Reviews for One Good Turn
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
A beautiful story of the caring the human hearts are capable of - Charlie's, Don's, Larry's and yours. Thanks for writing this.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Aww...good story. I'm sorry to hear about the real life rabbit and the imaginary one.
Azolean chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Actually, I appreciated this little fic more than you might expect. I'm an odd one when it comes to hurt or suffering. I can deal with a person being in pain, but seeing an animal suffer breaks my heart.

I've worked in animal rescue and had to stop because I wanted to do to those people what they did or let happen to the animals they were supposed to be caring for or protecting.

It's good to know I'm not the only one out there that can instantly form some kind of emotional bond with an animal, wild or otherwise, and care about its suffering; especially when it was something so harmless and helpless.

Thank you for taking the time to write this fic and share that little experience. Yeah, it sucks to have to deal with something like that; glad you found a way of dealing that at least gave me some hope for humanity. lol I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
Robby chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
What a sweet story! I liked it.

And something important for me: it is very well written. Your style (is this the right word?, im not a native speaker) makes it easy to follow the story and I think your description and choice of words fits the characters.
Library Bum chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I can actually understand what you mean...some time ago, my cat caught a young rabbit and I was able to get it away from him before it was too late. I let it go, but I still wonder what happened to it. It's not wierd at all to feel an attachment to a wild animal, especially one that you've rescued...that's only human.

Great story, like how Don made Charlie feel better.
Lutralutra chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
Not sure what you mean about 'bright', but I thought this story was very bright, in my definition! I can easily imagine Charlie getting so attached to something he only knows for a few moments. That's his caring, open personality. And Don's method of helping him out afterward was perfect. You write the two brothers very well - kudos to you!
anonymous chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
hello. just wanted to say i love your writing and i can't wait for a new story. i love the brother relationship the way you write it. perfection. it's always great to see the characters in a show or book or whatever care so much about each other. i love all your friendship stories. they're great. thanks for sharing them here.
Andrew-Squee chapter 1 . 11/18/2006
i found it intriguing.

i like rabbits. :)
Deej1957 chapter 1 . 11/13/2006
This is a lovely story and I know just how you felt when you found the rabbit, because I could feel it when Charlie did. I hope writing it helped you!
BeckyS chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
It's a beautiful piece, and I'm really glad you wrote it up. From a story standpoint, it's an unusual topic and handled somewhat unusually for fanfic - there are so many dramatic, lifechanging stories out there, but this is just one of the small moments of life that really happen, and it's affected me more than all the Charlie-whumping stories out there. It's real. It's true. And I thank you for reaching down into your heart, into your pain, and putting it all on paper for us. Truly a memorable story. FYI, I found it via the C2 collection "There is no Spoon." Becky
SaJi chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
I really enjoyed reading this piece even though it was sad. I don't question the 'attachment to a wild animal' at all. A life is a life and anyone willing to help to save and or help another living being is truelly a remarkable person. Attachments and the meeting of two souls doesn't have to take time or familiarity, all it can take is a simple look or touch.
LoriM chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
You are not only a wonderful writer you are also a lovely human being.
merryw chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I think it was wonderful - and totally understandable. Good for you stopping to take care of the rabbit. Who knows how long the poor little thing might have suffered in the wild before he ultimatley died anyway?

I think your actions were admirable and your story was wonderfully believable. I hope it helped you to write it down.
Patty chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Thanks! Although I'm awfully sorry about the injured rabbit

I'm very glad you wrote this little story. It warms my heart

and if everyone responded in kind, it'd be a much better, happier world.
Timespirt chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Author's Notes, cont'd: Okay, so you may be thinking 'why the attachment to a wild animal?' I honestly don't know. I just know that, for some reason, this rabbit not making it really bothered me. I really wanted to go and do what Don made Charlie do, but instead I chose to write. It's a lot more cathartic for me anyway. Sorry it wasn't very bright, but I wasn't in a very bright mood. Hope you enjoyed the piece, though. Thanks for reading.

Hey,

I have done it myself before, many times. Sometimes the animals lived sometimes they didn't but I always felt like you did, and I would always stop. Human compassion and a love of nature is a good thing. Your not alone. Sad but very good piece of writing and I like the idea that Don came to his rescue.

Timespirt