Reviews for Deep River
KHB123 chapter 1 . 10/19
Very well detailed one-shot of Mikoto's background. It's very sad, though. If only she had the privilege to see the warm, loving side of Itachi whenever he's around Sasuke.
Em chapter 1 . 6/25
Every time that I read this, it moves me. Mikoto is the most real in this story of any that I've read with her in it. She has more than a touch of that Uchiha madness as well, and so much uncertainty. She's impossible not to love. It just sucks so much that she never had any real options in her life, and that oppressive sense of her hands tied and drowning throughout the story fits so perfectly. There were so many places that she could have changed the outcome if she had ever in her life been able to have a voice and real agency. But there was never a chance of that. Maybe if she'd been more mentally stable, it would have been more possible for her to push and be effective somehow. It's really hard to do with a chaotic head and her external anchor also serving to keep her conforming to the family's expectations no matter what.

Anyway. I also love how Shisui had a crush on her, one of my other favorite Uchiha-centric stories has that too ("Who died and made you Lolita"). Even if it's brief, it's adorable. Poor Shisui.

Thank you again for having written this 3
sangi chapter 1 . 2/15
This was a really beautiful look into Mikoto. I love her early interactions with Fugaku, and how Itachi is born on the riverbank. The language you use evokes a lot of powerful & dark emotions, which is great. I like to see how Itachi and Sasuke grow from her perspective. Just very beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
chococats4444 chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
this made me cry so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
this is really good and very emotional. please keep writing. i loved the whole story and the ending, especially. very well thought out
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
i have no words to describe this. But i just want to tell you, i cried.
Cora chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Amazing! I've never really thought about Mikoto since she's considered a minor character in Naruto, but after reading this I've realized just how significant she truly is. I'll admit that I cried a little at the ending too. This might just be one of the best Nuruto fanfics that I have ever read. Keep writing!
Ice of the Kitsune's Fire chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I kind of really love this. And by kind of, I mean a lot.

The references to the canon story are realistic and believable, and what isn't canon is written smoothly, as if it were really part of the actual story itself. The interaction between Mikoto and her family is written beautifully, be it the love she has for her sons, the relationship (and I'm hesitant to use the word 'love' here for some reason, because it feels more like a partnership than anything else, but the point it that it's REALLY WELL WRITTEN), or just anything... for a character who hasn't been shown much in the actual series, you write her stunningly well. Amazing vocabulary and grammar, and your descriptions just add even more to the piece. I especially love the sinister undertones of the Uchiha and its politics, and how well you described Mikoto's uneasiness, especially involving Itachi. This was absolutely STUNNING. Great work!
RofS chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I was wondering, since your story reads like a one-shot but isn't marked complete - are you planning on somehow continuing this?
coraluna chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I'd never thought I'd feel so emotional from a story. But, I did, and now I believe I will not let this go.

Great story; I loved it.
SmilesLasting chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
lalalah chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
That was very touching and mouving. I liked the first encounter with Mikoto and Fugaku. I felt exeptionally sad when Itachi rejected Mikoto, and then she went to Sasuke to seek comfort. A beautiful tale, indeed.
InMyEyesForever chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Wow! That was deep! (No pun intended) :)
pfeffi chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
This is probably the most beautiful story I have read. It portrays deep emotion, sadness. This story was close to bringing me to tears. Kudos for writing an amazing story, this is by far one of the greatest I have seen.

frigo chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I love these kind of stories - stories that are about nothing and everything at the same time. Your writing is effortless and beautiful, and I have to admit that I came very close to tears somewhere around the middle, which isn't something that normally happens. It's this kind of vantage point - the untold stories, so to speak - that really makes me sit back with wonder and realise that children, little kids all around the world watch this show and read this manga and think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. When, in reality, it's an awful, bittersweet story that should be confined to late night television. Huh.

Anyway, this was a beautiful story, thank you.