Reviews for Nocturne
TCFellows chapter 7 . 12/23/2006
This very good, I am so glad you updated. Please don't make it too long!
Sophiax chapter 7 . 12/23/2006
This is very good. Your descriptions are rich and yet full of clues, and this false identity game is intriguing... who's who? And will Severus (and the readers) discover the truth soon? I certainly hope so! Please update soon...

-S
Guinnevere chapter 7 . 12/23/2006
Another fine chapter. The flashback to the capture and rape of the three Resistance girls - I'm supposing them to have been Ginny, Luna and Hermione, but there are not enough clues to be sure - is quite harrowing and mournful, but tolerably so. You write with obvious sympathy for the victims, and make it clear that Severus would have stopped the outrage if he could. But since he couldn't, he did the next best thing: he got the survivors out, and paid the price in pain for having been 'careless' about keeping his master's toys for future 'fun and games.'

Well done, you, and well done, Severus. Good work.

(Minor critical comment: more typos and spelling errors this time - I presume because of your full schedule. No big deal.)
lipasnape chapter 7 . 12/23/2006
Wonderful. Nocturne could be Hermione, but not necessarily. I vote for Lavander in view of reputation and I like to think that Madam is Hermione. I wonder how long you plan to maintain the glamour. How do you justify it, anyway? It is one thing when your Narator!Snape does not know so he cannot tell us, quite another when he does know. Do write on, please.
Brisinggammen chapter 6 . 11/18/2006
This story is so interesting. The guessing game is brilliant. Would the real Pansy refer to Hermione with her given name - probably not. So who is pansy? Saphire must be Lavender. Luna could be just Luna - but... Oh, and who is Nocturne and Lareine. Both could be Hermione - but then wouldn't he be able to tell from their handwriting? As you can see, you have us all guessing a lot. Very enjoyable. This is a great story so far.
jujubee chapter 6 . 11/15/2006
I love your stories. I'm very intrigued by this one. Write more soon.
caseyff chapter 6 . 11/14/2006
I'm joining the ranks of your readers (pointed here by hgss digest LJ). I wasn't sure in the beginning but at this point, particularly with this chapter, I'm convinced that you're going somewhere different, somewhere interesting with this story. So, I'm here for the duration, hoping you'll hang on to your determination to finish it.

I like that your approach to 'the DarkLord won' isn't depressingly dark. You seem to have mysteriously scrambled the familiar characters leaving me unsure who's who, who's dead and who's alive. It's fun sorting the clues. I also like your take on Snape, a measure of self-loathing without drowning in angst. (I'm really tired of angst.) Finally, I appreciated that this chapter was alittle longer and hope the next one appears soon, i.e. before I've forgotten 95% of what I've just read. ;)
Katrianna Sly chapter 6 . 11/13/2006
What a great story. So different from many I've read. Update very soon, please?
kahlua chapter 6 . 11/12/2006
really interesting story! keep up the good work
cmwinters chapter 6 . 11/8/2006
This is a really phenomenal bit of writing - you don't usually see this level of quality in fanfiction.

And although you're two chapters behind on SH, I'm going to pick up reading you there, I believe, as I am absolutely in love with Mage. :)
Autumnmist chapter 6 . 11/5/2006
Interesting. So I assume that we know now for sure that Harry and Ginny are actually really alive. I can't tell whether Nocturne or Mme. Lareine is Hermione, but I assume Nocturne since you're posting this as SS/HG. Though, perhaps the Lareine-Snape romance could happen now that she's "collaborating" with him. I also guess that Nocturne's bodyguard is Draco (the strong reaction to Lucius, the hair, the intelligence to keep up with Nocturne's chess metaphors). So then who is Lareine? Is she actually Luna Lovegood (e.g. Snape overheard Pansy and Lareine's conversation)? But if so, then is Pansy actually on the good side? Hm hm... Looking forward to more. My one problem is that it's not clear why they couldn't fake Charlie's death (have him take another poison, transfigure a fake corpse-between Ginny and Harry's magical powers I'd think they would have the ability to do so).
Guinnevere chapter 1 . 11/5/2006
This story is intriguing, but woeful, so I can't help wishing that Hermione will turn out to be Not Dead as fully as Harry and Ginny. I want to believe that she's somehow disguised herself as Nocturne, and that her bodyguard is also someone thought to have been killed by the Death Eaters, but I can't guess how that could be possible.

Yet Harry is alive, Ginny is alive, even Neville is alive, and there's obviously Something Up with the Syrons (Sirens? luring the Dark Lord to be dashed against the rocks of the Resistance?), so I'm hopeful.

Good story; please update again, soon. Good job.
alitheia7 chapter 6 . 11/5/2006
Ah! The mystery! So.. had Hermione arranged for the

"rebels" to make a Horcrux before the last battle? At

times I think Hermione is Madame Lareine and others Nocturne.

Or perhaps, she is both. An older and younger version.

Still. The story is wonderful!
GinnyW 31 chapter 6 . 11/4/2006
Very detailed and well-written chapter. Lots of information, if only I could figure it all out. So, how are they all alive? And it surprises me that noticing these people alive that he doesn't think immediately about Hermione being possibly alive as well. And which one is Hermione? That's still bothering me, although I'm sticking with my original guess and saying that it's Nocturne. I am still wondering about why she doesn't/can't speak. Okay, please update soon. :)
lipasnape chapter 6 . 11/4/2006
As interesting and intriguing as the previous chapters. Why did Charlie have to die if they were aware of the poison? Why didn't they fake his death as they did with so many others before? I do not ask for answers now, I just hope you will cover all details by the end of the story.
446 | « Prev Page 1 .. 18 25 26 27 28 29 .. Last Next »