Reviews for Fooled Around and Fell in Love
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
No SallyXLightning forever
Peaches of History chapter 4 . 7/15/2011
This is VERY well written. I've never read any Mater/Sally fics, but I'm actually enjoying this one! I like your writing style and chapter length, too. All of the characters are spot-on, as well. I hope to see an update some time in the near future!
Ok chapter 4 . 6/26/2011
So what's going on with Sarge and Mia? Is Sarge trying to push Mia towards Fillmore?
tortue0711 chapter 4 . 7/23/2010
Oh that was good! I hope you update! This is getting really good!
tortue0711 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh this good. I like it. I would have never thought that Mater and Sally would make a good pair but, they do. A bit weird, but, I don't care. I am into those weird pairings.

Anyway, back to the story, I like it and I am going to start reading the next chapter soon.
foreignconcepts chapter 4 . 5/29/2009
What the - why didn't I get a story alert for this! If I had, I would have gotten to reviewing much sooner. Sorry about that.

Everyone has dealt with such extreme emotions and pain in this chapter, yet none of them seem out of place or out of character in doing so. Sarge was pretty nasty to Mia but I can't see him reacting any other way. At first I couldn't remember why Sally was making weekly trips to the hospital but then I remembered that she was feeling guilty about Minny and Van. She is really beating herself up, agonizing over the small things like cost of printing a map. The only part I didn't understand was when Mater lamented letting Doreen get away, Sally said that once she had dealt with Minny they would fix his regrets too. Wouldn't Sally have been the "fix" for Mater's regrets - she is the next romantic interest in his life. Or is that what you meant, that once she finished dealing with her guilt, she feels that she could move forward with her relationship with Mater?

The resolution between Minny and Van at the end was very touching as well though. I loved it and I'm so glad you finally got this chapter out to us! (Now I must do the same... hmm...)

Sarah
Twilit Violet chapter 4 . 5/27/2009
When I got the alert for this new chapter I about had total engine failure! XD Never a dull moment here. I admire your ability to handle multiple scenarios so smoothly and all in one chapter. This story has so many great angles! Oh, and you're welcome! _
i ain't givin' it chapter 3 . 12/9/2008
You know, that was horrible. Sally was portrayed as one who overreacts and does something crazy about ti without thinking. She's not like that. I know, Lightning wasn't being fair either, and you shouldn't have put that he was enjoying the twins (he's changed remember?). WEll, that's all I have to say... oh! Mater is not even an option for sally's new beau IF she ever got another one after a bad, bad experience (like death).
Life Is A Highway66 chapter 3 . 3/6/2008
Aww, this was amazing as always! I love it! And I liked Mia's part at the beginning :] And there was me thinking that you had forgotten about this one :[
classycontour chapter 3 . 2/29/2008
Amazing, as always! You really know how to add the detail without going over-board. Yes, this still flows wonderfully and, just like your detail, your writing style continues to become more appealing. Your already interesting plot between Sally and Mater took a great turn when you brought in her parents. The way you described their "proper outlook on life" was entertaining. I felt it really showed the true differences between the upper and lower classes of today's societies. I think you presented their disapproval in the relationship very well. Great scene at the bottom, I sure hope things can work out between the two. It's good to see this story back in the game, I look forward to the next chapter!

Kelsey
Grips chapter 3 . 2/28/2008
i didn't realize that you had more than once fic in the works! i skimmed past the description of this one several months ago, i believe, but never noticed that you were the author.

you've certainly got me hooked, though i'm most interested in seeing what happens between sarge and mia.

you've complimented me on my writing before, but after reading this i realize i could learn a lot from you! very well done, highly surpasses anything i've written (and i consider myself a fairly good writer)
foreignconcepts chapter 3 . 2/27/2008
I love your attention to detail. Have I ever mentioned that? :) The contrast between Sally's upscale office in Los Angeles and the Cozy Cone decor in Drew's mind really painted quite the picture. And of course, Mater is always a gentlecar... wanting Sally not to consummate their relationship out of anger, despite her obvious desire for him at the time.

I must say, even though I'm not a real big fan of the pairing (although have to give you kudos for actually pairing them up!) I do like how you write them.

Keep up the good work,

Sarah
Twilit Violet chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
YOU’RE WELCOME! _

Man, I just love the amount of detail and colorful descriptions you’re putting into this fic! Even the little things, like describing the sound of popcorn crunching, the flecks of rust on the sleeping mat, and the hairs on Drew’s brand-new tires, all paint an incredibly vivid picture.

LOLed at “Mater, Sally needs her wheel back,” and “Dang, I kin’t make a good impression if I fell in wet cement,” and the remark about good towing capacity. BWAHAHAHA! XD

“I’m the proprietor of a small business,” YOU TELL ‘EM, MATER! God, I love that line.

Poor fella. He SO needs love!
Twilit Violet chapter 2 . 2/25/2008
LOL, Mater's just too dang funny not to love! Traffic cones or no, I'd have kissed him anyway. _

Poor Minny and Van! Especially Minny. She sacrifices so much for that crazy husband of hers. Hope they'll be okay.

It's refreshing to see that there's so much more to the twins (well Tia, anyway) than meets the eye.

I love how you've got so much going on at once in this fic. You're keeping a good pace that doesn't throw too much at your readers at once while at the same time it doesn't lag at all. Kudos!

Chapter three ahoy!
Twilit Violet chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Well, I decided to reread the whole fic again since you're updating now and I can't believe I never reviewed it before. This is so good, how could I not have reviewed? Bad, bad me! XP

Anywho... AWESOME AWESOMENESS! This story totally rocks! I’m adding it to my favorite stories and alerts right now. Funny thing, I was never too crazy about the Lightning/Sally pairing. It always seemed kinda forced to me, in that he's-a-hot-guy-she's-a-hot-girl-so-let's-throw-them-at-each-other-in-the-end sort of way. Mater is, was, and always will be my fave Cars character, and he definitely deserves some love. _

LMAO at “she did the most vengeful, bitchy thing she could think of” and “She done kissed me first!” XD

On to chapter two! CHARGE!