Reviews for Domino in Rubacava
Guest chapter 2 . 4/27/2007
Poor Domino. He died three times.
Glastea chapter 2 . 10/15/2006
Ooh, I do love Domino. And I love the way you've written this tale.

I'd never really thought about what happened to him after he got crushed. I suppose I just thought 'well, he's a good character. Shame he's gone now though.' The idea that you can only die if sprouted makes sense, but if your body is crusjed, broken apart, I wouldn't have thought it would all come back happily-ever-after.

Or, in this case, not. Domino and Olivia... I don't think Dom ever met her, did he? But, they would make a good pair, in my opinion, or I might just be biased, seeing as they're two of my favourite characters. Mneh.

The quality of your writing is fantastic- you had me feeling for Domino until the end. Thanks for sharing this with us- you've made my day.
VampireNaomi chapter 2 . 10/3/2006
I almost missed this chapter and found it by sheer luck. I'm glad that you updated so fast and brought this story to a conclusion. I would have hated to be left hanging.

Anyway, I like it how you included the little Domino/Olivia affair in there. It was described realistically and I liked the ideas that popped into Domino's head at that time. Description of dying Rubacava was also very enjoyable to read.

Domino's characterization is still a little off, in my opinion, but you knew that already. In fact, I'm a little torn because I like this broken man theme a lot, I just don't see it as part of Domino. If it was an original character, I'd have no trouble with it.

I was surprised when you hinted at that Domino and Hector had known each other in their previous lives. I wish you had explored that a little more because it would have brought more light to the way Domino feels about Hector. The mention of his childhood is another thing I would have loved to hear more about.

The top man in Rubacava is Maximino, not Maxamino, by the way. I enjoyed the conversation Domino had with him. He felt more like his old self in there. I'm curious, does Maximino know about Domino's feelings for Hector? He certainly hinted at that with the death line.

Was the "revenge is a dish best served cold" a reference to Batman: The Animated Series? If yes, then I really like the way you used it in this context.

The ending was a little predictable, but the most natural way this story could end. I quite liked the story, and I think the only real problem with it is Domino's characterization. Other than that, it was a pleasure to read.
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Wow, this story just kept surprising me paragraph after paragraph.

I wrote something a little like this a long time ago but never posted it, so it was more than interesting to see someone else's POV on what Domino might have thought if he had returned. I think you used the broken man theme quite well, especially early on in the story.

It kept getting weirder, though. Domino's bitter hatred for Manny and what he had done sounded like he thought of Hector as some kind of saviour of the people. I never really thought of it that way (to me it looked like Domino was just being a greedy bastard for his own sake), but it's a surprising idea.

Then it hit me what you were implying with the rest of the story. I'm handing you an award for writing the oddest GF couple yet. We don't have that much slash around here, so it would be very interesting to see the idea developed more. Right now it just jumps at the reader out of the blue.

All in all, I enjoyed the story. Domino was a bit off in the end, I think (I symphatize, I can never write him at all), and you spelled "Zapato" incorrectly, but the early parts, good descriptions and original pairing were all good bits. This has no "Complete" tag, so I'm hoping that there will be more, but this works well this way, too.