Reviews for That Sinking Feeling
Lilith-kv chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
pretty sad but I can understand how Tony feels now that Gibbs is back.
Sequitur chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Oh, that is just wonderful. All that bitterness and all of the *good points* that Tony makes about how he gets treated, and how all of this affects him. I particularly liked the part about McGee's smile, Tony throwing the money on the floor, and-best of all-the last line.
Tweeter chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Excellent. Something I would have written if I could have shaken the rage I was feeling on Tony's behalf. Thank you for writing this!
Hromiko chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Awesome! I don't think you made Tony too angry. In the first ep I almost thought he was too touchy about Gibbs being there, but your depiction of him here seems more reasonable than that. Sadly I managed to miss Under Covers both times it was on so I don't know how angry he was at the end of that. Man, I need to find out how to get a copy of that some how... Anyway, poor Tony. :( Even if he gets his own team it's not the same, especially if it means seeing less of him on the show, that'd be a real problem. I really want to see an actual confrontation between them now.

I enjoyed your idea of Tony's thoughts, he seems to have lost some respect for Gibbs and while I expect the show will forget about that in no time (this 2nd ep he was back to calling him boss and being pushed aside without fighting), I think he'd be within his rights to be a little harsh. The no head slapping at the end was just so touching, a real sign in the change in their relationship. I hope they make Gibbs earn people's respect again, and they seem to be showing it maybe a little from Tony and the Director and definitely from Ducky. I hope Ducky doesn't just think everything's good just because Gibbs is back, I hope he gives Gibbs a good talking to about Tony... :) It'd be great to see some conflict between Gibbs and Tony on a case or something. E, I think from what I've seen in previews that people are going to side with Gibbs over Tony, kind of like you depict talking about McGee smiling about it, the idea that Tony was just a temporary boss and with the real boss back everything will be back to normal. Haha, them not liking the campfires and trying to avoid certain words to keep away the movie references... Yeah, I really need to get some friends to chat about NCIS with instead of taking up all this space in your reviews...

So back to the story, I loved the bit about Gibbs being a father figure and turning out just like his actual father, very nice. Ah, Tony's disappointment should defintely actually be addressed...

Well now I get to be just a little more miserable as I wait for next weeks episode. Thanks a lot. ;) Keep on writing!
bethellie chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
OH MY GOD. LOL Celestial...you've got me in that...shaking with restrained emotional state. Honestly...I know we Australians are way behind but...wow. This was awesome. I can still imagine the circumstance and how this would play out.

“Yeah?” Tony snapped. “And what would you have done differently?” Gibbs was silent, because they both knew the accusation was unfair. “You know, your perfect Kate screwed up all the time. She trusted people she shouldn’t, she lost her gun for Pete’s sake. And you never stopped trusting her. You never would have done this to her.”

That...well, it's amazing how many times I think that, how unfair Tony must have felt some of the treatment Kate got was, even if feeling it was unfair was unreasonable.

You are so good at writing Tony and Gibbs, and Tony and Gibbs in situations together. And yeah, you wrote Tony angry, but it was believable. Under covers is indeed a good example of that.
Tony Fan chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
LOVE this. Tony really did get screwed over, the poor darling.
NotARedhead chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
If you hadn't written this, I would have. Took the words right out of my head, from the "Captain Kangaroo" reference to the "You don't get to do that any more" comment. Brilliant!
Jo chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
*glomp!* This is an amazing little fic! I love Tony and I love his righteous indignation here! Please, oh please, write more!
Jackette chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Oh I certainly hope we're going to get more of this story soon! You hit on what I was feeling last night when he showed back up.
Nightwing Gurl chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
...that was .. cool, well done, and i loved the ending of it lol. i enjoyed reading it_

NWG
isis-sg1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
i always knew that when Tony wouldn't let Gibbs slap him was when he'd grown up enough to run his own team - i also thought it was crappy of Gibbs to take the team from Tony like that. Good job - more please ? I like angry emotional Tony :)
RachelGlasser chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
oh, feel the anger! I loved it, and I know what you mean with Under Covers! Keep writing, the vibe is awesome :)
Smackalicious chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Damn. Yeah, that scene came up and I don't know, I was so out of it. I'm that way when I watch new episodes. It takes things awhile to set in. I don't know how happy I am with this season so far. I thought I was really going to like it, but that's when I thought Tony was going to be the boss. Anyway, the fic awesome. I am favoriting. And did you see the preview? I am worried for my Tony. :(
crittle87 chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
thank you...love the way to wrote tony...i thought they need to have him more like that in the show...glad someone did something about it...you should keep going...
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6