Reviews for The Mullah and the Princess
Jofrench22 chapter 8 . 11/6/2013
Please update because this is an interesting story! Bye!
Guardian Izz chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
Hi there

I just discovered your story as I was researching for my own fic and knew that in Kingdom of Heaven department there would be stories with similar setting. I am writing a story about the 1st Crusade and need some help with the Arabic translations. I saw you have that pretty much covered here and was wondering how you do it. Can you speak Arabic? Because if so I wanted to ask if you could help me with my own translations.

I hope you will not be cross with me if I borrow some of the expressions you've used. I will of course credit you as my inspirational writer, but I am about to post the new chapter and my readers won't be able to wait until you and I finish correspondence if you reply. So for now I will borrow some expressions, but if you are totally against it I iwll of course replace them.

And please let me know if you are up for some translational work and if you are willing to help me with some descriptions about the Muslim traditions back in the Middle Ages. I love your descriptions of mena nd the meeting, and since I have those included as well you truly inspired me and gave me ideas.

Let me know what you think

Izz
whiteKnight15 chapter 8 . 2/25/2010
Love it! Please add more soon! I cant wait to find out what happens next!
Alyssa chapter 8 . 2/25/2010
Love it! Please cont. the story!
soyala chapter 8 . 2/25/2010
these last two chapters were really good! you are a very good writer, please continue soon!
snccrockz chapter 7 . 2/23/2010
Hey! This was such a surprise, I was SO happy when I opened my email and saw that you updated the story! It's been such a while since I read it that I had to go back and quickly recap for myself.

I love the tension-filled attraction/interaction between Khaled and Zainab, and you write their individual perceptions of the other's actions really well. Khaled might be a devout religious scholar and think that he is immune to deep stirrings (other than obviously the most deep for God) that he sees in other people, but one look at his beautiful future wife and he is SUCH a man, lol.

Your information on Islam is pretty accurate, though obviously you have to cater to your audience and change things up when needed, but I still am very happy with your use of it. That was, I think, the first thing that struck me about your story, that you obviously either did your homework on your subject, or you already knew information about Islam. Doing your homework is always the mark of a great writer.

Good luck with your writing in the future, cause I don't know when this will be updated again, lol. But thanks so much for the great read.
Soyala chapter 6 . 8/30/2009
this is REALLY good!

please update soon!
Sachita chapter 6 . 5/13/2009
What a truly marvellous story! You have done a lot of research and it shows, it adds depth to the characters and to the plot. Zainab seems like a head-strong woman and the whole concept is very interesting. Now I know that it has been some time since you have last updated, but please, update this once again. I would be really happy! Please (? Hoping to read more soon,

Sachita

P.S.: Pretty please?
Reforged Sword of the Morning chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
You write well, and it certainly makes for an interesting story to have Salah ad-Din's daughter as a leading role in the story.

I think you've made the mullah seem a little more brutish than he is portrayed in the film. He's not a stupid man - he displayed knowledge of siege.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of Arabic, I might add.
Piscean Rubble chapter 6 . 2/4/2008
Your story is so enjoyable. I love the humour (especially Zainab falling in the fountain) and I like the tension between Zainab and Khaled. Your descriptions are very colourful. Well done! Can't wait for more!
The Unrepentant Ruffian chapter 6 . 8/31/2007
This Zainab is as compelling as The Rot's Zainab. You two are peas in a pod of audacity and clever writing. I have to admit that I do find this Khaled extremely physically attractive. Maybe I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life in a veil if he would unwrap me every evening. But my heart would still beat for Zainab's daddy. You and Noble Rot both seem to have this incredible insight into the Muslim world, like you've tapped into history itself and you spend your nights serving your masters and fathers your days writing about it. Wish I had an inch of your talent I really do. Sometimes I read the stuff other writers barf up on this site and I just want to poke my eyes out with a sharp stick. But stumbling upon crazy-good stories like this make it worth the grueling task of wading through everything else. Please please please keep writing, or I may have to sidle on over to your house and sit in your yard with a banner reading: JEDI KNIGHT PADME: GIVE THE WORLD ANOTHER CHAPTER OR YOUR HOUSE-CAT GETS SHAVED. You and the Rot should join forces and weave a web of Islamic adoration to totally take over this section of fanfiction. Balian is a dweeb. BRING ON THE MUSLIMS!

*"Why do you call yourself the Unrepentant Ruffian?"*"Because I am a ruffian. And I am unrepentant."*
The Noble Rot chapter 6 . 8/22/2007
BRAVO! BRAVO! *loud clapping and much carrying on*

I am absolutely astounded at how good this is! And ashamed that it took me so long to read! You are everything beautiful, sweet Zainab! Please, please, please continue to write! I simply HAVE to know what happens next! You are amazing, and this story is getting saved to my computer so that I may re-read it at any time irregardless of the strength of my wireless signal. You are that good.
snccrockz chapter 6 . 6/4/2007
Hello!

I just started reading your story, and I gotta say, I LOVE it!

I REALLY REALLY hope you update this story, because it has potential.

I especially like the fact that you have researched and put background knowledge about the culture and religion of the people, it shows, and it makes your story even better.

Many times writers ignorantly base stories on prejudiced views, and do not take the time to research or anything else to understand the context surrounding their characters, but YOU did your 'homework,' lol, and that is SO lovely to see.

Anyways, after reading this story, I just wanted to BEG you to update PLEASE! lol, I would love to see what happens next for your characters.
kenseikan weirdo chapter 6 . 2/5/2007
Hot damn...That was good. Short but sweet. Is this really just an arranged marriage or is it some mischievious matchmaking of Salahhuddin's design?

Nvm..You don't have to answer. This is so gonna be a great read...

WE WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER!

kenseikan weirdo
Kerichi chapter 6 . 2/5/2007
Typical guy...he can overlook the 'faults' if a girl's beautiful! LOL at him being speechless.