Reviews for Helpless
SashaElizabeth chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Wow, very dramatic and well done.
cheekymice chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I enjoyed that immensely doll, so there was no need to fear the old fic after all. ;)

Very creepy.
SA3466996 chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
That was just perfect! Not overly sentimental but not underplayed. You had the three of them spot on for me!

And the angst! - especially the distance element when Gibbs and Kate heard the two shots being fired.

And you killed Tony! That was always going to bring a lump to my throat... but what a lump it was!
Ditzyleo chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
you...you KILLED tony! *sobs*

Very well written .
Sweetie420 chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
that was so sad. i hope you add more or do another one like it. Good Job
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 10/30/2006
Okay - I didn't read your warning! Bad me - but good story despite the awful ending.
Lizabeth S. Tucker chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
You...you...you...how could you? You killed Tony! *sniff*

Poor Tony, unable to respond with the five movies that instantly jumped to my mind.

I won't say nicely done, 'cause you killed Tony. But it was eerie and well written and creepy as hell, just like cornfields are. And we never get to really "see" them, the ones who were chasing our beloved hero.
lilmouse chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
OMG. You killed Tony! *Gapes at the screen*

The story is *very* well written. Super tension, great dialogue but - but - you killed *Tony*! I cried!

You are good, bethellie, but - but - you *killed* Tony!

This is becoming an inarticulate review and I do apologise.

Favourite parts? When Tony *lived*! Argh! Such angst!

(Okay, I'm not going to cry again.)

He ran as if his life depended on it, and in one of those horrible realisations you get when you least want or expect it, he realised it did.

(Fantastic opening. Really grabs you and holds you with the tension.)

Then, out of the darkness, somewhere beyond the edge of the massive field of corn that stood huge and imposing in front of them, two shots were fired.

(My hopes sank right about here as I realized for certain who was going to die. Gibbs and Kate work well together, with shared skill and shared concern, and you demonstrate their dynamic very well.)

Just before the darkness claimed him completely, an anguished sob escaped him, and he prayed for death to take him swiftly.

(Okay, at this point, *I* gave an anguished sob, too.)

“Boss, we’re in the middle of a giant…corn field. If I had to choose a place to die…well, this is impressive enough. Reminds me of that movie…”

Kate laughed at that, pushing the hair back off his face again. If there was ever a time she was going to put up with his odd movie references, it was now. “Yeah? Which one?”

Gibbs gave her an irritated look, but she just shook her head, silently begging him to let her do this. It didn’t matter, though. The weak grip on her hand had gone slack, and when she looked at Tony’s face, she saw that his eyes were closed, his face peaceful. “Oh, god…”

(Beautifully done. A nightmare become real. You have kept them all in character, from beginning to end. So telling of how thigs are that Tony can't think of the movie, or if he did, he doesn't have time for one last witty comment...)

Kate didn’t put up any resistance as Gibbs pulled Tony from her arms, lowering his body gently back to the ground. Holding the limp hand in his own, he stroked his callused thumb across the cold skin in a repetitive motion, willing himself to hold it together. “Damn it, DiNozzo.” His voice was choked and he closed his eyes angrily when he felt tears forming.

He didn’t cry. He wouldn’t.

(It - I - You - *sob* I doubt he can come back to life so I guess this is a one-shot, unless you plan on resurrecting him somehow in honour of All Hallow's Eve, though it might not be a pretty sight or a good idea. I hope Gibbs and Kate catch those who did this to Tony - the Nameless Ones, who don't matter for the purpose of your story - and bring them to justice.)

The whole setting, from old house to cornfield to rain. I feel like I'm running through a horror movie.

*Sob*

Mouse :)
shirik chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
although frustrating because tony died - i loved it!
PeoplePerson chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
OMG! To sad. I cried. I never cry.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Great job B - you've made me feel like I've been puncehd in the gut and that's a GOOD thing. Tony not being able to think of any movie references is the saddest thing of all. *cries*

And the horror-movie aspect of it is just perfect for Halloween (although you get NO. CANDY. young lady until you bring him back from the dead!)
devil3567 chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Love this story update soon.
Opusscurum chapter 1 . 9/29/2006
Amazing! and so sad. too sad. Why don't you go on with the fic? i would really like it if tony turned out not to be dead. oh please...:)
Traw chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
All I can say is WOW! That was awesome and so incredibly sad. Fantastic job!
ArodLoverus2001 chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
OMG that was so sad! keep up the great work!