Reviews for Never Look at the Sun
Leni chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Um. I love you? I always wondered what had happened to Jet, and this? Is my new canon.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
That is kinda awesome. Especially the way you worked 1) his mind actually functioning, if badly, through the brainwashing and 2) him still fighting and apparently kicking butt with a broom even after the Dai Li are done with him and he can't even recognize the Fire Nation he hated so much. Took not quite everything, just enough to be horrifying. Shee.
meltinglacier chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
This is one of those fics that make me think, "Man, I wish I had thought of that!" I never considered Brainwashed!Jet, and I think that you did a good job writing him.

This story was surreal and disturbing and there is no war in Ba Sing Se because he kept mentioning a certain phrase.

I loved the hints of his real personality that were showing. Espescially the phrase, "This is not an inappropriate use of government materials. The designated purpose of a broom is to clear away debris."

As for the violence, well, the eye part really squicked me out, because I've got an issue with eyes and sharp objects near them. It was jarring and added to the overall effect.

It was very creepy, and I loved it.
a chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
The men are coming closer. Jianyu breaks his broomstick against a stone railing so that the wood forms a nice sharp splintered point. This is not an inappropriate use of government materials. The designated purpose of a broom is to clear away debris.

So jet...
bobalinabokonon chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
A This is excellent. The breaking was so, so creepy and then the violence was...inevitable but still jarring. If that works. Like watching someone be very still and then move suddenly but still slowly, except this is very quick movement into someone's eyes, of course. Eek. So good!
A711owner chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
WOW tht was new, is this Jet in this fic?
Mirrorfaced chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
So true, the world needs more brainwashed!Jet. This fic was so creepy but in a good way, so subtle but Jet and oh gawd, I can't possibly find words for this.
storyinmypocket chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
This is beautiful, elegant, and deeply disturbing. I keep rereading this, because it just... wow.

My favorite line, which, judging from the other reviews, I share with a few others: [There is no war in Ba Sing Se, so the Dai Li encourage the baring of teeth.] ...It's the first hint for me that there's still something of Jet in there, under the Dai Li's manipulation, probably because thinking of it as the baring of teeth seems incredibly Jet-like to me. Gorgeous.
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Oh wow. This may be the most excellent fic I have ever read. It was so subtle and amazing and whoa. You have rendered me incoherent.
Roach Patrol chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Man, this is fucked up and very, very pretty. I love Jet's rationalizations! The whole thing is deliciously creepy.
Goosegurl chapter 1 . 4/5/2008

Everytime I read this fic I want to favorite it again I wish I could leave a more coherent review but everytime I read it I end up just wanting to key smash from the sheer joy.

Thanks :)

*tries to double favorite it anyway XD*
Shadow Wasserson chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
I... kind of wish that something like this had actually happened. The brainwashing we actually saw seemed so... weak in comparison.
Atalanta chapter 1 . 9/22/2007

The end of that gave me chills.
The Pterodactyl chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Wow. Very nice. Nothing like brainwashed Jet're right, there aren't enough of them.

If you haven't played Psychonauts, then don't worry about it, but just because the resemblance was so striking, the Milkman Conspiracy level of said game has the EXACT same tone as this fic, down to the creepy way key phrases are repeated over and over.

Anyway, great job!

The Pterodactyl
SylverEyes chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
This is so creepy and I love it.

The way you wrote it, the style, completely showed how totally different Jet is now, while still having a little of the same old Jet in there.

It's like he's trying to get out, but can't. So he's twisting what he knows now to fit what he knew then.

Perfect. I loved this.