Reviews for Silence Apart
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
This one shot was SO powerful. I can't believe I haven't read it before today. Here are some of the sentences that really took my breath away:

There’s no way either of them are sleeping tonight, and no amount of alcohol is gonna change that.

“Just because I can't make shit move with my mind doesn't mean I'm useless, it doesn’t just—it doesn’t.”

He could live forever and he’d never forget.

“Yeah it's really me.” He smiles, but it’s the saddest thing Dean’s ever seen.

Amazing work.
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 12/25/2006
Wow, you do angst really really well. I love the ending, especially. Great work.

Cheers,

Sera
glorfinniel chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
This was absolutely stunning. A brilliant piece of work.

I especially like this bit: "He wants his mother to make it better, but most of all, he wants his father to tell him he’s okay. He wants to be the one with all the answers. He wants to be shouted at, he wants to be told what to do.

He needs orders, he needs something, but all he can do is fight." That is incredible - it sums Dean up, and although the words hurt they are so very true.

Thanks for sharing!
Pedellea chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
This was rather awesome, as usual. You really know how to crank up the angst! Do more tag stories, okay? I love them.
Lilly B chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
wow...this is a really cool take on what would happen if dean remembered the whole reaper incident. great job!
StealerOfDreams chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
I just saw "In My Time of Dying" today, because I downloaded it. Now I'm going to wait till it picks up in Australia to see the rest.

I was kinda bummed that it ended there, that we didn't see grieving... "and a voice telling him he’ll regret it all."

This was sad, and beautiful, i guess. Dean being unaccepting of the situation seemed fitting. But sad, yeah, very sad.

This was very well written, and it's making its way to my favourites. Thankyou

Hannah
Silver Kitten chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Damn, girl. Just...damn. I need to go to sleep, and luckily I get to go cry as I do so.

I know this isn't saying much because you still have like a billion stories I need to read, but this is by far my most favorite story by you.

You are the master of weaving flashbacks together and you use quotes like no other. I am so impressed. Just brilliant. Tragic. Beautiful. The boys are gorgeously broken together. Wow...damn. And John...gah..."I did it for you, kiddo." Oh. My. God.

Love this.

*clicks into favorites*
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
"Oh, god" is right. If only we'd get this on the show, but I don't see it coming very soon. thank you for this tag, it's a perfect next step from the episode. I'm looking forward to what you write next.
mysterious.brunette101 chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
*jaw drop* Gosh this seemed like an episode. Normally I enjoy critiquing stories, but there's nothing to critique if the story's perfect. Seriously an amazing job. *clicks on adding to favorites* Several jaws must have dropped belonging to whoever has read this story.
Latanya Kassidy chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Ooh, I really liked that. I love how disjointed the ending was, flashing between Dean's memories and his reality. I'm so bitter, cuz I missed the last five minutes of the episode! Did you use the real dialogue from the show? Hopefully?
Master Li chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
awesome story! You should write another chapter about maybe Dean telling Sam about what he saw in his "out of body" time! Maybe not john's death but at least the reaper and stuff! Keep up the great work!
mcatB chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Excellent. Lovely angst. Thanks.
L'insomnie des etoiles chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Beautiful ... "In my time of dying" was a great ep and thus, i found it very difficult to write about it but your fic is perfect with it. You didn't write too much, you didn't do too much suppositions and it was really well written. In short, i really loved your fic ; thanks for sharing !
GB Freak1 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Wow! That was amzing!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
OK, so maybe I shouldn't have read this only 30 minutes after finally getting to see In My Time of Dying... 'cause that's the first time Supernatural's made me cry, and I've only just stopped and now I'm off again and now I'm rambling and I so want to give Dean a hug and I want to give you a verbal hug for writing such a great story...

My love, that was fabulous... Sigh... That's the first coherant thought I've had in 30 minutes...