Reviews for Zero 2: Crisis on Infinite Digiworlds
Grey Fanatic chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
I can't get into this story. I'm sorry for coming blunt, but that's the only way to phrase such a critique.

These Universes you illustrate never effect the story, mostly, and seems like a double paned window: Insulating humor at cost to the stories progression. Its boring. You, the writer, flexes his muscles and admonishes about how many thing you know and can ultimately craft into a snippet of writing.

I could understand far better if something could be gleaned from each Universe Davis encounters.

You might want to work on desrcribing your characters more concretely. Sure you give us a discription of looks, but talking about clothes, eyes, and bodily extends so far. Use your other senses: Smell, Touch, Taste, and Hearing.

But don't be fooled that it isn't still a good story. It is I assure you, however, I'm not impressed.
djb21212-Steeldramon21 chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Another interesting chapter. David may get back to the others in the next chapter but hope his sanity is in one piece before then. Glad to see that you used my idea of Davis visiting the canon universe of Season 2 (or on your scale Universe (2)(0)). Here's hoping for another new chapter soon!
Crimson G chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Wow, Diety Davis... I want him to fight DarkHeart and Psycho Hikari, but too bad that he turned himself in to a... wait he can still fight them. He just has to manifest himself.

Rest of the chapter was cool, including 42 thing. I always found that amusing that world would cease to be when you divide by zero.

Later.
ficmaster chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
The part where Davis met the original 02 was great. This whole chapter was great in fact. Can't wait for the next one!
Anthony1 chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Interesting. That's the best way to express how I feel after reading this long chapter. The whole discussion between Davis and the deity Daisuke was very unexpected but a nice part when you go through with it. As for the part about how the second season of digimon ended, it was another unexpected part of this chapter but good none the less. Now that you think about it the ending for that season was more nicer when I was younger.

Anyways, until next time, see ya and keep up the good work that you've been doing for so long.
The Two-One-Five chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Oh man, i couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole thing, especially the parts where Veemon talked. Bohemian Rhapsody*coughs* secondgreatestsongintheworld *coughs*. i must say, i haven't enjoyed reading a story like this, not even since revision. I especially liked universe(4)(2), the whole dividing by zero makes the meaning of life undefined.

but overall, my favorite one so far has been universe(1)(2), the whole deity Davis just seems so OOC for him. but what i liked most about it was how his curiosity, along with his infinite amount of power, got the better of him. Thinking about it, you created a god and it would be interesting to hear a story about how Davis, of all people, would become a living, breathing(wait, he doesn't do that anymore) god. Though his appearance was short, he has become one of my favorite characters. you had fun writing him and i enjoyed reading all about him.

Why couldn't Antimon have destroyed universe(2)(0)? that would have been enough for me to consider that version of 02 officially non-canon. oh well, at least you destroyed universe(0)(-1) *laughs at what I remembered from forum*, though i recall you putting that you would never do this but then again, that was a great way to destroy that "magnificent work of art" that lead you to start this project.

Oh and taichi from universe(v)(1) has met the daisuke from universe(2)(0), they fought parallelmon together, a digimon who could also travel worlds.

*bows down* all hail Dietz, the SUPREME OVERLORD of awesomeness

keep up the good work XD
Nagi Eden chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
so is even the god like Daisuke is killed(the one in the universe (1)(2)
Nolaquen265 chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Ah...your updates are like glasses of chilled water in an endless desert. If that's too stiff sounding, then let me rephrase: WOOT!

Starting from the beginning: the two guitarists. A great example of creating meaningful dialogue between two characters who have just met. Excellent.

Facefaults ahoy! You've gotta love Veemon, na?

And sending Davis into the canon 02 universe (or rather, (2)(0)); almost inspired, but I can see how easily that would have come to mind. What better opportunity to point out the failings of the finale, and give Davis more insight into his own life at the same time? Heh; MaloMyotismon is such a wimpy push-over.

Good old Darkheart...I wonder what the experience of a supernova explosion is like? I'm guessing our favorite villain will be able to tell us next time...heh. And your interpretation of the Digital Hazard is great. Not only its function (which makes sense, when you think about it), but its form...as the Gravemon? Cool. :D

...I don't think I even need to comment on (M)(B). XD

Division by zero...ah, Plasmasphere would SO appreciate this scene. I might have to copy/paste and e-mail this section to him. He doesn't have time to read all of Zero Two at the moment, but I don't think he'd need to, to enjoy this part. Heh heh...

And it seems that Antimon has something of a personality...I like it. :)

Fun to see the New Digi-Episodes...and you destroy it. lol

I love how you're writing Eric, Velocimon, Ren, and Dorumon. It's fantastic seeing them in Crisis. Your interpretation of them is nearly spot-on, and I love their speech (particularly Eric and Velocimon's). Too bad for them, though; their universe is gone. Now I'll have to do something nice to them in my next disclaimer to make up for it. :P

And I appreciate the (N)(5) designation. Heh heh.

