Reviews for Eyes Wide Open
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Great story.
BattleHamster chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
If you'll forgive the cliche, I have some good news and some bad news for you.

The good: I quite liked it. It seemed like something that someone (who's a fairly introspective person) would think after an experience like that.

The bad: I'm not convinced that's Legolas. It seems too sheltered a background for someone who has grown up in a forest that's called_Mirkwood_for a number of reasons, e.g. Shelob's kids. Up until recently, his next-door neighbor was Sauron. At about the same time our dear Dark Lord left, Legolas's father and a host of his people (quite likely him as well, though it never specifically says so) participated in a battle where many of them were killed. He seems quite capable while he's with the Fellowship, even if he isn't part of Aragorn's dream team to tackle Mordor. So even if he "probably achieved the least of the Nine Walkers," to quote Tolkien, he probably isn't that sheltered.
IchikoKitsuneKoumori chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
This seems to be a very true way of thinking.
Hannah chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
I really liked this story! I don't read much fanfiction, but I write it a lot. But this was well written. Not to be mean or anything, but in some parts there were a few mispelled words. Otherwise, it was AWESOME!
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
It doesn't suck.

It is so true what you say. In fact, I've been noticing it a lot more now that I am in colledge. It is happening more frequently. Expessually with the war in Iraq going on right now. Keep them safe.

From what I got from Legolas's personality, he didn't see much of Middle Earth. Instead, he was stuck in the palace. He also, when he hears a gull cry, begins the longing for the sea. This fic is so true and so fitting, and also sad. (Not everything in life is happy.)
awerebear chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
I can totally relate to that, and I have to say 10 out of 5 stars
islington bus no. 199 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
It was great, so sad, but all the same, very true. Sorry if I seem to say sad is a bad thing, i seem to do that a lot but i don't mean to.

You have a lot of great thoughts and i think i might now go and do something, though i don't know what.