Reviews for Red
Marlowe97 chapter 10 . 5/21/2009
Damn, I swore to myself not to pester you with my reviews too much, but I have to do it - even if it is just one more... Let's see, shall we ;)

Anyway, this was... AWESOME!

Damn, you full on played my kinks: Dean (#1),

big, dense forests (#2),

loggers (hell, I LOVE the smell of resin and chaninsaw-ol. I do!) (#3)

and a heart-gutting backround-storie of young Dean in grave peril (#4)

R... I was purring through the chapters, imagening Dean in loggin-gear. With a chainsaw, and those toolbelts. Hell, I guess I need a shower...

But it was way more than e series of kinks, no! It has a hell of a great storyline, great cast and a real creepy evil thing. And a hero-Sam, something I really appreciate, if Dean is in trouble. Which he tends to find himself in...

The Wolf was... damn, creepy is too nice. Except that I hate the Grimm-tales for what they always do to the wolf in there. 'Specialy the one whith the little goatlings. And even this evil bastard? I felt sorry for him (in the end, not before Sam put the rocks in! Don't get me wrong: I woulda done the same!)

So... Great read, once again. Put it on my fav-list, might read it again ;)
Jamiez001 chapter 10 . 4/15/2009
:D I thought I'd read this & see how it is since you recommended it to me in a reply for one of my reviews. It's really good, I liked it a lot. I think it's awesome you ended it with Tanya & I like your sisters Soap Opera rule #1.

Jamie
J-09 chapter 10 . 4/13/2009
This is, hands down, one of the most beautiful and striking fan fics I've ever read.

I loved the interweaving of stories/time and the overall slow and steady pacing of the story. The 'wolf' was just fantastic and creepy. I loved the oft repeated "Talk to Me"... it was just really surreal and fantastic and left me with this aching feeling in my chest while reading.

There are really no words that can accurately describe how awesome this fic is. Really.
Mallaithe chapter 10 . 3/22/2009
Radtacular, see how good that was? I made up a whole new freaking word for it :D Now I have to be at work in three hours...
Miyo86 chapter 10 . 1/9/2009
This fanfic is simply incredible, and I mean beyond having a massive plot line and wonderful twists. What amazes me most about this fic is your creativity in descriptions,the small but always perfectly placed details that accentuate a scene. You had me hooked from the moment you described Ruby's hair as a ferret that might eat out of her hand, until right here at the end with the scent of cut flowers. Honestly, I think you should write novels. You have an incredible talent.
amyblair chapter 10 . 11/22/2008
Well, I stayed up late last night and finished your fic.

Phenomenal.

I have to say, I had the Little Red Riding Hood Motif figured when I met Granny... I put together the Wolf and Red... the Hunters. You twisted things so nicely, though, that it was all still such a surprise.

Loved Sam. "Are you saying I'm a Donkey?" But really, Loved Sam. Thought it was a great thing for him to save his brother, trusting on the original fairy tale. 'But that's not how the story goes'

You weaved three stories together so well, giving us both such great insight into both brothers. I loved how Sam wanted Dean to tell him the truth, stop holding back, and then through the other characters and his own memory he found out what he had feared. Then when Dean started to tell his tale to his brother in his own drugged remembrance, I so enjoyed Sam's, "Shh... don't talk right now."

Great, great story. But I'm sure you've already been told that.

Loved your notes at the beginning of the chapters, too. Clever and quick of you.

And your titles of the Chapters. They're fantastic as well.

Nicely done, Pink. I'm so glad to have read 'Red'.

Blair
amyblair chapter 6 . 11/21/2008
I am so into this. I love even the small things - how you shorten "Goodenuff" down to Uncle G and when we are looking at things through Brent's POV, Dean now becomes the Kid, with a capital K. And I thought it was brilliant the way Brent feels about Dean before the tree falls and then his concern after. You circled so well and all based on Brent's fears of not being able to move and the bear... that didn't exist.

Totally dug your description of "Hong Kong chop-socky movie"

"muscles like Iggy Pop" You don't have to say anything else.

I so think it's great that this is a WOLF. And by Wolf, it can take the role of many things. I love it's way to blend, yet stick out, and I totally get your descriptions of him - throughout his 'life'.

