Reviews for Zero 2: Crisis on Infinite Digiworlds
Jonque chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
It seems it's finally time for me to review the 02 series, since I've been putting it off since the end of Comeback Tour. I bit the bullet and read through them a couple of months ago, having decided that it was worth putting up with Stu Kamiya for a story this long by someone affiliated with the Legends team. Ok, so Shaun has more than a few Stuish characteristics and tendancies, but those are overshadowed by how good a character he really makes. He grew on me after a few chapters. Let me put it this way: at the end of 02, I almost cried because Shaun died. I NEVER do that with a story or movie. Ever. For that, I hate you. Character development for the original digidestined was above and beyond what I was expecting, especially after you stopped using canon episodes and plotlines. There were times though when I wanted to strangle you. I believe my reaction to the Halo inspired areas and digimon was something along the lines of "WTF? Halo in a Digimon story? Is he nucking futs? *..keeps reading* Hey, this is kind of good..." Yeah, it's a wtf moment at first, but I actually liked it after a while. I'd have to say the Darkheart ark was one of if not the best. Long chapters, unftastic battles, lots of violence and character 'death'. If there was one part I would do away with, it would be the Terminator units and Alieonmon... the creepy evil underwater base was a great idea that reminded me a bit of LM's Boogymen, but those two things just made it so surreal. Yes, it's fanfiction based on a poorly dubbed and Americanized anime that can be summarized like "kids meet monsters, monsters fight other monsters, monsters power up, other monsters go boom, wash rinse repeat" but still... enh. The rest of the story makes up for it. I was actually kind of half-way expecting you to use a Sharingan type skill for Shurimon in BotS, but the last scene there at the end of the battle was still awesome. Absolutely loved Housemates, but I'm still on a love/hate relationship with the fact that you not only killed Shaun, but also killed Davis' parents and CODY'S GRANDPA ffs. ...Even if they do make for better character development in the end, which is a good thing really. Ok, enough of that. My verdict/score for Revision: 9.8/10. It's well written, has great character development, the length and detail are out of this world, and the battles are more involved than simply going "ok, megadigivolve, use your best attack/combo attacks, battle over." But you killed Shaun and semi-minor canon characters. Yes he needed to die, he deserved to die (not in a bad way, in a "ok, he's done his job and can finally rest now" way), but I LIKED Shaun. The only work is needs is a spelling, grammar, and sentence structure check for the first half or so. The errors aren't bad and can be read around without much difficulty, but they're still annoying. The score for Housemates: 9/10. Most of the same can be said about Housemates as was said about Revision. It's good overall, primarily character development moreso than plot advancement, but it seemed to be lacking something that Revision had. I can't put my finger on what it was missing though, sorry. Teh funneh was good though. BotS gets an 8/10, simply because it was a two shot. Good, well written, but skippable. Comeback Tour: 9.5/10. My only qualm with this one is involving Tamers. Didn't you say at the end of one of the other stories that you wouldn't? That's only why I bring it up. If you do involve Tamers, I'm sure it'll be awesome in the end. It's too early to pass judgement on Crisis, but so far... it rocks. I won't make any guesses as to this Shaun's origins, since I know how much that pisses authors off when their plot gets revealed in the reviews, but I kind of have a good hunch. What I really want to see right now in the Zero 2 line is Shaun's past journeys. I want to know the contents of his journals/autobiographies from the bunker, and I want the digidestined to know. If you can find time between the stories you have going now, I'd love to see you take on Avatar: The Last Airbender and put your own spin on that. I've yet to find anything worth reading in the Avatar section, and I'm afraid to look when I get desperate. So, to close this mass review out... keep going like you've been going. You're doing fine. Oh and sorry if this review seems kind of disjointed. I typed it in sections between showings of Avatar.
OldSchool101 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
'Comes out swinging?' 'Scores a frickin' first-round knockout' is more like it!

Alright, so obviously the big story of chapter one is the reappearance of Shaun~! (W00T!) The only problem is we don't know for sure _which_ Shaun it is. Past Shaun? Future Shaun? Alternate-Dimension Shaun? Present supposed-to-be-dead Shaun? Considering what we know - a) he seems surprised, though not very excited, to see the Digidestined, b) he's apparently met the Digidestined before, c) his attitude suggests that he's sad about something - one can assume that this is the dead Shaun, who for some reason (like maybe the fact that he died years before he was even BORN) cannot move on to the afterlife, and consequently is stuck in the Nexus. Yeah. Something like that. Anyway, since we can't know for sure what the deal is until you update...

Ficmaster chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Another great start to another great story. Hope to see more soon.
SamuraiSirius chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
E! Yay for the new story! Wow I was NOT expecting that ending at ALL, great job...and it's good to see Shaun again...I really missed him...I can't wait to hear how this happened.

I also wonder who else you're gonna bring in since this is a major crossover! _ I'm so excited!
Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
DUDE! It's Shaun! This is gonna be very, very interesting. and, most likely, quite funny as well.
Digi fan chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
What a great first chapter, I guess seeing someone who is sappose to be dead can be a real shock.
Blafor chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Heh the Digimon Sherrif *snickers*

Ohh Shaun's back yay! I wonder is this Future Shaun, Time Traveler Shaun, or a different dimension Shaun.

This story already has me wanting to know more. I swear you put a cliffhanger at the cruelist place possible. I want to know what happens already. Oh well I'll just have to wait, I guess. Anyways good job with this so far.
Arcadia Sterling chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Hmm, no one seems to know what to make of Shaun...

Judging from his reaction, I'm willing to say it's the Shaun they knew. Of course, we are dealing with alternate universes here so things tend to get a bit screwy. On the other hand, if it is the Shaun they knew, give a good explanation on how he is inexplicably alive.

Keep the good stuff coming!
Vyse23 chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
WOW. I am quite quite surprised that you decided to bring Shaun back (I assume you'll explain?). This fic is certainly going to be interesting. Later.
The Sushi Monster chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
so I didn't leave a review on any of your other stories from this series, but I thought I'd turn a new leaf...

awesome series, and though I am a Takari fan, this is too good a story to miss...

and now forgive me for my outburst...

...I'm done now...
Erik-Johnson chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I love you man. I seriously do. You already started side stories and Crisis with a week! Your amazing.

I feel all tingly inside now that Shaun is here. Heh, when Kari screamed, I assumed it was a different Davis at first. But before I could scroll down and see who it was for real, the thought that it would be Shaun popped into my head. Oh man. I can't wait to see what happens next.

The "Cowboy" universe that Davis and Veemon are in remind me of the "Cowboy Universe" in Futurama.

The Digimon Sheriff made me laugh so hard. Especially the "Do you feel lucky?" You are just genius.

I cannot wait to see what happens.
Bluesv20 chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
...shaun...(dies from shock)
Yamimaru chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
WHAT THE HELL! WHAT'S SHAUN DOING THERE! AND WHAT'S HE DOING BEING ALIVE! HE SHOULD BE DEAD! Unless...UGH! IT'S SO OBVIOUS! That's an alternate version of Shaun. (Proceeds to laugh at "Digimon Sheriff,")
Alforce Zero chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Wow. That was quick; I think I've just read the finale of Comeback Tour a couple of days ago. Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, this looks like it's going to be an interesting read. I love the ending of this chapter; really unexpected. From the way he addresses the Digidestined I could only think of him as the same one in Revision.
Anthony1 chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
A very interesting way to start off this story new story. I have no idea what you have planned here but I have no doubt that this story will be a great one and the surprise at the end was something that I didn't expect. I mean, Shaun unexpectly returning was one of those 'what the hell' moments. Please try to update again soon so I can see what develops next. Until then, see ya.
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »