Reviews for A Familiar Face
fanka77 chapter 12 . 12/13/2012
Sweet!
formerAnnie chapter 12 . 8/11/2009
honestly, I have never read a stargate story that was THIS good...I just LOVED it! No critism whatsoever. :)
Fishy Rainboots chapter 12 . 8/23/2008
Great job. I really enjoyed it! Excellently written, entertaining, and overall fantastic!
Eternal Density chapter 12 . 8/18/2008
that was quite a mystery, with a very good surprise payoff. nice bit of writing :D
jenetri chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
Your writing style is good. You have talent. The only problem with this story is that Jackie is one of the worst Mary Sues ever.

- only 24

- Ph.D. in theoretical Astrophysics

- Ph.D. in Ancient mythology, with a focus on religion

- 30 languages and/or dialects

This is just too extreme. Very unrealistic. Even if you like to make her very smart it is very improbably that someone is interested in two so different subjects as astrophysics and ancient mythology. They have absolutely nothing in common. This combination is very unrealistic. Also even Daniel Jackson didn't learn all the languages he knows he such a small amount of time. When should Jackie have learned them all? She had to learn for her two Ph.D., too.

Your story would be much better if you make her a little more stupid. Let her be an expert in astrophysics OR mythology, not both. As an expert in mythology she could know a few ancient languages but not so many modern ones. In contrast to that a astrophysican need even lesser language skills. The knowledge of more than five modern languages is unrealistic in this case.

Original characters can enrich a story but they must be written well. Mary Sues are just stupid.
Padme4000 chapter 12 . 1/12/2007
this was great
BettyHall223 chapter 12 . 12/28/2006
Liked this story, although it was a little confusing at times with the flashbacks. A sequel would be nice.
Neverafraid chapter 1 . 11/16/2006
Excellent story! Well written, very true to the characters and places inside the stargate universe. The story was original, however the "fake the death" piece has been over used as of late (through no fault of your own, it just seems to be a popular "gotcha"), but you implemented it well with the plot and made it believable. The greatest strength of this piece is also it's greatest weakness. I personally love the literary use of telling the story then going back and filling in the missing pieces. It allows for a lot of "AH HA!" moments which are fun. It was a very nice touch "finishing" the scenes where the reader could tell that not everything had been revealed. However, during some of these flashbacks, I felt like I was reading the same exact thing I read a few pages back (and in some cases this was true). In my opinion, you don't need to repeat an entire section of story to catch the reader up. In most cases a few sentences along with the specific time would be more than enough to pull the reader back to the point in time you are picking up at (as long as you doing this linearly and not time hopping all around). Something as simple as "Flash back: two days ago" and a few sentences to show the reader which part of the day you were referring to would be more than enough. Just an observation.

Great story all around! Very engaging, with the ending being a nice lead out of the story. Certainly goes into my favorites list.
scottiedog chapter 12 . 9/30/2006
This story was really good!

Too bad you do not have a sequel to this!

Good Job!