Reviews for Gods of Vegas
Electrafixion66 chapter 59 . 1/26/2010
Loved your thoughts on gods. You should listen to the first 3 songs on The The's Mind Bomb album.

"Mind Bomb opens up the music to reveal a slow, winding textured world of sound, thanks in no small means to ex-Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr." FYI, currently of Modest Mouse.

You'll hear such gems as:

"Who is it that can reach down from above and set yours souls ablaze with love. Or fill you with the insanity of violence and it's brother: lust"

Granted you were referring to those who think themselves godlike and therefore have little or no respect for the rights of others, but believing yourself righteous above others has the same affect.
Electrafixion66 chapter 58 . 1/26/2010
That chapter reminded me of this quote (yes, I just watched Loving Annabelle a few weeks ago):

For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.

Rainer Rilke
Electrafixion66 chapter 56 . 1/26/2010
Aw, Heather and Gil. That's sweet. And if you imagine the Manhunter William P instead of the CSI William P, hot too. ;)
Electrafixion66 chapter 55 . 1/26/2010
Did I say Dax was expert at portraying love and lust? Well she'd better move over cuz you are gonna hit that shit til it cries! Your writing gets better and better. Really.
Electrafixion66 chapter 54 . 1/26/2010
And THAT is why people were up in arms about Heather and not so much about Gil. Of course I could not even make that statement were you not so skillfully true to cannon. Bravo to you! :)
Electrafixion66 chapter 51 . 1/26/2010
I gotta say that that is THE most exciting chapter in any of your stories that I read! Shamoogaba!

FYI, "shamoogaba" is what I would say to Jorja Fox, my puppy, when just having her there with me made us both so obviously happy, but I didn't really have anything specific to say to her, so I'd just grin like a fool and exclaim "shamoogaba!" whilst I ruffled her adorable little ears. :-D
Electrafixion66 chapter 48 . 1/26/2010
I hope you save Ben. And Grissom too. And if course lady heather. :)
Electrafixion66 chapter 46 . 1/26/2010
It BETTER be cuz the blast knocks out his hearing for good and not cuz you're gonna kill lady heather. Gr. ;)
Electrafixion66 chapter 44 . 1/26/2010
You did an excellent job with Grissom! Have you ever seen the movie Manhunt? If not, you've gotta see it, William Petersen as a detective hunting a sadistic serial killer, it's one of my favorite movies
Electrafixion66 chapter 42 . 1/26/2010
Even though this story is finished, I'll say anyway, I hope Sophia doesn't decide that if she can't have Sara's complete trust she can't have Sara. Some people can't give their complete trust, because of being let down time and again as a child by the ones they should have been able to put complete trust in. And sometimes even if they feel love, they can't bring themselvs to say the words, because when the words pass there lips they do not expect to be believed. If unrequited love is like a stab in the heart, disbelived love is like ten thousand knives in the heart, which of course means to risk uttering the words is ten thousand times more terrifying that to risk not saying them at all. Actions speak louder than words. Feeling loved by someone is everything compared to hearing sincere sounding yet hollow words thrown at you.

See, I can do angst too. ;)
Electrafixion66 chapter 41 . 1/26/2010
Well, Immi (also one of my fave authors) may have been having fits, but I had faith in you, though was getting a bit impatient. Though I am a sucker for some good angst, some people go way overboard with it, frustrate the reader and make their characters look like self absorbed assholes. You on the other hand, strike a nice balance. I'll bet you could write a kick ss CS ship. Someday maybe?
Electrafixion66 chapter 33 . 1/26/2010
Gr. Now that was evil. You better not drag it out too long. I was beginning to really like the whole Sara/Sophia thing.
Electrafixion66 chapter 31 . 1/26/2010
You know, when Greg walked into that room I was thinking " In real life wouldn't they send the bomb squad in first?". End of a long story, my not so soon as it turned out to be, ex husband that I had a restraining order against broke into my house one night with a zip gun compliments of his army training. After the police stormed my house (many hours after he had arrived) and rescued me and our two children, they questioned me and Paul the guy who had called them, before sending anyone back in. One of their questions was "has he ever boobytrapped anything". Paul and I both said no then looked at each other and snickered (hey, stress'll do that to you) and told them about the time he'd placed a small explosive in his commanding officer's desk drawer to scare him, in our defense, the way he told it had been funny. The cops didn't think so, they promptly called the bomb squad.
Electrafixion66 chapter 30 . 1/25/2010
That chapter was genious! The way you write character interactions is genious.
Electrafixion66 chapter 21 . 1/25/2010
Wow, excllent bombing scene. Sobering.