Reviews for What Did He Tell You, Dean?
Mayah Nance chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
OMG I bet that is what John told Dean, but Dean didn't tell Sammy at the hospital so that's hot me kinda confused. On the contrary it was an amazing prediction and I think that's how it shouldn've went down.
amyblair chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Aw, this is really good. I don't know what John actually said to Dean, but this is probably pretty close. And if Sam is the one, he is certainly showing some colors right now!

Nice job. Really enjoyed it.
Janiqua chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
Quick note on your endnote... John didn't tell Sam anything. He told Dean something.

Anyway, I've got no IDEA what John said, but I agree it HAD to have been about Sam. Let's review the facts. Sam's obviously psychic. The Demon killed his mom and Jess 'cause they got in the way of his plans. But the Demon obviously doesn't care about whether or not Dean lives or dies, so it has to be something about women in general... mothers... wives... It's clearly not about brothers. So... what can a woman give to a guy that his brother can't? I think that if you can answer THAT question, you might be able to solve this little mystery...

Yeah. And so it's pretty clear Sam's a target, and therefore needs protection. You'd think the psychic warrior would be perfectly capable of taking care of himself, but it's pretty obvious that John wants Sam to remain sheltered and with a bodyguard.

It's a pretty huge secret if you ask me, and there's so many possibilities that I don't even know where to begin! Anyway, I can't WAIT to find out!
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I liked it.

I don't believe that John told Dean anything bad. He told Dean not to be afraid and when he whispered to him, Dean didn't look horrified, just confused. I could see Dean wanting to go after his Dad to talk to him and being to weak still to move very fast. We know that Sam went to Dean's room after finding their father.

I like your interpetation of the missing moment.

Thanks for sharing your story. chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
This is along the same lines as I was thinking. I can't believe that John would be as callous as to tell Dean that he made a deal with the demon to save Dean's life. That would be too much to put on Dean's concience especially after apologizing for making him grow up so early.
KatieLB chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I cant get enough of these little missing scenes from this episode.. .im a missing scene junkie as it is but this episode gave us so much to work with. good job
infinite shadow chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I really liked this. Definitely could see John saying those things to Dean. And the line you have to protect him even from himself was perfect. I could totally see this happening Sam and Dean's reactions were bang on. Thanks for sharing this.

infinite shadow
stealthyone chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I like your idea here of what John told Sam:

“Dean, you have to trust me. Sammy’s the one. He’s going to end all this. You have to protect him with everything you have. You have to protect him, even from himself.”

This definitely sounds like something John could have said. He reveals a little bit of info, but not everything. Just enough to set Dean on the right path. And I really like that he goes on to tell Dean to tell Sam that he loves him.

Favorite lines:

Dean became aware that Sam tightly clutched one of his hands. He hadn’t let go even in sleep.

Yay, Sam’s touching Dean! Something that really bugged me about the ep was that Sam never physically touched Dean. Yeah, there was deep emotion written all over Sam’s face, but still … It’s good to see some physical demonstration of his love here.

Sam let go of Dean’s hand. Dean ached from the lack of warmth.

I really like that, how Sam releasing his hand has such an effect on him.

Nicely done.
KateCayce chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Wow! Great theory on what Papa John said!
JRAismine chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Great story! I've been trying to think what John could have whispered to Dean to cause the look Dean got on his face. I know he didn't tell him what he had planned or Dean would have freaked out. Your take on the mystery is quite good so I'll go with it! I look forward to more Supernatural stories from you. Thanks for sharing.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I agree that John asked to have his bones salted and burned so that no demon could cause any problems with his body. Not sure about the rest, tho. The demon told John that the boys weren't much of a threat, that he wanted John more than the Colt. Maybe something about Dean being brought back for a special purpose and that maybe he might be a little invincible? I'm sure anxious to find out!

I loved this little story. I wish there was more time on the show to have these moments spelled out for us, but then we wouldn't get these great stories from great writers like you! Great job!
sgail chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
Great story! I think that's what John told Dean also. He passed the torch so to speak to the older son. However, I don't think Dean will tell Sam. I just think will become even more protective of Sam. Sam, however, is not going to understand why Dean does some of the things he does, just like he failed to understand his father.
Fantasygirl721 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I think that you did a really nice job. Those could have been John's final words with Dean, it does fit. But what they actually were, maybe we'll know next week. But awesome job with your story.

GB Freak1 chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I loved this piece. I've been going over and over what John could have said to Dean. He couldn't have told Dean what he did because Dean would have flipped out. What you have in your story makes sense. Dean would be confused, but know something is going on. Thanks for a great story. This season looks to be better than the last! Which is saying alot.
reddgemini chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
I loved your story. I hope thats what John whispered to Dean.