Reviews for Red
Emma zooka chapter 9 . 6/2/2011
Wow. Ruby AND mention of Purgatory. I'm impressed. It's pretty epic how you wrote this THEN, and they've made a plot line out of those two later one. Cool!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 10 . 1/1/2011
That's amazing! )

I loved every second I spent reading that long story ) Your writing is great and the plot is fantastic! I really loved this!

See you around

Bartlebead chapter 10 . 12/12/2010
Sigh. That was damn good. Thanks.
Bartlebead chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
This is really good. Again.

I love what you do with the structures of your stories. Do you write as you go along, on all three timelines, or did you write them separately? Or was it an amalgamation of both? I talked with Audrey Niffenneggar once (she's from here) about The Time Traveler's Wife. She said she had originally had the time travel in sequential order for her (I think it was the wife's order), and their stories separate, but she didn't feel it working. When she shifted it all around, then it worked. So cool.
deangirl1 chapter 10 . 9/2/2010
Wow. I'm so late to the party - but I had to tell you what brilliant writing this is. How wonderfully you've captured the characters, your beautiful turns of phrase, and terrific story telling. I hope you are still getting these notifications...

I really wish TPTB weren't so afraid of fandom that they would actually pluck wonderful writing like this and commission you to do the next novel...
penless chapter 10 . 9/2/2010
This is one of the first fanfics I'd ever read, and then it sort of got lost in the shuffle before I came back to review/favorite it. I couldn't remember the title and I was so sad that I had lost track of it. Until today!

This story is incredible. I love it just as much today as I did when I first discovered it. Exceptionally unique, brilliantly written. This really is a work that stands apart.

Absolutely fantastic. No two ways about it. Thank you very much.
Haylia Jones chapter 10 . 8/14/2010
loved this whole fic. well written, great angst. It was just fantastic! I couldn't stop once I started! You have become one of my favorite fanfiction writers!
NongPradu chapter 7 . 7/5/2010
"Slumped disconsolately in the passenger side, window cracked open a little, drawing patterns on the glass that no one else could see, Sam was tending his own grievance as though it would grow flowers if he treated it right. A little black raincloud hovered over his head, ready to water the wrong until it blossomed in its own season."

This - right here - is why your writing is among the best.

Sorry, just rereading this (again) and loving it as much now as I did the first few times. *sighs contentedly*
frankette chapter 10 . 2/5/2010
I found this story through recommendation on lj. In fact, someone had tagged it 'Best Supernatural fanfiction'. So I went in with really high expectations, and to say this story lived up to the expectations would be an understatement, it exceeded all my expectations. Simply one word, AWESOME.

Everything was fabulous, the characters, the ambience, everything. I especially loved your descriptions. I could actually visualize the landscape, and that is coming from someone who hates reading long winded descriptions. You flawlessly and skillfully stringed the three time lines together without the transitions ever being jarring. The tension didn't let up until the end.

I loved Sam and Dean, and they were completely in character. Coming to your OCs. I think in any fanfiction, it's usually the OCs who are a little difficult to flesh out, considering you have no background to work with. But your OCs were beautifully etched out as characters, flawed yet human.

'Red' has raised the bar for fanfictions for me. Thanks a lot for such a fabulous read.
greendaypumpkin chapter 10 . 1/13/2010
Yay! You brought her back! Really nice ending. I really enjoyed that story, it was unusual and exciting. Good job.
Ingu chapter 10 . 12/31/2009
Oh wow. Just wow. That was an absolutely amazing ride. I can't believe I haven't found this earlier. Everything was amazingly perfect, your characterisation, the OCs, the monster, the story itself. Your writing is absolutely amazing. Thank you, THANK YOU SO MUCH for writing it, and for sharing with the rest of us.
Lisa Paris chapter 10 . 12/9/2009
Just have to extol the virtues of this wonderful piece of fiction. Got to say, it's the best Supernatural story I've ever read - a breathtaking and skillful example of pure,storytelling art.

I like that both boys are given fairly equal honours as they embark upon their wild ride through personal demons, supressed childhood memories, and the terrifying and enduring link between a hunter and his prey.

And, oh boy, the use of fairy tale . . .

It was dark - most gloriously and skin-crawlingly dark. Brothers Grimm and Anne Sexton's poem . . . all primeval twisted forests and blood and sex and pain. All the elements were perfectly in place, the predator, the huntsman, the vulnerable prey, and even the wise, old grannie.

I read this late the other night with the wind and rain lashing against the window panes, and in all honesty, it's the first SPN fic to make me feel actually, seriously afraid.

Dean is . . . well, Dean is heartbreaking in all three time-lines. He's too young, too old, too wise yet too naive, a beautiful, heroic martyr. His burdens and sheer loneliness made me hurt. I love the way you make us understand his motivations so well - he's determined to right wrongs and put an end to this evil he feels responsible for unleashing, even though he might be killed in the process.

Sam is great too, the exasperated protector, still grieving bitterly for Jessica and frustrated by his brother's emotional lock-down, before finally turning into a bright, avenging angel.

The ending came totally out of the blue, although (smile) perhaps I should have guessed it, bearing in mind the last few lines of Anne Sexton's poem. It was like receiving an unexpected present. Loved all the auxilliary characters, but every single one of the women was most excellent.

Lastly, wonderful, descriptive writing, I truly admire your style. I feel like I could ramble on all night - as you can guess - I absolutely adored it!
Harbour Master chapter 10 . 11/15/2009
I adore faery tales and folk tales, anything old world, rustic, mystical, a little off the map, a little eastern European when need be. I like being scared. I like being totally curious; I have a desperate need to know the 'hows' and 'whys' of everything, particularly the unknown and mysterious, the supernatural. This story fulfilled everything I haven't gotten from a good folk tale in a very long time, and for that I have to say, 'thank you'. This story was wonderful, wonder-full. It thoroughly removed me from my computer desk and put me in the cold damp woods, forest pressing in on every side, feral blue eyes a constant threat from the fog. The writing was superb; I read every word, never skipping idly or skimming as everyone is wont to do when not fully engaged. I was fully engaged. Your portrayal of the supernatural elements was so believable and enjoyable, your adoption and retelling of a classic faery tale was nostalgic and expert, your knowledge of the planting and felling processes was humbling, and your accounting of Sam and Dean and everything they were experiencing and feeling was really captivating. Also, the interweaving of the three story time-lines was flawless. Again, I thank you for giving me my favourite sort of gift: a good story.

You can be assured that I will be reading through your other fics now that I'm informed of your awesome presence on this site.

Harbour Master chapter 4 . 11/13/2009
yeah, I can always envision Dean as having had to do a bit of hustling in his past, to keep him and Sammy in funds. Very picturable.
Harbour Master chapter 3 . 11/13/2009
Again, this is all so good. I like the start and stop writing style, everything. Really, this is just super enjoyable, really easy to get into the flow and get into their heads and everything else.
249 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »