Reviews for The Artist
Bonnygirl10 chapter 1 . 4/8
Hehehehe wow that ending was so funny! I love your portrayal of Thranduil; he is stern but kind, and absolutely adoring of his little son. I love how you made Thranduil into a responsible father who puts his son above any other relationships! Your stories always have the right amount of seriousness in them, and of course adorableness, and I love reading them. Please keep it up!
Caladhriel chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
That last sentence... A BOMBSHELL! Most unexpected, I expected to see something dark and disturbing! lol! you are such a good writer!
AlexAndGreenDay chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Very funny :)
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
A great story. Very well written.
gginsc chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I wondered what the big deal was with the elleth! Very funny! Thranduil in female underwear!
Lady Elrayen chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
heehee! very funny and sweet :) x
The Dancing Cavalier chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
*LAUGHS HEAD OFF* POR THRANDUIL. Some how i could see him with an elleth, even after Legolas's naneth being...well gone. *LAUGHS HARDER* That was well written, as all your stories are. Your doing a great job, you could deffinetly one day become a brillant author. Keep up the talent!
eyes of sky chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Aha! A lovely cunning twist and a mischievious portrayal of a young Legolas.
reyrah chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
Hello there,

I just wanted to tell you that even though your story is rather cute. I just wanted to point out that Thranduil is a bit out of character. The way he interacts with his son is good but I just wanted to clear out a few points.

Have you read the hobbit? It gives some information on him and it's interesting.

I'm going to give you an excerpt from 'Unfinished Tales'

"there was in Thranduil's heart a still deeper shadow. He had seen the horror of Mordor and could not forget it. If ever he looked south its memory dimmed the light of the Sun... fear spoke in his heart that it was not conquered forever; it would rise again." Appendix B, The History of Galadriel and Celeborn, UT.

This extract all the reasons for his seeming ill-temper and reclusive and yet compassionate to those who have suffered great losses (the Lake-men). He is someone who seems Stern.

You also need to consider the Elves' view on sexuality, marriage and parenthood. In this story, it seems that Thranduil's wife is deceased or went to Aman, either way they do not have affairs or one-night stands.

"Monogamy is practised and adultery is unthinkable; they only marry once (Finwë, first High King of the Noldor, was an exception, as he remarried after his first wife died).

The Elves view the sexual act as extremely special and intimate, for it leads to the conception and birth of children. Extra-marital and premarital sex are unthinkable—indeed, the Elves would regard them as contradictions in terms. Because adultery is also unheard of and fidelity between spouses is absolute, spouses can sometimes live separately for extended periods of time without fear of infidelity."

Tranduil is also a King afterall, so his morality must come into question and it does no seem that he would behave this way.

For clothing...I don't think that we have underwears...or if they do, I don't think that they would be like the ones we wear.

Get some information about the different races of elves.
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
very nice and cute
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Though elves have one soul mate, this fic is very interesting. And funny.
daw the minstrel chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
This was cute. I love little kids' drawings. I always had to try to slyly get my son to tell me what the picture was about though. He drew people as round things too, all head and thin little filament legs.
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Dis Thrainsdotter chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I laugh and giggle while I read this, it is great. :D Thank you for sharing this with us.
Keji chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Oh My God!

This was just too funny for my own good lol, oh geez... I loved it, I totally loved it. It was sweet and funny, the way you described Legolas' drawings to draw laughs from me, and the ending just quite the unexpected ending.

I thought Thranduil destroyed the picture because of how Legolas had drawn him with a scowl, but NEVER in my wildest thoughts would I have actually suspected the REAL reason... well, you not mentioning it didn't really help, huh?

This is definitely going to my fav stories... I'm telling you, this was just hilarious.