of Dean wrapped up in a fuzzy yellow (disgusting) blanket swinging his bare feet. Awesome!
bjxmas chapter 3 . 10/20/2006
This story is great. The research sures show through. I love young Dean and young Sammy and how they interact. It is so heartwrenching to think of Dean trying to take care of everything with Dad being missing. A younger Dean would have called Pastor Jim, but a 13 year old? His pride is showing.

I also love seeing the 18 year old Dean, trying to be the man and take care of his family, yet still having fears. I can't wait to see where you go with this. Great job, B.J.
bjxmas chapter 2 . 10/20/2006
Just discovered your story thanks to irismay42's recommendation. You have a very interesting style. You have a real ability to set the stage and draw the reader in. All the descriptive elements paint a vivid picture. I love how you are interweaving three different time periods.

I love seeing the two young versions of Dean. So sad to see how hard life was back then but you are doing a great job making him real. On to read the rest. Thanks, B.J.
livengoo chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
I am totally hooked on this and enjoying it. The research you're doing shows through loud and clear, and makes it easy to immerse myself in the world you're painting and to believe those details. I love your anecdote of how you got your facts! Way to research, girl! You go!

The plot is nice - it's got a good, ominous feel to it and it's got a fairly original feel. The old "hero and potential victims isolated in woods" is as old as Snow White of course, but you've done a nice twist with the two brothers worrying on opposite mountain slopes, both in high risk situations for similar but different reasons.

Nice use of dialogue and physical motion too. Ruby is a fun character is is bringing out Sam in a nifty way. I LOVE the physical comedy in Dean and his salmon burger, and Sam's baffled realization that his brother knows something due to experience Sam didn't know was there - very fun. Since Sam is our Dante and Dean our Virgil here, Sam's assumption he knows his brother is normal enough but it's always a treat when that gets turned on its head.

Very much looking forward to the next bit.

Goo
Windyfontaine chapter 3 . 10/17/2006
Man, each chapter of yours is like a little work of art. You're weaving all these timelines and stories together better than Charlotte ever could, and painting a picture of evil that is so creepy it's scarier possibly because of its formlessness. Um, if that makes any sense :D

Bits that stood out: Salmon burger-hehe. Sam's description of Tanya-somehow, I hadn't pictured her like that, the motherliness made her seem more wholesome somehow-I guess in this case better to take the tattooed pierced and dyed person over the normal-looking blond guy :) I was grinning like a loon over Dean's trip up the mountain in the death-defying truck :) And I'm sure that if Sam works hard at it he could make it to at least a thousand trees in a day.

All in all, wonderful chapter that I savored, and will be eagerly awaiting more art from your pen, or rather, word processor. Have a great week :)
Tinycoward chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
Man. This is great. I'll hold off til you're finished, but then, I swear! Lucy Lou is in her frikkin way, man. Beware!
irismay42 chapter 3 . 10/16/2006
Yay! Update!

This story just gets creepier... Lukas / Ludovic / Marlboro Man is a decidedly horrific creation. And we've not really even see him DO anything yet... Esh. Just hope he gets what's coming to him. Hopefully retribution will involve Dean with a big chainsaw.
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »