Reviews for The Night Winter Ends
Tawny chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Nicely done. I kinda feel the need to cry...
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
The set up for this is just masterful with the implications about his future career, I thought is was very well done. You ease us into the story and what's going on with a main characters nicely and I like how you show the passage of time with how all of Fakia's/Fakir's clothes aren't fitting that well. The section where you talk about the fading roles of princess and warrior as opposed to duck and writer was really intriguing and thought proddingly portrayed. Personally I always thought Fakia as a writer had more power because that wasn't a role assigned to him and one that ultimately had more influence, but I adored how both of them have the enduring qualities of dancers. It could be pretty hard to portray a duck dancing without making it seem goofy. The anime managed to pull it off and you did as well. The transition from duck to human flowed wonderfully and seemed very believable for the type of story this is. I thought the ending to the series was great, but I don't mind in the least seeing Ahiru and Fakia decisively getting together as humans! Fakia was excellently in character with how he has this awareness and depth as a writer but still isn't fantastic at being eloquent when he's actually talking. I really enjoyed how things took a humorous turn at the end there, and made a lot of sense with Ahiru being able to speak again. That hint of smugness in how Fakia wraps up the tale was just lovely.
Aiatalay chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Been forever since I saw the series, but this fic fits. It blurs the line between story and reality in just the right way, like the series did.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Ahhhhhh, this is perfect and lovely. ;o; I very much adore it.
Tally Mark chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Oh, yes! This. This is exactly the ending I wanted for them-I thought, if she needs a piece of heart to be human, what better than Fakir's? This was beautifully done, just perfect. :)
GrnEydDvl chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
This was very beautiful and sweet. Very well done :)
Totally-Out-Of-It chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
Aww, that was so sweet. _ I just finished watching this series and this was written so beautifully. Thank you for making my day a little brighter. _
Clayr chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Beautiful. It's so rare to find Tutu fic, let alone GOOD post-series fic. Kudos.
Neptune47 chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
That was brilliant. What beautiful story telling (both by you and Fakir). Thank you so much for writing this. I'd like to think that something like this did happen beyond the credits.
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
I don't get it. Did she become human again, definitely, or not?

BEcuse that part of 'her head tucked under her wing' kind of confuses me.

If she Is human and they Did stay together, then...great! So happy! If not...so sad...I would rather prefer the other ending...
romancerox chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
wow, great description.. keep up the great work
Snickerer chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
...Gonna /kill/ the friend who thought it would be funny to give ma an addiction to another fandom.

But I'll spare some of the maiming, since it meant I get to read another of your pieces, early or not. *grins*

Know what you mean about the ending, too. It's /right/, but, well - heh. Really, we're all hoping for something like this somewhere beyond the credits. And it's pretty, and poignant, and more importantly /fits/ the feel of the story. Including the more adorable than it should by any rights be able to manage.

Plus I couldn't stop laughing at the crack about the hair :)
Azamiko chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
*sniff* Even though the true ending is so lovely, we all still want them to be happy.
Lady Mirror chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
I'm so glad you gave them a happy ending.
Archangel Rhapsody chapter 1 . 10/31/2006