Reviews for A Broken Soul
Deep Forest Green chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
Interesting. I'd kind of assumed that the spell to create a horcrux was spoken in Parseltongue and so that's why hardly anyone could do it.
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Gorgeous. I love both series (obviously) and you have done a marvelous job at working them together. Your idea, and your portrayal of it is perfect.
I found the old man particularly fascinating. His character - now, his character was like something right out of His Dark Materials.
This, really, is just beautiful.
Superpower Lottery chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
Oh, ouch.
willam and jack and jake chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
very well done
Waywardneko chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
...This was good.
FlyerCat chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
I think this is one of my favorite HP/HDM crossovers here. It's really brilliant, how you tied in Pullman's idea of everyone having daemons in our world, just not seeing it. And how Voldemort tore his daemon apart by creating Horecruxes.
My favorite concept was his relationship with Nagini. I think it was the most touching part-how he kept her close, almost seemed to pretend she was the soul he had, for the most part, lost. It was also very well done-although I really wished we saw Voldemort's reaction to Nagini's death.
My favorite part was the very end: "He saw, with perfect clarity, the she-wolf standing next to Potter, her hackles raised, her lips curled back in a snarl. She gave him strength, a strength that he lacked, and she dazzled with the purity of Potter's heart. The fragment of soul left inside him trembled.
And Lord Voldemort was afraid." Not only is this chilling, but it's also interesting and a perfect end.
Also, I love Harry's daemon as a she-wolf. I thought about HP daemon forms, and I decided Harry's would be an Arabian Wolf (small and scruffy, to match his humble side, but a wolf all the same!) so I was very happy with your choice. A lot of people think patronuses would match daemons, but, I think patronuses reflects an animal you find protective. That's why Harry's would be a stag.
Alright, I'm done rambling. This was a great read, thank you for publishing this!

Miss Flyer
Burnt Parchment chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Wow this was amazing. You're a very talented writer.
Featherfur chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I loved this story maybe u should do a series of one shots over how everyone interacts with their daemon I think that would be cool as well
toolazytologin chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
wow...

that was really good!

the reason for keeping nagini around was plausible

the way you wrote voldemprt was realistic

just awesome!
mainstreet52 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Well-written, and a fascinating concept to match the execution. I approve. :)
captainbanana chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This was fantastic. I love the cross over of the two fandoms, and especially the use of Nagini as his idea of a replacement soul.

Very nicely done, I felt the pace was just right, you skipped the in between bits but without it feeling rushed
DarkSideOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
Amazing...
PanBelacqua chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
It was positively brilliant, the way you structured this story. The pacing was perfect, the ending was one that left the reader warm and glowing, in an oddly courageous way. Your word use was supple and fresh. All in all, a very good story.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 1 . 2/25/2012