Reviews for Hok’taur
wildmageofgalla chapter 5 . 9/29/2012
You know how, sometimes, just a bit of a story gets stuck in your head? A scene, or a dialogue clip, or something? Well, it does to me anyway. And that story bit isn't helpful tied to something useful, like a story name or an author name or...anything remotely useful whatsoever.

So, that bit, in your story, about poor, poor Ninth Doctor bemoaning Rose turning him down and asking /Sam Carter/ of all people about it and her responding about it being "because she was blond"...yeah, that got permanently etched into my brain. Hopelessly. I have literally spent years searching for these connections (admittedly, nothing will ever quite match up to the time when I finally, FINALLY tracked down the quote "When I finally asked myself, what was the point?" to the Star Trek:ENT episode "Stratagem" literally half a decade after I stopped watching the show) and I have spent who knows how many hours over easily the last two years trolling through various renditions of Stargate/DW crossovers. And my, there are a lot. And you know why I did that? Well, partially to deal with the burning question of "WHAT IS IT?", but also because, though I didn't remember anything useful in the way of locating this story again, I did remember it was good. Amazingly good.

And guess what? My memory did not disappoint.

So, I thought I would tell you. I read this story eons ago, and not only did it leave a memory, but it etched itself onto the landscape of my mind with enough conviction to send me searching for it for a long, long time. Thank you for writing such a brilliant piece.

Also, if you do like Doctor Who/SG crossovers, you simply MUST read the following: "The Asgard Don't Wear Pants" by SentientCitizen, with plenty of Jack O'Neill hilarity, and "Charming the Pants off the Pashahads" by donutsweeper, which is, admittedly, an SGA/TW crossover, but meh *shrugs* spinnoffs. I promise you'll love them.
Arekanderu chapter 5 . 9/18/2012
I loved it. Short but so so good. Amazing!
Lindenharp chapter 5 . 12/13/2011
I love this crossover - all of the characters from both shows are very much in character, and their voices are just right.
Music Marauder chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
brilliant little crossover! I always enjoy DW/SG1. Thanks for posting. :)
Whirlwind421 chapter 5 . 1/8/2009
Yay! I loved it! Awesome crossover!
Black blade chapter 5 . 12/2/2008
Hey, Brilliant story! Always thought Jack and the Doctor would make a great team. ;)
Moondapple chapter 5 . 8/23/2008
really good story!
Isis the Sphinx chapter 5 . 7/13/2008
This was really, really good. Much liked. Nine is almost never used. Keep writing!
ciarby chapter 5 . 2/14/2008
absolutely fantastic
Fic Druggy chapter 5 . 1/19/2008
kewl. i like it.
Spoofmaster chapter 5 . 11/3/2007
Ghee! Very nicely done and in-character, complete with rambling!Nine whose mind is just not on task (thinking mostly of chapter 4, when he was going on in a snit about Rose instead of escaping). I like that this actually provided his thought processes in coming back for her, since I do subscribe to the theory that all those photos she saw of him throughout history took place between the first and second times he asked her, but there wasn't really any indication in the series of what induced him to come back and give it a second try.

And I'm really glad it's in the DW category instead of SG1 or crossovers, since that means I can add it to my C2, the Tin Dog.
Moreta Lynx chapter 5 . 3/26/2007
Have you any Idea how many times I've read, re-read, and re-re-read this story?

I'd really 'flipping rock to see a sequel to this story, and considering that SGC dose 'kinda have a time traveling ship (that only Jack can drive)you could have SOO MUCH FUN with the timeline.

Jack and the Doctor would get along quite well.

P.S. Jack of the flying Bullets? I wish I'd thought of it...then I could use it. *sigh* Suites him well.
illman chapter 5 . 12/7/2006
Overall, I liked this story. The logic was lacking in some places, but you kept a nicely paced plot and good dialogues.
illman chapter 3 . 12/7/2006
I like the premise of the cross-over, but the execution is a bit muddled, IMHO. I'm not too clear on how the Doctor or SG-1 got to the planet and the lab in the first place. Everything seems to happen rather randomly. I like the dialogue though.
mystica88 chapter 5 . 12/1/2006
That was so awesome. I love crossovers and I think you did a great job with this one. The cahracters were very good and I love how you filled in that ten seconds that The Doctor disappeared in the first episode. Great Job!