Reviews for Yours to command
Pavy chapter 5 . 10/21/2006
A great story. Eomer and Lothiriel aren't falling all over each other after having just met, but you can clearly see the beginnings of a potential relationship. And Gallant Galador is a very cute touch.

What I also like about this is that Lothiriel isn't completely helpless although being blind, and at the same time has apparent vulnerabilities. I like that she falters sometimes at defending herself, and yet at other times can do it well. She's unique despite the plethora of interpretations of Lothiriel.
Taima1 chapter 5 . 10/20/2006
I absolutely LOVE what you have done! How romantic to change things up this way! I am so excited to read on! PLEASE POST SOON! (no peg legs...)
Verity Kindle chapter 5 . 10/20/2006
Awesome! I love the way you describe things! And now, the villain appears! YAY
Willow-41z chapter 5 . 10/20/2006
I think this is my favorite Lothiriel so far. She's so compassionate and opinionated and knows how to make a difference in the world.

What I really liked about this chapter was that it read like a movie, especially the timing of the words before Eomer's decision. The pause and then the surprise was very well-done. The ending with Lothiriel making Eomer promise was also well-done. And it made me smile, which I much appreciated.
lady scribe of avandell chapter 3 . 10/17/2006
You copy-cat! I've got a long-sitting blurb-story about Lothiriel being blind. It never came to fruition, though, because other things got in the way, so I suppose I can forgive you for stealing my idea, lol.

This story is excellent, of course. I love how outspoken Lothiriel is - and I love that she can totally throw Eomer off balance just by changing the subject. Lovely work, m'dear.
Traceria chapter 4 . 10/16/2006
I've only read the first three words, but I had to start the review already because simply thinking about your story, the set-up of it all, intrigues me...all over again. Oh, and it made me remember reading this book: Dragon's Kin [w . annemccaffrey books/series/pern/dragons-kin . html].

Now that I've read:

Oh, I'm practically in tears of frustration for Lothiriel! The poor girl!

But I am very curious as to what Alphros is so excited to show her!
A Vermilion Memory chapter 4 . 10/15/2006
Aw.

I almost cried when she spilled her wine.

She was trying so hard...

-Vermilion
Verity Kindle chapter 3 . 10/15/2006
Heh. That was very cleverly done- I didn't figure out what was going on for two whole chapters! Sharp, subtle writing.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
“I’m afraid all the Gondorian ladies are expert at that,” he said apologetically and Éowyn looked thoroughly disgusted. Her embroidery samplers were legendary."

ROFL! I love this!
Elwen of Lorien chapter 4 . 10/14/2006
I think Annarima is a little too uptight for me, and what makes this so funny is that is how just about everyone was back then; well, I think. Elwen.
eyes of sky chapter 4 . 10/14/2006
Ooh that Annarima! The comment about Eomer's sleeve was either malicious, thoughtless or both. It's heartening to read about the ways in which Lothiriel has adapted to her blindness, she obviously values her independence. Her father obviously still views her as a little girl though, if she goes away anywhere or tries anything new (ooh.. like marriage for example?) he will clearly worry she is not capable. The accident must have been not too early in life as she has a full memory of colours and objects, at least she can draw on her imaginings to conjure scenes up.
losing-grip16 chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Hmm... an accident, I wonder what happened. Another splendid chapter!
wondereye chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
what an insightful meal how she manages to be as smooth

as possible.
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Fantastic chapter! I really like how you are depicting Lothiriel.
Willow-41z chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
The description of Eomer's voice at the beginning is nice. Amrothos's attempt to make her feel better about the shirt was sweet, and I would like to know what exactly did happen to his clothes in Cormallen!

Nice ominousity at the end. ;-)
1,038 | « Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 .. Last Next »