Reviews for Yours to command
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Fantastic chapter! I really like how you are depicting Lothiriel.
Willow-41z chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
The description of Eomer's voice at the beginning is nice. Amrothos's attempt to make her feel better about the shirt was sweet, and I would like to know what exactly did happen to his clothes in Cormallen!

Nice ominousity at the end. ;-)
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Ugh Annarima I already hate her! I wonder what happened to Lothíriel, I mean what was really the accident. And I also wonder if she can get her sight back. I like the way she describes all the voices with colors. Makes me think of the blind girl in the village (Night Shyamalan's movie) who sees the aura of all the people and all of them in a different color. Anyways, I don't know much about blindness, except on fiction. But I do feel bad for poor Lothíriel, She still has spirit though.

Again her father is over protective, but in this case we can almost be agreeing on this attitude. Though, she seems to be able to fend for herself quite well... Well not on the part when she spils her drink. She seems (at a first glance) much more vulnerable than the other Lothíriels.

Well... You must write more AND on a short notice :P

Keep it up!
Nemea chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Oh God -these people make me angry! This b... Annamaria should just cross my way. Nothing of beauty left afterwards I tell you! And Prince Imrahil - Hello? Bloody Bastard. Just always making everything worse. Man, I could just kick all their asses to the moon.

Poor Lothiriel! But just wait until you are the Queen of Rohan...

Viele liebe Gruesse von einer aufgebrachten

Nemea
elenninelendelyne chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
nicely done. it could easily be a part of the book after ROTK. PLEASE FINISH!
Meganalira chapter 4 . 10/13/2006
Oh, but Éomer is a gentleman :) It was really nice to get to see things from Lothíriel's point of view (erhm... whatever). Although you don't really paint Imrahil in a flattering way... it's obvious you shouldn't move things around a blind person. I liked too how Lothíriel managed to place people's faces.

All in all, a nice chapter, and I'm awaiting the next one impatiently!
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 3 . 10/13/2006
Oh... Blind! She's blind... This is going to be interesting!

It must be uncomfortable for Eomer, poor guy :S

And I wonder how a blind princess will end up being queen of rohan; can't wait to see what will happen. It will be intriguing to see how she will sense Eomer.

Well keep it up ;)
Elwen of Lorien chapter 3 . 10/11/2006
Wouldn't have thought that. I was thinking some sort of birth defect, but not blindness. Keep me on my toes. Elwen.
love of Eomer chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
Love the story so far, please update.
losing-grip16 chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
She's blind! I can't believe I didn't realize it. I absolutely LOVE this story so far! You are a very talented writer.
Meganalira chapter 3 . 10/10/2006
Hey! Two new chapters already (unlike some authors around here, you seem decided to get this story going and see it through the end... that's good)!

Well, I didn't exactly guess from chap. 2 that Lothíriel was blind, but I had a feeling. It's only that it hardly seemed likely that it would go by unnoticed by Éomer, in the beginning of chap. 3. When someone is blind, it's usually obvious from the way their eyes don't move. Maybe the dark is Éomer's excuse for not understanding?

Anyway, this is very good so far. I like your Lothíriel, how she's determined and all. Your grieving Éomer is excellent too.

Usually I would beg for another chapter soon, but it doesn't seem necessary with you ;) Happy writing!
A Vermilion Memory chapter 3 . 10/9/2006
Ah.

Charming as always.

I'm excited to see how her blindness works into the plot.

-Vermilion
Traceria chapter 3 . 10/9/2006
Argh, I'm so dense it took me until her nephew's arrival to get it (only a moment before Eomer realizes himself). I've got it now.

"Yet he hardly noticed that, for she had the most arresting pair of eyes he had ever seen. Large and grey and framed by thick dark lashes, they looked out at the world with a slightly dreamy expression."

"“Well, obviously that would not have helped anyway..."

It's so obvious now...duh duh duh...

And this is so comical, too. No wonder she's interesting in singing and detailed descriptions. And no wonder her father's so protective! I LOVE this scenario! What specifically gave you the idea?

And now that I know, all your descriptions and asides seem so clever; it's obvious you've thought through just how that would make her actions and reactions differ from anyone else.

She's going to sweep him off his feet. He he he... *mischievous grin*
Finduilas88 chapter 3 . 10/9/2006
Even though I thought that something physical was wrong with her because of the mention of spending time in the Houses of Healing, I must admit I did *not* guess that she was blind. I do wonder, however, why Faramir felt that he couldn't tell Eomer and Eowyn about it.

The meeting scene was very nicely done, and I'm very interested in how this will turn out. Unlike most of issues that keep couples apart in stories, her blindness is a very real barrier, not necessarily for Eomer's attraction to her, but to her acceptance as Eomer's wife and Queen of Rohan.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Willow Spirit chapter 3 . 10/8/2006
I think I may love this version most of all so far. No, I KNOW I love this version!

I really thought it was a nice touch when you had Eomer looking into the prison cell back in Chapter 1. Not only was it a wonderful reference to the books, it was a great way to show how things have changed for him.

I was surprised to find out Lothi was blind. I was completely ignorant of the clues. You are very brave to do this and it will make this story very special (but then it already is.) Brilliant! I can't wait for more.

Willow Spirit