Reviews for Final Fantasy VI: Children of the Magi
saintjimmy84 chapter 3 . 11/28/2011
Masterfully done. You're a brilliant writer. Seems like this story has gone into hibernation, though, which is a true tragedy. Final Fantasy VI was, in my opinion, the best of the series, and I would enjoy reading a full novelization, but so many of the ones written have been mediocre and I usually lose interest after a few chapters, simply because they don't do justice to the world made by Squaresoft. I've added this story to my favorites list, so if you ever get around to writing another chapter I'll be right here waiting. :-D

SJ84
PenWraith chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
Hey, nice story you got here!

...plz include Shadow! ;
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
Still like the story - you're great at novelization.

I hope you'll keep writing it.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 2 . 12/13/2007
I like the story; your good at portraying the game. Please keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/4/2007
Dang...that was really good,you should update it.i loved it.

please make more.
Xenomorph chapter 2 . 11/30/2007
I'm almost at a loss for words here. This is an excellent novelization (and I can only hope my in-progress novelization of FFI turns out half this good); all the added depth is absolutely wonderful. I love some of the little details you added in (like Biggs and Wedge's last names, har), and how you not only added all that depth and detail, but provided reasoning for and explanation of it as well. It's really stunning; I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this story!

As far as recommendation, there are a few grammatical and typographical errors here and there ('polite' for 'pilot' at the beginning of this chapter, for example). There are a couple of stylistic things that I, myself, would change, but as such things are personal preference to a great degree, I won't pass judgment on them.

Overall, this is a superb story, which I will definitely keep watching. I hope you'll be able to update soon!
Peptuck chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
This chapter is pretty good. I can definitely tell, right off the bat, that you put a lot of thought and work into this prologue, simply based on its sheer size and depth. Its quite meaty for a prologue, and it took me a few days to cut it up and chew it all down.

Overall, your delivery regarding Terra and Celes, especially their distinct differences in personality and basic control of emotions and their gifts, really shines and reflects their characters and differing circumstances and backgrounds. I also found the characterizations of Cyne and Cid to be very good; Cyne already stands out as a great OC, and several scenes in the prologue - particularly the various parts where Terra goes berserk - were riveting.

I did have a few quibbling issues with some bits of the story, like how Terra was apparently supposed to be walking around alone when she started torching people; most people don't let normal six-year olds run around unsupervised, and I was surprised that Cyne and the Empire would let a special child like Terra free, especially considering how dangerous it was. But I can look ast this, because the scene was so well-written, and the rest of the prologue flows very smoothly and logically.

Regarding the ending, where Cyne briefs Biggs and Wedge (whose last names I caught and smiled at) - a real special forces team perfomring a mission like this - deep penetration into hostile territory with minimal support - would have rehearsed and practiced the mission incessantly for a while before deploying. I can understand the necessities of time constraints, however, that would have limited how much they could practice before launching the mission. Though I found the idea of them using the Magitek armors as stealthy and precision weapons to be rather amusing :P

I'm curious as to how you're going to handle the tech level in this story; FFVI always struck me as an odd mixture of technology; you've got Renassiance-level swords and general technology for many areas of the world, with steampunk/early 1900s technology elsewhere, and there's the Empire, which looks like futuristic World War II-era technology. If the Empire is so technologically advanced, it would make sense for the much less advanced nations aligning against it to decide to rely on magic to even the odds.

Overall, an extremely good prologue here, though quite meaty for a prologue in my opinion. But I love meat. :D
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Well bond, I must say this is a good start. I like the liberties you are taking with it. Very important when writing a novelization. Hope to read more in due time
Xiong Su chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Very good first chapter, Bond! I finally got around to reading it, after all ;)

I think if people just wanted the story of FFVI without the artistic liberties you are taking with it, they'd just play the game instead. :P