Reviews for If Cats Could Cry
Isabella chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Oh, dear. It made me cry
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This was a said story. You deskribed everything in a very poetic way.
Toffrox33 chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
I don't usually read McGonagall fics; I guess I never really 'got' her character. But this was a beautifully written story about her relationship with Snape. Especially with the use of her Cat POV, I it was a totally unique perspective on Snape and McGonagall and I really enjoyed it :)

Thank you for this great read!

Hedwig-Nycteas Scandiacas chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
Oh dear, this is fabulous. You're writing is so

beautiful and so forlorn, I cried when I read it. I

see love and care and guilt and sadness, and

also sorrow. I love the title and how you write

about Minerva's actions, and the emotional

struggle of her as a cat, caressing Severus

Snape like a mother cat with her kittens. I love

cats myself, and I really, really love this story,

maybe you can write more stories of Minerva in

other animals' perspectives!
EggDupont chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
DoubleCaramel chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This is truly a fantastic piece. Brilliant descriptions, you truly give the reader an idea of what is happening. You make us feel. I also like how you explored it: I want to tell Minerva what really happened, yet I can't and (in this universe) she will probably never know. Still, this was beautifully done and a pleasure to read. Well done!
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
I am honestly and utterly speechless, struck dumb by the desperate beauty of what you've written. It's astounding, truly amazing what you've created here, and I commend you for it. Your similies and the images you create are original and familiar all at once, and there is not a single line that feels even slightly wrong. Utterly, utterly perfect. I especially love the contrast between McGonagall's reaction and that of her cat-body, who "circles demurely".
gooseberrie chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Oh God. This was just... so beautiful. Your description is AMAZING, and even though I don't often go for Severus/Minerva, I've got to say you've got me convinced with this one. Absolutely fantastic. Well done! :)
Principi Phantasia chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Wow this is beautiful. I love your choice of words and the way you convey Minerva's feelings as a cat.

I love how you showed that they have a special relationship, who he is to her (near the end).

I can relate to her being against his evilness, yet loving him too (in a non-romantic way) and hating that he is dead.

Also, since you wrote this before DH came out, you are such a good predictor haha ;)
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Gosh, this was beautiful.

I never really thought about what Severus's and Minerva's relationship would be, but this was really fascinating. I was a little confused at first, because it seemed a little off from canon - but then I realised you wrote it before Book 7 even came out. Oddly, with a few tweaks, it still could have fit DH really well.

I loved the title - if cats could cry, and how she came upon his dead body as a cat.

"...knows with utter certainty that he is glad to have died."

I have to say, this line was one of my favorites - it nearly made me cry! All in all, brilliant piece, and so well-written it takes my breath away.
thedarklordsfavoritedungeonbat chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
this story was very well written. I too have to confess that I am intrigued by the relationship between these two particular characters and while I cannot wait for the last movie in the series I feel Snapes death in the book was a complete injustice! Thank you for writing such a lovely story. I like cats even though they make me sneeze.
PropertyoftheHBP chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Possibly one of the most beautiful Sev FF's I have read to date. Your expression is beautiful and it creates vivid imagery. I felt like I was there.
the real snape chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
A very well-written story! I loved the way the cat's reactions are sufficiently catlike to be believable, yet it's a very human Minerva's thoughts.

Here through the recommandation of kelly chambliss at Livejournal, by the way. (Community crack_broom)
perverse-idyll chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
This is so beautifully written, full of poetry and sorrow and darkness, and informed by the ambiguity that surrounds Snape's character. I love the desolation of the landscape, the litany of the names of the dead, the implication that the truth about Snape's death is forever unknowable. There's a weariness and careful honoring in the physical attention paid to his dead body, his dark memory, compounded by the rain's mournfulness and the hint that Minerva retains her cat form because it makes grieving easier.

You paint such an indelible picture with so few words, a skill I admire. So much more haunting and emotionally complex than what the last book gave us.
Niemand5 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
This was magnificently written. All of the details, and the long, almost frantic tone of the last sentence were absolutely perfect.