Reviews for Heaven and Hell
de yaten chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Oh my... this was very, very well written. You have a really interesting style and I love the prose and symbolism and metaphors. I loved the "fashioned out of silver clasps and gold leaf" and "words like poison and a steel barb tongue" description for Roxas. It was very, very descriptive without being "He had blonde hair and he is witty!" (if that make any sense~~)

I liked how it went through Roxas leaving and the sort of reverse that happened there.

Awesome awesome job!
lollipop-lalala chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
very pretty. i loved this, the way you write it and everything. really, really pretty words.
Kouzan-san chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Whoa... heavy. :O
Orin Drake chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
"The second Roxas realizes he’s the center of the universe he’s gonna get up and leave."

That... seems to sum up Roxas very nicely, yes. And hey, I looked up the lyrics this time! It does seem a fitting song, and quoted in significant ways.

Also, apologies for the possibility that you may get a flood of reviews over the weekend.
Animegoil chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
. Ah, i don't know if it's the fandom, or the frickin screwed-upness of Axel and Roxas and the Nobodies in general, but my head is spinning. It seems like these recent KHII fics are in a very different style than what I remember yours being (I need to reread some of your stuff again _) Confusing, but very ... strong, emphatic, and emotionally affecting. The choice of words and the strength with which they're said- once again, it's like a rhythm, a drumbeat of sorts that flows through the piece and makes you read it at a certain pace. It gives it life- it really goes well with the whole theme, I feel like it kinda personifies how the Nobodies (Axel and Roxas) just go with life because they have no choice.

Definitely that one-two slip through his figers sentence is going to stick in my head, that was the one that started the rhythm, i think. The rhetoric and description are incredible, as usual. And yes, I'll admit that I didn't understand completely what was going on... but I also see this as one of those pieces that flows out and fits in some puzzle that people either get or don't get, depending on their mentality and the way they view things. And for those who don't it pretty much leaves you with a feeling similar to that of looking at abstract art- while one may not understand it, something draws you in about it, and one way or the other, you know it's art.

~Love, animegoil

PS- I'm glad I fulfill my goal as a reviewer- to be able to leave substantial reviews (more than just 'cool!1!' or 'write more') and to let the author know that the writing is appreciated! I take special care in reviewing every story I read of specific authors that I feel have stood out in my opinion, and you're one of them!
zephyrlight chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
. repeat after me: I do NOT have writer's block. I do NOT need a new fandom. I am perfectly CONTENT to be doing this and will NEVER run out of ideas.

thank you for pledging. And don't forget that you have a fan here who would be heart-broken if you switch fandoms .

and back to the review..

"One. Two. Slip through his fingers. And shatter on the floor."

-this sentence gives me the image of Roxas stretching out a hand before falling in lost. Very dramatic, very poetic, very heart-wrenching. Loved it

by the way; I kept this page open on my browser six days for these sentences:

“You don’t want to be in love, Rox,” he hums. Hums to a song that only he really knows because it doesn’t exists at all, but it isn’t as if he makes it up as he goes. “Love is Hell.”

Axel, in the next life… Going straight to Hell.

they were just so... wow. Loved that heaps. But now I really have to close the window, coz otherwise my comp is gonna freeze. So, gomen. But I still love this story, and as a whole too *drools*
Wolfiee chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Man i've been so lazy with reading fics, sorry I haven't been reading yours. I'm still a loyal fan!

This was confusion but you wrote it so well and my favorite line has to be "and his companions made in the fields with bits of Roxas' eyes" or something like that. That line is great.

I don't get this story that much but I still love it, so wonderfully written.

Write more son!