I like Tanya, but who wouldn't? Really? I like them all, you write them all so vivid. Even the bad guy... we love to hate him.

Can't wait to see the next chapter. And, personally? I'm glad I don't have to wait...
amyblair chapter 4 . 11/20/2008
Oh. My. God.

How freaking awesome is this?

Loved your "hands like the blades of a ceiling fan." CREEPY!

'a teenaged girl with long braids and a dozen friendship bracelets looped round her skinny wrists. All Dean could see was more wolfmeat.' Ironic and heartbreaking.

'Couldn’t do much more stealing, because he couldn’t afford to get caught.' You say it so perfectly.

But, really? Your descriptions are amazing. You smell it, you feel it, you see it. Each person, each character you give so much to them, no matter their level of importance.

I'm so glad I decided to read this! Abso-fucking-lutely.
amyblair chapter 3 . 11/19/2008
Okay, you're truly amazing me now.

love the descriptions of the logger guys

'New word of the day' - made me laugh as we know Dean has a 'word of the day' now

Like the girl's name is Ruby, although I think I like her more than our current Ruby.

'He had planted 956 trees.' Wow and then -

'Tommy had planted 3,541.' Aw, poor Sammy.

Really liked your description of the guy - 'he was between thirty and fifty'

You write incredible. Very sharp. Very quick. Very entertaining.

Really, really good.
amyblair chapter 2 . 11/19/2008
I went to the Chicago Con this past weekend with a friend of mine who ran into lots of people she knew. One of them gave her a CD she had burned and had made a point for her to check out a song on it, that it had been inspired by Big Pink's 'Red'. I thought how odd that was for someone to write a song about a fanfiction story so I thought I'd check it out.

Usually I wait until the end to comment on fics, but I had to stop here at Chapter Two. This is phenomenal. I read one bit and think, "This is my favorite part" and then I continue on and think, "No, this is". I so wonder where you are going with this. I love the back stories - the timelines, I'm intrigued at your characters both now and in the past. I love the creepiness you paint with the man in the restaurant, the life they are forced to currently lead. "Dean's room, Sam's room"...

Now I know why someone was so moved that they had to write a song. And, like I said, I've only completed Chapter Two...

On with the show.
Midnight Tennyo chapter 1 . 7/14/2008
Yay! Washington, -my- state! Of course, not on the right side of the mountains yet, but it's still Washington! (They should do an episode there-it'd be easy since it looks exactly like Vancouver, hee hee). Anyway, I promise to give a better review down the road, just thought you ought to know that you've made my day!
catchme21 chapter 10 . 7/8/2008
'Sam, Dean thought, oh, Sammy. You righteous motherfucker. You got him.'

The best line ever lol.

Fantabulous story! Even though you clearly named it 'Red', it took me a chapter or two to relate them.

Those Grimms' were some sick fucks, but you might have them beat lol.

Loved it! Gotta love it when Sam kicks serious ass, he doesn't do that enough in the fanfic world.

And your author notes are almost more entertaining then the story haha.
Vampyvii chapter 10 . 6/20/2008
This story had so many brilliant elements in it that I don't even know where to begin! First off, the Sam-Dean chemistry was right on target - the supernatural entity was as creepy, scary, and downright hateful that one could imagine - and I think Tonya is just about the only female character in SUPERNATURAL FanFic that I've ever absolutely loved! The directions taken in this story are sublime and absolutely brilliant!
girlfan1979 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Oh my gosh!

I was just reccing this story, and was wistfully thinking of re-reading. I can't believe I've never commented on it. The only excuse I can think of is that perhaps I read it before I had a ff dot net account; in any case, it is excellent, and I love it, and I hope to re-read it soon, and tell you all of my fav parts and the like.
mouse8 chapter 10 . 3/2/2008
Wow! I don't even know where to start! This was tremendous and to think it was all based on Little Red Riding Hood! I just loved the parallel time lines and Dean in each doing what he had to for his family. Your research was incredible, giving the story such a fantastic depth. I feel like I have just lived this story - wonderful all the way!
215 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »