Reviews for Wait Without Warmth
SaintsGhost chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Man this makes me cry! But this is very very good!
cHoCoLaTe-cHiHuAhUa chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Amazing fic. And it seems you can't fail to make me cry! So, props to you
La Cidiana chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
This fic was very haunting (literally, aha) and wonderfully written. You really get the feeling how anyone-even Dean-can lose themselves in the face of eternity and loneliness. Awesome job portraying it!
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Wow. I don't know how I missed this one, but it's spectacular.

Well done.

Cheers,

Sera
1967Impala chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
that was wonderful...sad almost all the way through until the beautiful ending! im so happy Dean got a second chance! i was expecting Sam to come and have to salt and burn his brother or maybe he couldn't and dean, being an angry spirit and like you said "He forgets his name, he forgets who he was or even who he is. All he knows is the bloodshed and the madness" and he would forget Sam and try to kill him or something just as horrible. but that story was just wonderful! keep up the fantastic work! you are an amazing writer!
Spense chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
This a wonderful piece of writing. You drew me right in, and I could just feel Dean's pain and his decsent into madness. That by wanting to stay for Sam, he became the thing of his worst nightmare, the very thing he used to hunt. You must have ESP, because of all of the fears and feelings you touched on have been played out in subsequent episodes.

I love your images - the sky splitting behind the reaper with Sam in the brightness, the house Dean haunts, and the coldness of Sam's hands. Also, the fact that Sam's wife can sense Dean where Sam himself cannot.

You write beautifully. Every word means something, each image well defined without any excess verbage, and each section just long enough to draw a reader in and make them think and fill it out with their own imagination.

Great job!
Nightarcher210 chapter 1 . 11/29/2006
I finally saw the episode, so I felt safe to read this. Boy am I sorry I missed it the first time around. The characterization of his madness was brilliantly written, and oh so sad. It was one of those stories that hurts for how good it is. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.
SupernaturalGal6 chapter 1 . 11/7/2006
Ah, man...that was great. I had a tear in my eye...lol! Great story!
MollybyGolly chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
that's so good! and really sad...:(
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Dang, I read this on LJ, but I hate leaving reviews over there, so I came here to see if it was up, and wooho. Sad, girl, way sad, but it did kinda send a plot bunny hopping into my yard that I thought I'd send back.

I'd like to see you do one, sorta like this wherein, we have Dean experiencing many of the same things, lack of warmth, apparent indifference, etc. Only he stays with Sam, stays with the hunt, and the ending would go something like...

"I wonder if this would be any easier if I hadn't died," and the sound of his own voice startles him for a second, because it's been so long since he's heard it actually emerge from his throat, so long since he's bothered with the mechanics of it beyond the formation of the thoughts.

Sam looks at him, surprised, and says, "Dean, you didn't die. Dad saved you, remember?"

"Oh yeah, sometimes I forget."

Of course, the whole thing would be that Dean lived, but we believe he died because he's so broken after John's death that he can't feel alive anymore.

This would take some finagling, because Sam couldn't actually be indifferent and uncaring, you'd have sammy girls sending ya hate mail, but still Dean would not notice the that Sam cares, because Dean just cannot feel the warmth anymore. That part of him did die, because Demons make dirty deals. We all know that.

K, so I thought since you inspired this that you should write it. Hint, Hint. I'm sure not gonna do it. I'd still love to see it...

HT
carocali chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Oh man, you're killing me again! Dean just broke my heart. I'm so glad in the program that it looked like he was willing to let go and not make the BEYOND ultimate sacrifice. That would be awful to live a life like that; becoming what you hunt! Thank you for giving him another chance. Poor tortured soul that he is!

You write this so eloquently and you tear at my heartstrings as I want Dean to be happy. You've done it again, my friend. Let me go grab a tissue.

:D

Caroline
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Oh, Pixel, what a wonderful piece. And yes, you had me crying...again. I wondered what Dean would decide if he had the chance, and you described the "wrong choice" so brilliantly. I just loved the paragraphing again of how Dean "waits". "Dean, unable to see his younger brother suffer any longer, chooses to go elsewhere and wait". Oh God, how that hurts. All the emotion, all the pain, and the acute lonliness Dean felt. And thank you for giving Dean a second chance. I'm not sure I could have taken it otherwise. You have a genuine talent; thanks for sharing it with us...again.
vaguely amused chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
oh, my holy crap. that was absolutely beautiful and perfect and im sitting here crying at my computer and its all your fault.
Jellicle chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
This one left me in shock! I recced it on my lj because, seriously, it's just... wow. Not words to describe it, just wow.
princess serena chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
oh sweet lord i don't think i've ever cried so much in my life! That was so sad but such a beautiful ending. Oh you are just such a genius. You have a real way with words! Well done!