Reviews for A Night on Dartmoor
Music Marauder chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I hardly know what to say. I'm not sure if I really like it...but I can tell you it was absolutely heartbreaking, bittersweet, and yet, somehow, beautiful. I've never thought of what would happen to him when he dies...I honestly can't picture the Doctor (or TARDIS) dying at all. I think that is why this fic hit me a bit more than any I've read before. Although, it hurt to read...thank you for posting.

My favourite line is the last: "And somewhere, in the heather and bracken, echoing around the Tors came the memory of ancient engines that would one day bring them all home."
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/4/2009
*cries* That was bittersweet! Great story!
Lexia4 chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
That's beautiful and absolutely heart-wrenching. I have tears rolling down my face. Brilliant work.
Lauren chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
OMG, that was fantastic, I cried and cried, it was so sweet it made me smile, you should definitely make up some more stories!
Cynical Romantic Lass chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
If a weren't crying so much right now I could right a proper review. This story was wonderful. I usually hate stories where Rose gets old and dies (I'm not sure if I;ve seen any others where the doctor gets old before he dies, but if I have, I hate them too), but this was so beautifully done. Jack was the perfect choice, I couldn't have stomached it if she just married some random guy who hadn't known the doctor. And it works that you didn't explain how it got there. I had just about stopped crying from the doctor's death scene when this line got me started all over "she smiled as she almost felt the cool of familiar fingers slip into it. She didn’t turn to look, he was never there if she did but out of the corner of her eye she could make out his shape. Today she saw the gentle rustle of light brown hair and a long fawn coat, perhaps tomorrow would bring the tall, dark stranger and his faint smell of leather."
the doctor's next dance chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
It's actually not fair. I seem to cry at all of your work. That was truly beauitful, I had a feeling it was the doctor when he turned up, but I never believed it... And I loved the whole Jack/Rose thing at the end. I never thought I would be ok with that pairing, but the way you did that was so lovely, and I laughed when I heard about Jack and Spock the dog! However, the best bit has to be Rose going off on a walk with the Doctor even though he's no longer there - it was so bittersweet! "You take care of her out there old man." Thank you so much for all your stories, and please write another one soon! xx
Kreek chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Just wanted to tell you that I 'a sensible adult' love this story. So sad, but beautiful.
nmt chapter 1 . 8/16/2007
Hmm. This was quite beautiful. It had a very West-Country feel, which is proper given the setting, and it was Celtic and wild and wonderful. I don't really like Doctor/Rose (more of a Classic Series fan; especially Doctor/Romana and Ian/Barbara) but if there is a right way to do it, this is it. I don't think she was ever capable of understanding his pain, but she tried SO hard and SO admirably and, even despite all of that, Dartmoor would be the perfect place for the Doctor to die, so free...the characterisation was a LITTLE bit off, but not so that it marred the story, and even the mortal!Jack works in its way, and the Doctor reverting to an almost One-form at the end is very fitting...I wouldn't want this in canon, no, definitely not, but such beauty must be recognised, and this is beautiful, yes. Almost like a sci-fi Wuthering Heights, and you even used 'Heathcliffe.' And I'd rather have the Doctor buried on Earth, the planet he loved and never abandoned, than on Gallifrey, the planet with which he had a tempestuous, love-hate relationship.

Favourite lines time!

1. “They’re coming to take you home Doctor,” she said softly, “The whole of Gallifrey is waiting to take you home where you’ll be safe, no more running...They’re waiting...Go home to your people.”

2. Jack Harkness smiled as he watched his wife walk out onto the Moors, knowing both his and her first love walked beside her. He had been blessed to return to her side but their trio was incomplete but he knew as he walked the dance of her silver hair in the wind that they did not have to wait long until they would race through the stars once more, forever young and forever free.

3. And somewhere, in the heather and bracken, echoing around the Tors came the memory of ancient engines that would one day bring them all home.
PadmeKenobi chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Oh wow, this was beatiful. It actually made me cry. I've been reading several Doctor Who fanfics, and ever since Doomsday, every story I've read has made me cry. Been too emotional, me thinks. Wonderful beautifully sad job! I absolutely loved it.
sevanderslice chapter 1 . 2/28/2007
beautiful. Really really sad, but beautiful. I got tears in my eyes when she was telling stories to her grandchildren.
pacificisland chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
That was gorgeous anyway and then you had to go throw Jack in there and then ending! Well done.
GiraffeGirl chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Doctor/Rose, Doctor/Jack, Jack/Rose... all the relationships guaranteed to make me cry... lovely... I like it that Rose was able to move on... nice work
RagamuffinSundrop chapter 1 . 12/7/2006
Beautiful, if I can stop crying I'll leave you a better review
S.M.Hoffman chapter 1 . 11/12/2006 was so sweet!I loved it.I loved how you made Rose trust the old man and so did I for some reason.I was even happier when he turned out to be the you have Jack in the end!Everyone loves Jack...and I'm giddy that Rose and Jack are together,even though I'm more of a Rose/Doctor shipper but Jack is always there for stories like sweet and up the good work.

Bad Wolf
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 10/20/2006
You know, I don't particularly *enjoy* crying...

This fic really was quite exceptional. I like how it started out kind of gothic, with the mansion in the storm, and the moors... The idea in itself was really bittersweet and worked vair well. And then you combined it with great writing...

All in all, a great fic and one to be proud of, hehe. :D