Reviews for What She Doesn't See
Gina Jade chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Hahaha I love this! Your writing style is amazing!
Nike chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
A very entertaining read, although I'd like to point out that Ba Sing Sei isn't communist. It's a puppet monarchy being led by a guy with rather disturbing ideas of what a utopia should be.
Tempest in Blue chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
Communist? Why on earth did you/Katara say Ba Sing Se was communist? First of all, it can't be communist because the Avatar world only has 4 nations, at least 3 of which, as far as we know, are and have probaly always been monarchical and/or feudal; thus, communism would never have been invented there. And second, and more importantly, I dont know exactly how I would classify Ba Sing Se, but seeing as how communism is a socioeconomic/political system that, in theory at least, seeks/sought to establish a future classless, stateless social organization, based upon common ownership of the means of production, I would say that Ba Sing Se is anything but communist (seeing as how they have those big walls to seperate the classes and keep the order and whatnot). Seriously creepy and messed up, yeah, but not communist.

In general though I liked it, and I did find it very funny, though I must admit I'm not sure how I feel about the ending...I dunno. I guess I just like Zuko too much to enjoy seeing him get punched in the face. Ah well, that's just me, and I cant say I blame Sokka for doing it.

One thing I really did like though, was Toph's perspective on the argument. It seems that so many Zutara fics are just littered with these kinds of arguments, and I cant tell you how glad I was that someone else realized how lame they were. And speaking of Toph, yeah, I can immagine that writing all the visual stuff from her POV would be really difficult, but I think you did a good job of it.
seineke-pyera chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
It was funny 'seeing' from a blind girl's perspective. Heck, I really laughed when reading it
janedoe401 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Bravo! Bravo! *Gives a standing ovation*
bluetarako chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
OMG This was very good. I hope you update soon! I'd like to hear the other POV's.

Jenn
living on chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
I loved it. I laughed so much!
SilverBlood chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
You have to continue! Please. This story is awesome. I loved your description and the characterization. Their reaction was great. Please, please, please continue.
Rashaka chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
Nicely done! You handled Toph's POV very well. The only trip-up I can see is to wonder why Toph would associate importance with facial expressions at all. Obviously she's aware people make facial expressions, but I can't imagine her wishing more than anything to see a funny facial expression, because she probably doesn't quantify humor that way. She might have learned that others find facial expressions funny, but she probably doesn't care about them either way.

I loved the comment that she "accidentally" stepped on Zuko on the way out. And this line:

"and realized that Twinkle Toes, the harbinger of peace and justice and the symbol of hope for an entire crumbling world (not to mention the first one to tout Zuko’s potential “inner-goodness”), had just punched the Prince of the Fire Nation in the face."

Katara and Zuko's contest of lame insults was also funny.

“Yeah, well…you have…stupid hair!” Do I detect a BTVS reference?
Lady.Meister chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
M...

I would SO love to see that happen in the show...

*heehee*
ladymer chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
This was cute on so many levels. Ah, so flawless. I loved it.
thepennameboo chapter 1 . 9/26/2006