Reviews for In the Hands of a Hack
Hugh Fisher chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
I don't actually like slash fiction, but I love this story. Plays with the fourth wall, snappy dialogue, crisp writing without a single unnecessary word, and love the twist ending. Great work.
GenericSpider chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Lol, that sounds like...most Yuri fics I've read.
Roflroflrofl chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I've been looking for this story since I read it forever ago, and thanks to a random quote on tvtropes I finally found it again.

I love this parody so much, thank you.
Alphawolf69 chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
*fighting for breath through laughter*

That was brilliant.
chiasypee chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
That. Was. FANTASTIC! :)
RedBlueGreen chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Right from Shego's skin colour shifting because of shoddy description, this is just brilliant. The way they quickly realise their situation, try to find shortcuts to get it over with, then resign themselves to doing the whole process *again*, the weary, long-suffering way they tick off the cliches, - "I'm going to confirm the wood supply for the stove in [typo] inadequate and that we have a single bed and single blanket." - it sparkles with closely-observed wit and knowledge of the subject.

Then there's the details such as the author-baiting "moss-colored" comment, or the arrangement to bring cards, and "real" Shego's upset that Kim isn't couning their trysts. This is one of my favourites.

Their reactions to their "horrible fate" in the ending just knocks it out of the park.
MrDrP chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
This was pretty funny. You trotted out so many Kigo cliches with a very deft hand and much good humor.

My only complaint - the way you dismissed K/R. You went from using a scalpel to swinging a sledgehammer - and ignoring canon, to boot. Kim NEVER gave any indication in the series that she regretted her feelings for Ron.

Effective satire means subverting, not ignoring your source material. You could have left that little jibe out being brain dead and still gone to town on the K/R cliches. Lord knows that there are oodles of those out there - including Ronshine, which you did identify - to be lampooned ...

Anyway, I'm going on longer than anticipated, largely because this story was very good but could have been even better.
Mirenope chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
'Oh God. Oh God! I have all these magazines and... Oh God! OH GOD!' (Quagmire). Damn, that's a funny one.
Rei Hino Scout Of Fire chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
lol that was great. I think you managed to mock every stereotypical Kigo fic out there.
Urban Cowboy chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
I've read this story multiple times and the Ronshine thing always cracks me up. Anyway, great story well done with extra good dialouge. Loved the way you shot down the cliches like you were playing skeet.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 9/6/2007
This was great fun and, for someone who hasn't read a lot of KiGo, a great introduction to the standard thematic tropes of the genre. Shego & Kim going through the motions very definitely made me chuckle. Though - thanks for harshing my mellow with your dismissal of K/R!

Best,

RH
Shrodinger's Kit chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
*falls to the floor in a fit of laughter* Oh man. You pretty much put everything horrible about fanfics and made them the best comedy... I have to say it. The best comedy possible. Ah, okay, thank you for making me not feel like to only one to ever notice 'moss' on the list of skin colors.
PluribusUnum chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
I like how you managed to make fun of both KiGo writers, and what could be considered the more canon writers.
beeftony chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
I'm always amused by those scenes in works of fiction where the characters suddenly become aware of the person who controls their fates. As I read this, for some reason I kept thinking about those old "Looney Tunes" episodes where a giant pencil would come along and screw with Daffy Duck. This sort of situation seems to play out mostly on TV sitcoms (the last one I watched was on "Just Shoot Me"), but it's mostly just one scene. It's nice to have one story completely devoted to it. I especially like the end dialogue because it reminds me of my own difficult transition back to the world of Kim/Ron and Drakken/Shego after reading your very enchanting works. You sure do know how to write KiGo. This one's going on my favorites list.
Azeituna chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
I had a lot of fun reading your fincs. It's really the way of cliclé we always found in Kigo fincs. And you writte well.
45 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »