Reviews for Nocturne
Clairvoyant12 chapter 20 . 3/24/2010
What a captivating story, sexy, angsty, always clever with its twisty turns. I was always surprised when a disguise had been lifted to reveal the true young Phoenix beneath, especially Thanatos and Miss Sigurdson. The defeat of the Dark Lord was surprising as well, not the usual chaotic battle, but a well-thought out and executed plan, much like a game of chess. Very satisfying. And onto the final chapter...
noybate chapter 20 . 3/24/2010
I have been enjoying this story very much. The tension and pacing is superb. But I'm just a little confused about one point. I thought that Nott had been captured and used in a Kingsley death, and yet you have him as one of the Death Eaters when Voldie collapes. Nott Sr perhaps? No matter really. I'm looking forward to the wrap up.
Atreyu Abraxas Black chapter 20 . 3/24/2010
Absolutely brilliant! Harry bloody Potter!
Mazzy21 chapter 20 . 3/24/2010
Bravo! I had thought I knew who Thanatos was - even though you threw us a bit with that poster - and voila! It was just who I'd thought. :)

This has been a great ride and I look forward to seeing what happens to our players in the 'after'.
sbrande chapter 20 . 3/24/2010
AWESOME chapter. So it was Harry Potter who was Hermione's body guard, very clever. I thought it would be Ron or perhaps one of his brothers.

Thank you for picking this back up as I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Love Sonia :)
oscarg chapter 20 . 3/23/2010
So close to the end now! Love the imagery of the black and white chess theme. And how appropriate for Hermione to be the white queen. Thanatos had to be Harry of course. How else for the prophecy to be fulfilled? But I do hope we find out what happened to Ron as well.
arynwy chapter 20 . 3/23/2010
Very nice wrap-up. I like the fact that it was so very controlled and low-key. I guess all of the characters have had more than enough drama, so none was needed here. And yay, I guessed Hannah and Harry correctly. But where is Ron? Does this mean that he was the only real member of the Trio hanging from the gate?

I look forward to the last bit. I hope that Hermione and Severus will be in contact soon and maybe they will be able to be something more now. I wish you happy writing!
luvinthunder chapter 19 . 3/18/2010
I was so happy when I seen this story pop back up in my email alerts.

You are doing a wanderful job.

Thank you.
arynwy chapter 19 . 3/18/2010
I really, truly adore this story. In a way, it reminds me (in a good way) of Orson Scott Card's Battle-school children and what they had to go through. I've read this straight through and I am very glad that I joined the readership towards the end - I wouldn't want to have waited for the earlier chapters, lol!

I have found the substitutions you've made for characters that were killed off early, but essential to the winning of this war extremely interesting. Lavender for Cho? We are talking a complete 180 in her outlook to be able to pull that off even for awhile, not to mention as long as she did. I can see Dean as Kingsley. Draco as Harry made me laugh, however it made perfect sense. Who else but his arch-rival would have studied Harry so well in the past?

I'm still trying to figure out where you stashed Ron and Harry. I keep wanting to make one of them Thanatos. I want to make Hannah Abbot, Tom's personal secretary.

I enjoyed watching Severus come back to life. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him withdraw from the board after such a monumental failure. It was interesting as to how you put him back into play and to watch his growing respect for his past students. It was even more interesting to see Ginny speak up when it came to trusting him.

I look forward to the endgame. Until then, I wish you happy writing!
sci-fied chapter 19 . 3/17/2010
O, this chapter has such foreboding! Can't wait for more...

lipasnape chapter 19 . 3/17/2010
Exciting read. Excited wait.
sci-fied chapter 13 . 3/17/2010
The way the letter revealed to his touch...just, WOW!

Totally awesome...

sci-fied chapter 12 . 3/17/2010
Hmm...what an interesting move to prove his dedication. I certainly would never have considered relinquishing some hair to be leverage, but then again, I'm not a witch or a stupendous writer...

sci-fied chapter 11 . 3/17/2010
Invisible owls...how clever!

This story is fabulous so far, and I still have nearly a dozen chapters to read yet.

lipasnape chapter 18 . 3/17/2010
I've been wondering why this story has not inspired more reviews and now I think it is because it is too macabre. Blood and gore but so much more: hatred and coldness on all sides for a very long time. I must have missed the reason for sacrificing the Chinese failure and by means of long torture... but her acceptance of that fate is way too heavy ... all the way to silence.
434 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »