Reviews for Second Date
junerains chapter 18 . 10/15/2013
I don't know if you will see this review - but I wanted to thank u for such a will written and beautiful story. So true to the characters- that I swear I could hear them speaking.
After much frustration and nearly giving up I have found what I have been hoping for, for so long - a story that would pair these two complicated characters in a realistic manner. You did it ! Thank You! I choose to accept your story instead of what happened on the tv show-it is what House deserved.
DayDreamer077 chapter 18 . 4/19/2013
rereading this story...
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 17 . 8/18/2012
Consider the fact that the last woman House willingly gave control to ended up lying to him and betraying him and ultimately crippling him both physically and emotionally. Only an IDIOT would try to forcefully take that control from him again and only a BIGGER IDIOT would cheerlead her to try. Wilson doesn't know HALF of what he thinks he knows about House and Cameron can't possibly believe that HER love would erase all of House's experience and mistrust.
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 16 . 8/18/2012
I am at a loss...didn't Cameron leave the bed first? How did she THINK House would react to waking up alone? ABANDONMENT is a HUGE issue of House's, even this early on Cameron had to know that...
Bakerstreet Blues chapter 4 . 8/18/2012
Wilson is the worst friend...instead of encouraging House to open up to people he ALWAYS criticizes him. No one wants a friend that thinks that badly of them.
CarineM chapter 18 . 3/25/2010
great story!
Chikiko chapter 18 . 6/14/2009
LOved the story. I always thought her biggest mistake is giving up after that first date. seeing him in the episode where he was shot and the episode when she kissed him, it seems he wanted her to push for him despite his protest. a case of "he doth protest too much." it was good to see her stick it out despite all the hard right jabs he sent her way.
MM Vermelha chapter 18 . 11/14/2007
Good God, I'm amazed!

I must say I've been reading House's fanfictions looking up for some Cameron and House dynamic for a few days now, probably over a week and this is actually the first time I bother to send a feedback.

I read tons of well written dramas, long chapters and good plot, but lacking the personality I found here.

You created a believable atmosphere without making House so sweet that made me wanna puke or Cameron so childish that made me wanna buy her candy. I'm truly amazed by your story, the simplicity of it, and yet something so unique.

I loved your fights, I loved the second corsage and Wilson's extra pair of hands to help out. You kept House's voice true, and even more, you kept Cameron true, which seems surprisingly rare on fanfictions around. People easily play out House as a jerk, but making Cameron sweet yet human is quite of a hard task.

I just really had to review this and tell you what an amazing job you did! I'm not even sure if you still check I cant remember when this fanfiction, but just... god, good job!

You just made my day.

Love from Brazil!

Audrey
Crunch Berry Baroness chapter 18 . 6/12/2007
aw nicely put with that metaphor. aw this story was great!
FantasyFreak4Life chapter 18 . 4/15/2007
good story, is there going to be a sequal?
blueheronz chapter 8 . 4/10/2007
Whew! This chapter delivered the goods that I needed this evening. Once again, beautiful writing, IC, love House's internal struggle with his feelings.

This was nice:

Both had agreed upon their particular fondness for Keaton, Cameron because of his deep, soulful eyes and House because of his innovative tactics for problem-solving.

House's eyes remained on hers, hooded and intense...He stood incredibly still almost as if immobilized in a trance..."

That whole bit and the rest of the chapter was really hot.
blueheronz chapter 7 . 3/29/2007
I like how carefully you set up this chapter, how atmospheric it is. You successfully created a mood and sense of place with the junk food...A drive-in movie seems perfect for a House date. It's kind of a high school thing to do, and House often reminds me of a man with a junior high mentality (along with a genius intellect). Chaplin and Keaton? That's inspired. Love the Chaplin cane reference. And House's sexual quips. And Cam's nervousness. And House's cheesiness.
Sinkingboat chapter 10 . 3/26/2007
Great story. Prob the most accurate house story I've seen. You don't say 'snarked' all the time so that's a plus. Also especially in this chapter I like the way they have to bug the people working in the labs since doctors don't handle the actual tests... so great job.
blueheronz chapter 6 . 3/23/2007
Oh, I just love it that House can't help himself. He can't just leave a compliment at that, he has to do his whole Holmes bit.

And Wilson is such a busy body! Does he ever actually have a patient? Or did Cuddy hire him to be House's nanny? Actually, that might be a funny parody fic.

Anyway, I'm hooked on your story.

I think I liked the last line of this chapter the best:

Both retreated to the safety and neutrality of silence, punctuated only by the rhythmic tapping of House’s cane against the floorboard of Cameron’s car.
blueheronz chapter 5 . 3/23/2007
This is a strong, confidently written, beautiful chapter, my favorite so far in this story. It's one of those chapters that offers so many great bits that to accurately share them all would entail rewriting it in a review. In this chapter, Cameron provides reasons for her actions, and explains that she screwed up on her date with House, a theory I also adhere to. I totally believe these characters as you have written them.

I love Wilson here: "Can we go somewhere else? House tends to pop up whenever I'm around food..."

These paragraphs are great in terms of dialogue and explication.

She wasn’t sure that she could answer him. At least, not in any way that would make sense to anyone except herself. “On our last date,” she began, speaking slowly as she chose her words, “I blew it.” She leaned her head back against the wall and looked up. “I thought I had it all figured out,” she said, embarrassment heavy in her voice. “House is a guy who likes to push, and he has fun when he’s pushed back. So I pushed.”

Wilson looked down at the floor, his mind racing to imagine House in a scenario with a pretty woman who was pushing him. “And he pushed back?”

“Threw a right jab that practically knocked me out.” Cameron frowned. Wasn’t a right jab something to do with boxing? Was boxing a sport? Had she just used a sport metaphor? She shook her head in disgust, but couldn’t think of a better description for the shock, pain, loss of balance that his words had initially caused her. Wilson, sensing her need for it, waited for her to continue. Cameron brought her eyes back down from the ceiling to meet Wilson’s. “What you said to me, before that last date,” she said haltingly, “I didn’t believe it.”