Reviews for Wilderness of Mirrors
BabyBoy1 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
I'm so glad to read this sequel, Scsrlett, and will add the story to my alert list. I admit I can't fully follow all the mental circumlocutions in your storyline but I find Sands so fascinating that I just keep wanting more!
fanonymous chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
So glad you have taken this up again-terrific atmosphere, and building tension in and around SJS-looks like a complicated plot too-much like the last one-I hope that means we have much more to look forward to.

Thanks for writing!
teacrumb chapter 2 . 2/6/2007
Egad! I just realized that I haven't reviewed for this chapter. I've reread it several times, but the whole feedback thing seems to have slipped my mind. Well, better late than never, I suppose...

As ever, the Latin is lovely. I wish I could do that. I shall have to take a class on it and learn how to insult people and make philosophical comments for my own private amusement.

What do they want Cam to do? The officer he's supposed to betray has to be Sands, right? SO HE WON'T DO IT, RIGHT? *yanks hair in frustration at literary suspense* He's the only person that Sands *almost* trusts, so he can't can't can't engage in any backstabbing activity! This could be bad.

"He’d actually thought he’d been screwing the mother of all pooches." That is just...unspeakably marvelous. Your Sandsisms are perfection.

What is that nursery rhyme, by the way? And how did you find something so extremely appropriate? "Hell, he couldn’t remember, but it was fitting, and the absurdity had kept him distracted from what he’d just done. He didn’t think the self-induced delirium was going to work for long." I like that you left out the eyeball...disposal scene out. Not so much because it would be gross (I happen to like gory detail), but somehow it seemed more subtle and dramatic to show Sands after and fill in the blanks with my mind. But whoa...the FREEZER? I suppose that trashing his eyes would be a bit unceremonious and perhaps equally disturbing, but to KEEP THEM IN HIS FREEZER. Now that is a shiver-inducing thought. Let's just hope he doesn't wander into the freezer for late-night food foraging.

Argh! What does Cecilia have to do with all of this? What could the Company possibly want with her? Are they going to use her to get to Sands? I feel the need to repeat myself: this could be bad.

And Ava! How is she connected to everything? The Pandora thing is so mysterious-you *will* give us more on that soon? I hope...?

Well, now this is the part where I say UPDATE! So...UPDATE! *sends mental UPDATE! messages in encouraging voice*
Merrie chapter 2 . 1/24/2007
Oh you wondrous tease, you. :) Excellent work as always, Scarlett. I think you're still beating my rather...eccentric updating schedule so congrats. :D I look forward to the next installment. :D

-Merrie
Stef bendingsickle LJ chapter 2 . 1/16/2007
You're back! A new chapter, and a heck of a lot of questions are brought up. I'm amazed at how well you structure your stories. The pacing, the little hints... It's a pleasure to read your stories.

Alright, I'll stop gushing now.
cobalt elysium chapter 2 . 1/10/2007
I could've sworn that it had 30 chapters, and I for the life of me will never understand why i did :S

Again, i am in complete awe of your work, as the case seems to be of late. Have to admit, Sands is up the creek without a paddle and the waterfall is coming closer.

Ava, Ava, Ava...there is something I like about her, and then something that gives me a nasty vibe.

This was just extremely diabolical and that's only the first two chapters!

God this is fabulous, you have more spins in your writing than a dradel! Anxiously awaiting more.
Russe chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
This is very nice!

by the way, I'm Poppy but I changed my name.

I liked this chapter.

ta,

Russe
ringbearers-gaurdian chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
Magnificantly Diabolical as always dearest PiC! *Applaud* This is why I love your work. You weave more threads in the web then a blackwidow. Your latin use gives it all such a wonderful spin of words. Your Sands is...well...an evil little guilty pleasure. Careful luv, or you're gonna make mine jealous. ;)
quick29 chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
Good job! Your writing never ceases to amaze me.
AgentSJSands chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
Excellent, can't wait for more! I love how you write Sands. I really enjoyed Sands Through the Hourglass and I'm so glad you're writing more.
bendingsickle chapter 1 . 12/3/2006
Ah, a sequel... I won't have to beg, then. I'll do a running commentary.

First off: Cecelia!...but not: Amazing how you always make me believe your dream sequences just long enough... I also love your metaphors, like the "surgically implanted smile". (The "he smiled like the cat that got the canary" one I found you used quite a few times towards the end of Hourglass, though.)

"...this baby’s been tested in the field – it’s been used, misused, and abused – but it’s always performed." - beautiful

Can't wait for more. (Good luck with grad!)
Kerttu chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
Bloody good thing! *hugs* Love it! Love it! Love it!
distressed cough drop chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Fantastic start to a new story! I'm happy you're continuing this. And please get Cam in soon :)

cheers
just jacs chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
ohh i'm so glad you have started wring the sequel for this, more soon please?
ringbearers-gaurdian chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
*Revels in it* You know I love it. ;) Bravo, partner in crime.

Ally