Reviews for Helping Hands
Ridley C. James chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Oh wow,

I think this is my favorite one shot you've done. It's awesome. I loved the whole set-up. Then there were the lines about the McGriddle, and my absolute favorite...'Does my wife make great McGriddles?' And then Sam's reply. Genius dialogue as usual. I can tell you enjoyed doing this story. You made it look so easy. It flowed so well. I loved the h/c that you do so perfectly, keeping Dean so real,and yet so big brotherish. Thank you for sharing this. I can only say this was wonderful to come home to.

chocolate rules chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
lol. cute.

That's it ;)
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Great as always. Hmm, I keep starting my reviews for your stories like that, don't I? Lol. It's true though. You started this with Sam hurt right off the bat, no messing around. I like that. :D The extreme boy scouts-lol! Oh yeah, and Mythbusters? Watching it now. I love that show :) I hope you got to see the ep where they recreated the JATO with a Chevy Impala, that was classic. For some reason the title made me think the 'helping hands' were actually an evil zombie when I first started reading, but your way made a lot more sense. Oatmeal with candy dinosaurs-now that is cool :) And the bit of angst with blood at the end, followed by a bit of humor-you are the master. Will look forward to your next story. Have a great day :)
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Great fic. I love the part when they were talkin bout McGriddles. OMG ROFL Good thing they ran into the boys scouts otherwise they woulda been wandering forever. HAHA
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I love the banter. I can totally see Dean talking about anything he could think of to keep Sam's mind off his injury.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
That was great! I love how you put so much effort into the scenery, and desciptions; it gives the story so much depth.

This is really good:

Darkness cloaked them long ago, smothering them in a thick, blinding blackness. A deafening symphony of crickets echoed all around, disorienting and amplifying their solitude. Even the moon had abandoned them.

This line was awesome! I could totally picture Dean's body movement in this (that's one of the many things I find compelling in JA's portrayal of Dean - his body movements, not just facial stuff):

Dean spun, one hand snatching the gun from the waistband of his jeans as he shoved Sam behind him with the other. He stood like a rock, the gun aimed before them with unwavering confidence.

I could go on and on, but let me just say that I really enjoy reading your work, thank you very much!

SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
“Can my wife make McGriddles?”

ROFL! Oh lord Dean you crack me up.

You know, I always think motel bedspreads smell like cigarett smoke too, so I loved that Sam smelled it when he flopped down. This was a great peek into a day in the life of the boys.
Kaewi chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Great story :) I'm glad Amy gave you the bunny, because that always leads to amazing stories from you. You guys definitely have a great partnership going! Thanks for sharing it.
Oldach's Dream chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Hi there. Just wanted to drop you a little line to say how great this one-shot was. I know you posted it a while ago, but I haven't been on the sight much lately.

When I first read the summary, I knew you were gonna do something unpredictable with the plot, so I just had to read it, to try to guess what was gonna happen before it did. But I'm so tired, that my only thought was that the crow was gonna start talking to them. (that idea actually stems from a news story about some campers tripped out on drugs - but I won't go there)So when you had Boy Scouts jump out from behind the bush to piss in posion ivy... I was throughly entertained. I would say LMAO, but I think that phrase is highly overused in our technology driven, micro chip, robotic world. Plus my friend says it in her head instead of actually laughing...

And I love how Dean just keeps talking to keep Sam's mind of the pain, and I love Mythbusters. all around, this just rocks.
Susan82 chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
I always get excited when I see one of your oneshots on the site. As usual, you went above par. As a Sam-girl, anytime we get injured Sam and protective Dean, it just makes my day. It's also fun seeing Sam get in a few good lines at Dean's expense. Great job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Very cute! Great job!
onemediumdrip chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
lol I love Mythbusters! That's an amazing show! Is that an actual episode? If so, I haven't seen it... now I'm intrigued... )
stealthyone chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Good story. :) I liked the banter and the h/c. And I loved Dean continually trying to distract Sam from the pain with inane rambling.

Favorite lines:

Dean ran a hand over his head and faced Sam again. “Can’t you like, have a vision of us finding the car?”

“You can’t live off fast food forever. Don’t you want to settle down and eat breakfast in your own house, with a family of your own?”

“Can my wife make McGriddles?”

*g* Oh, Dean. You’re just so cute.

Behind them, a branch snapped. Dean spun, one hand snatching the gun from the waistband of his jeans as he shoved Sam behind him with the other.

Ooh, protective!Dean! So sexy.

“Our Scout Leader says that you should play dead when a bear comes. Did you play dead?”

Sam shook his head. He was fairly sure he could play dead now, however.

*winces* Poor Sam. He so needs some TLC.

Sam relaxed. Park rangers were good. Park rangers could help them find the Impala. Then they could drive to the hotel and he could sleep for the next 72 hours.

There, there, Sam. You’re almost home free. *pets him*

“But water- if you fall the same distance into water, all your limbs get ripped off. It was really cool.”

Eew. Of course Dean would think that’s cool.

“I mean, we could’ve had our own badges for setting werewolf traps, burning graves, all that stuff. We could have been the Extreme Boy Scouts.”

LOL! Yeah, they would have made interesting Boy Scouts.

Thanks for a good read.
melja chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
Hi- loved this short story- it was great! I'm looking forward to more of your stories.

Surplus Imagination chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
That was delightful! As a parent of a boy scout (and previously cub scout), I would have added the troop practicing first aid on Sam's arm.

I really loved the 'pissing in poison ivy' comment!

Thanks for the story!