Reviews for A Certain Kind of Light
MissGuided chapter 4 . 2/6/2009
Very funny. Sweet. And sad, too. I particularly enjoyed Emma in this. And Kitty. And Hank. And Scott. And Logan. And Piotr. Did I mention Emma? ;)
Jottma chapter 4 . 10/29/2006
I absouletely loved this story, but chapter Emma was just crazy, crazy good. The way you got in to the characters heads just completely bowled me over. That conversation between Hank and Emma was astounding. I really wish you were writing for Marvel. Thank you so much for creating this story and posting it. This story was jem amidst all the never ending Romy stories that pollute this website. Thanks.
SM chapter 4 . 10/24/2006
That was pretty nice. I thought you had a good handle on all the X-men, and I thought Kitty's whole inability to sing was pretty funny. I like when authors here sort of add in the moments that writers for the actuals books never seem to want to bother with.
Tezza1502 chapter 3 . 10/24/2006
Okay, THIS is lying in a land somewhere FAR beyond surreal! And I'm laughing my arse off enjoying every word of it. Keep up the great work. T
Truest Tears chapter 3 . 10/23/2006
*clap, clap, clap* heheh, that was so funny. Would really like to read more.

Good luck!

-truest tears-
Phoenix-torn chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
this is very funny. X-men and Karaoke...seriously this is my life lol. I just have a question: Where is the title from?
Shadowbox N. Paperchase chapter 2 . 10/18/2006
I think Scott should sing "Always on my mind" like James Marsden sang on Ally McBeal way back in day.

Emma? Ug. That woman drives me crazy.

Great chapter, looking forward to the next...

~pashtess
cleverfox chapter 2 . 10/18/2006
Please write a new chapter soon. When you write the Astonishing cast you actually make me interested in Piotr. You definately give him more to do then Whedon does. Also, could you possibly write a story about Jean or from Jean's P.O.V?

Lastly, I hope you write more long stories, I really enjoy your stuff.
LLB chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Ha! I hope you update soon! This looks like it's going to just get funnier. :) Keep on writing!
The Bud chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
I want to see Beast belt out "Fields of Gold"! By Sting, and Emma break out "Eat It" by Weird Al, and Scott to drown on his undeserved Canadian beer. He only deserves Mexican domestic.
J chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
This was a fantastic chapter. Lockheed certified was genius! As well as the entire Dazzler thing, especially your Emma. She's perfect. Not sure if I would read a kareoke part, but I wish you'd do a sequel to this in spirit - you know, the in-between adventure times, you do it very well.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
Hilarious as always. Loved the exchange about Lockheed as a helper animal and 'picking out Kitty's clothes.'
Lorendiac chapter 1 . 10/1/2006
I liked it! Emma's reaction to the Dazzler poster tickled me particularly, for some reason that I can't rationally explain, since I've never actually heard any of Ali's music myself, so I really shouldn't have an opinion on it one way or the other :)

Later I kinda expected Scott to say to Logan, "Couldn't your superhuman smell have told you if there was explosive materiel inside a package mailed to the mansion without your even needing to open it to make sure there wasn't? If they can train dogs to do that, I'd think you could learn to do the same!" but that's probably a needless effort on my part to apply excessive logic to a humorous situation. (Besides, the X-Men probably have enemies who could find innovative ways to get around the usual external tests for such materiel, now that I think on it.)

I look forward to reading future installments!