Reviews for Sunshine State
Piper4Ever chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
AWESOME!
Nerdyesque chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Absolutely amazing. Just freakin' amazing.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
this was really something. Very nice.
Sandalaris chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
This was.. the whole Ben looking/acting like Dean thing was a nice twist that I only noticed as Sam realized it (although I did wonder what was going to happen to their nearly perfect relationship that would allow him and Jess to happen) and the background on the charactes was done perfectly.
PADavis chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Holy Smokes. I wanted to read Dean and Ben and tracked this story down to read first. I read the whole thing in one gulp. Gorgeous gorgeous writing and characterization. This was lyrical, intense, deftly handled, full of the kind of details that I love. I'm going to read Ben and Dean over on LJ, but maybe not til tomorrow night. I skipped a lot of work today.

Still absolutely blown away.

Phoebe
dress without sleeves chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I don't know what to say except that this is perfect.
Dean's evil little hunter chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Ok, I never read stories this long, I always look for short 1-2 chapter things so I picked this, but for some reason decided to give it a shot after I saw the length...and I'm definatly glad I did. This was...appalling (in a good way) is the only word I can think of right now, and that's only because my mind is still in shock. But wow.
Temporary Infatuation chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Oh. MY...

I dont usually like these kind of stories, but this was...Wow.

Painful to read in that heartwrenching way sometimes, not too graphic, blissful in parts. Is it weird that, despite the fact i know how things ended, I really wanted things to be okay between him and Ben? That saddened me a bunch. Didn't see it coming either.

Stunning!
Sushoo chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Wow.

This is definitely the best Supernatural story I've read in a long, long time.

I'm so glad that I accidentally found it!

Sam's and Ben's relationship was so believable and beautiful, I loved it.

I really hope you'll make a sequel about Sam and Ben, they really are a great couple (though Sam has some issues he needs to resolve first).

Anyway I pray you'll write another Sam/Ben story someday!

Greetings xx.
spnMom chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Wow, gripping story. I really appreciate the slash warning... I don't like to bump into it unless I expect it. At first I was a bit disturbed with how easily Sam moved into a relationship with Ben (I guess I didn't pick up on the interest until the kiss), but I liked the fact that they took it pretty slow at first. However when that got all wrapped up in his feelings for Dean... yikes, hints of wincest! I like the fact that Sam didn't like the fact that he easily moved into a relationship with Ben because Ben reminded him of Dean. I also really liked how uncomfortable Sam was with Jessica's family. He doesn't know how to interact with "normal"... that was sweet. I don't know why Irene was upset with him though... Irene seemed so happy for Sam when he was with Ben... is there a connection there I missed? I also loved the way you ended it; just a hint of the tragedy to come. Thanks!
Iarejedi chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Oh wow. I think i barely moved while I read this. I almost cried for Ben. I almost cried for Sam. It felt like a roller coaster of emotions. Or like a wave rising and falling. Even now I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. Because it was beautifully written. It was so deep and incredibly thoughtful. I don't know if I'll ever find a story that quite compares to this one in the ways of getting inside of Sam's mind. I'm impressed to say the least. Thank you so very much for the wonderful read. :D
savi2070 chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This is the fic i've been wanting to read. I have to go to bed, and wake up in three hours- that's how much i need to finish reading this.
amitai chapter 1 . 7/29/2007
This is so unbelievably beautiful! I loved the coherency you gave it, the sense of the passage of time, despite the fact that it was, in fact, a series of (wonderful, lovely!) snapshots of Sam's life at Stanford.

I loved him settling in, his uncertainty - and Ben crushing on him! And... I've never been a big fan of Jess, but you made me love her in this story. I mean, seriously. She was - lovely. Kind, sweet, generous... and so believable.

This story is FANTASTIC, and I'm so glad I read it. Thank you for writing it!

-ami x
Elaine du Lac chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Love the part with Ben. I wish you could make Ben show up make another one shot or short story about what Ben thought of Sam? Make Ben and Dean meet maybe? It's just... More Ben and Sam, please? Character interaction preferably, I'm not really much for the hot sex and stuff...
Answers chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
That was a brilliant story. Everything about it, the stucture, the pace, the feel of it. Every word fit so perfectly and every scene had a meaning. It was beautiful to read. Thank you.