Reviews for Deep River
chococats4444 chapter 1 . 1/31
this made me cry so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
this is really good and very emotional. please keep writing. i loved the whole story and the ending, especially. very well thought out
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
i have no words to describe this. But i just want to tell you, i cried.
Cora chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Amazing! I've never really thought about Mikoto since she's considered a minor character in Naruto, but after reading this I've realized just how significant she truly is. I'll admit that I cried a little at the ending too. This might just be one of the best Nuruto fanfics that I have ever read. Keep writing!
Ice of the Kitsune's Fire chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I kind of really love this. And by kind of, I mean a lot.

The references to the canon story are realistic and believable, and what isn't canon is written smoothly, as if it were really part of the actual story itself. The interaction between Mikoto and her family is written beautifully, be it the love she has for her sons, the relationship (and I'm hesitant to use the word 'love' here for some reason, because it feels more like a partnership than anything else, but the point it that it's REALLY WELL WRITTEN), or just anything... for a character who hasn't been shown much in the actual series, you write her stunningly well. Amazing vocabulary and grammar, and your descriptions just add even more to the piece. I especially love the sinister undertones of the Uchiha and its politics, and how well you described Mikoto's uneasiness, especially involving Itachi. This was absolutely STUNNING. Great work!
Roses of Sharon chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I was wondering, since your story reads like a one-shot but isn't marked complete - are you planning on somehow continuing this?
shoelys chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I'd never thought I'd feel so emotional from a story. But, I did, and now I believe I will not let this go.

Great story; I loved it.
SmilesLasting chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Beautiful...
lalalah chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
That was very touching and mouving. I liked the first encounter with Mikoto and Fugaku. I felt exeptionally sad when Itachi rejected Mikoto, and then she went to Sasuke to seek comfort. A beautiful tale, indeed.
InMyEyesForever chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Wow! That was deep! (No pun intended) :)
pfeffi chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This is probably the most beautiful story I have read. It portrays deep emotion, sadness. This story was close to bringing me to tears. Kudos for writing an amazing story, this is by far one of the greatest I have seen.

Celestique.
frigo chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I love these kind of stories - stories that are about nothing and everything at the same time. Your writing is effortless and beautiful, and I have to admit that I came very close to tears somewhere around the middle, which isn't something that normally happens. It's this kind of vantage point - the untold stories, so to speak - that really makes me sit back with wonder and realise that children, little kids all around the world watch this show and read this manga and think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. When, in reality, it's an awful, bittersweet story that should be confined to late night television. Huh.

Anyway, this was a beautiful story, thank you.
Shadow of Miracles chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
This is without exaggeration the best story I have ever had the pleasure of reading. There is just no way I could possible express how great this story was and still is. I can tell that it must have taken a great deal of time to come up with such masterpiece especially since the characters of Fugaku and Mikoto Uchiha is only mentioned a few times during flashbacks, but you were actually able to give a personality that best suits them and fits perfectly with everything, this story will be remembered by anyone who is fortunate enough to read it and I want to thank you for writing such a great story, you might think I'm praising you too much but I can say that you're a great writer and that I hope you'll continue to write so well.

p.s. what really got me was near the end since Itachi was being so cruel to her. Before finding out the truth, I always thought Itachi was one cruel bastard, but I guess I had hoped that he would be kinder somehow, anyways great job nonetheless, Itachi will always be a great actor capable of fooling anyone.
ixr chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
It's worth rifting through hundreds of distressingly bad fics to find a piece such as this. Your characterizations are subtle and poignant, and always so dead-on. I don't believe that I've ever read a better story, and to think, it's about a character we haven't even truly encountered in the fandom.

All these different pieces of her life...all of them were meaningful and just...were really affecting and helped convey the depth of the tragedy of Mikoto's life.

You are so amazingly talented.
Rain Sky chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
This is unspeakably one of the best-written pieces I have read in a long time. The imagery was consistent yet varied also, and was always relevant as opposed to frivolous.

The only complaints I would have is here:

There is shadow all around, and she is angry at it for defacing her full of light house, turning it into something ugly and ominous

I believe "full-of-light" with hyphens would work better. Also, I think elsewhere you have ".." as opposed to "..." for a proper set of ellipses.

Other than that, it was beautiful. I smiled, I felt sorrow.

Arashi