Having Galactic X and the conversation on black hole masses was fun. More good stuff that Plasmasphere would enjoy. And, of course, there's Dietz, our favorite non-DigiDestined human. Flame decals...I ask you... :D

But the climax of this chapter...'Deity Davis'. Wow. The whole technical explanation for his incredible power is great and all, but the part that really shines through is, of course, how the power has affected him. The psychology you present is sound, and the driving force of curiosity is easily understandable in his position. The lengths he goes to satisfy those urgings is astounding, but with that kind of power...what else are you going to do? A perfect example of why humans do not handle power very well. Take it too far (and by that I mean, 'granting the power to travel the universe and mess with entire civilizations across said universe'), and it does seem to take away one's humanity: literally, in this Davis' case. Incredible writing, to be able to represent such a complicated issue in prose that catches you up and makes you understand it so well...and yet, leaving the mystery of that kind of situation intact.

And now on the really broad comments. TWO ENDINGS? Sweetness. :D

And your 'SUPER EXPERIMENTALLY EXTREME ABITIOUS' project? I'm quivering in anticipation. Ah, the wonders of human creativity...you gotta love it. Probably one of God's greatest gifts, na?

Till next time!
Yamimaru chapter 8 . 11/2/2007
Ah, V-Tamer one of the greatest Digimon will Davis react to the story of Taichi the V-Tamer and his companions?(Looks up My Balls on Wikipedia, then starts laughing.) Oh gods, I think I may know which spell was used to the seal Queen of Terror in Kohta's balls, though I never imagined it being used like that!
duskmon87 chapter 7 . 10/14/2007
Wow...now that was an emotional chapter; after this, Davis' emotions have to be strained, considering all he's been through before. The look ahead to other stories was kinda cool, if sad at times. Now we come to Antimon, not that I think anything was going to happen right there anyway (although a quick one on one demo between Davis and Anti would've been intriguing). As for the Halo 3 delay...that's definately understandable (wish the game was longer). Great job on this fic. Terrific job on the emotions. Keep it up and update soon!
Sora Potter chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
:ker-thud:

Time for me to find a nice corner to cry into...

OMFG! I :heart: Dai in this chapter. He had to actually stop and look at the reasons he has to fight.

And Antimon is one freaky guy.
Erik-Johnson chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
Wow. Its great to see you updating this again.

It was a very interesting chapter. I especially liked Davis and Daisuke's talk. It led to some very interesting things, like Will Davis lose control and become Darkheart? And then the looks into what I'm assuming is your future fics, Digital Deception and Shadows of the Light.

I think the greatest point of this chapter is after Davis and Daisuke's talk. Davis' resolve to fight just put me in a great mood, and reminded me why Davis is my favorite Digidestined. I can just see Davis standing there, giving that Devil May Care grin. And, after that, Daisuke not being able to fight just kicked my good mood out from under me. It made me feel sympathy for Daisuke and Sora of that world, knowing that after all they went through, that they were going to die. I felt just as frustrated as Davis going to the next dimension as he thought about Daisuke, and saw Antimon.

It truly is a sign of a great author to make people feel so many different things in the space of a few paragraphs. Thanks for everything Ultra Sonic.
Yami Vizzini chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
I checked my E-mail this morning, saw the words "[FF New Chapter] Chapter 7 of story, Zero 2, Crisis on Infinite Digiworld..." and started prancing around and shouting "Yes!" to myself (i.e. whispering)! It's back...

It's hard to believe you originally wanted this chapter to be in with the last one, considering how much was in each of them. What to say?...

It's gratifying that you're trying so hard to fit in as many fan characters as possible.

If Darkheart somehow manages to free Megidramon (as impossible as that seems), everyone except Arbitermon is pretty much screwed.

Interesting differences and similarities between the Daiora universe and ours (the Emperor's airship?:)). Tai and Kari dying does seem to be the only reasonable (if one may apply a word like that) way for Davis and Sora to get together, and then only if they're comforting each other as you had them ("by default" would be stretching it). The foreshadowing of your later stories was unexpected as well, but then, the next Dragomon battle isn't going to be as far in the future as it was here, according to your summaries. Oh, and Bishop is a freaking general? And Cody and Jeri?

I finally bought the original Crisis (in fact it's on a shelf not 10 feet away from me now). The alternate Motomiyas' last moments are reminiscent of the end of the Earth-3 Luthors- except the kid doesn't get to escape (sniff).

And finally- Antimon!

Okay, so Davis has gone through all these worlds, seen ultimate darkness and light, and gotten an emotional (if cheesy) epiphany from his older self- and seen Anitmon. His personal journey, I think, has reached its climax, and I'm guessing next issue finally gets him to Arbitermon's satellite. Then, maybe a chapter or two of filler (perhaps to introduce most or all of the remaining fan characters), and the real battle can begin! Of course, if Antimon is as powerful a mofo as his DC counterpart, there'll still be a long way to go (they had to destroy him SIX * TIMES!).
EmD23 chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
This chapter was amazing. Lots of foreshadowing. It was just pretty amazing. Now I'm gonna go read side stories.
Kitsuru chapter 7 . 10/12/2007
MIMI's dense? Darkheart's the one who's probably going to do something unimaginably stupid, knowing him!

Jeri? As in, Jeri Katou? Not to mention all of the other things that Daisuke told Davis... that world was pretty bittersweet, but in a good way.

Speaking of Daisuke, that part with him was one of my favorites for this chapter. It's about time that Davis actually got to talk with another version of himself... and past time that we got a good look at Antimon. Who, by the way, looks awesome :)
210 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »