Reviews for Blood On My Hands
asearcher chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Wow. Powerful story and so Malcolm.

Thanks for the read.
Muirinn chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
Oh, I am so glad I found some time to read this morning. (At work, no less. Sometimes, slow days are a blessing.)

I really loved this one. What an amazing insight into Malcolm's character. He's got this fascinating dichotomy that you've explored wonderfully: a fierce protector who values life, yet will take life to protect. I love it, and, well, as Criminal Justice major, that fascinates me to no end.

Yay for great one-shots!

~Muirinn
Romanse chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
What a perfectly deliscious h/c story that was! I LOVED it! It was tender and the character interpetations were just perfect!

The ending you gave to the story really shows, I thought, what a strong and sensitive writer you are.

Thanks so much for writing that!

Romanse
Kathy Rose chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
Finally got a chance to read this. (I've been busy, you know, and tend not to read other stories while I'm working on my own. :) ) I found it a very "uncomfortable" story, but not in a bad sense. Interesting insight into what Malcolm thinks Trip thinks of him, and his reaction to it. Also made me feel very sad for Malcolm. He was, after all, doing his job, but perhaps feels guilty that he took a visceral pleasure in what happened as it was happening. An interesting exploration of an aspect of a security officer that isn't delved into very often. Good job, volley!
Joy chapter 1 . 10/8/2006
Wonderful as always. A very thoughtful and moving fic. Knowing people who have joined the military, I could emphathize with Trip's state in this fic (I've wondered some of the same questions myself). Malcolm and his responses were very realistic. Thanks for sharing!
tripaholic chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
Hi Daniela,

That was an extremely interesting story to read, and I actually had to wait some time before leaving a review in order to gather my thoughts. At first, I admit I couldn't grasp what all this tension between Trip and Malcolm was about, and I found Trip's behaviour strange, considering his best friend had just saved his life. Thinking about it, however, I realized that having to watch someone you know (or think you know) viciously fight and kill another being in all likelihood would leave you shocked and make you see him in a different light, and it was wonderful to see Malcolm open himself up to Trip in this way. It's one thing to lend and receive sympathy and support and quite another to allow a friend to see one's darkest sides, and even then Malcolm was considerate enough to alleviate Trip's feelings of guilt :-)

Even after your warning of a darker fic to come I didn't expect something like this, but the longer I think about it, the more I'm fascinated. This has really added another level to their friendship, a deeper understanding that probably wouldn't have been possible without such a dramatic event. On TV something like that wouldn't have been possible, because aliens were always disposed of cleanly and politically correct, i.e. with phase pistols set on stun, or simply disabled without too much bloodshed, but this is what fanfic can do, and you certainly did it well! Thank you, I liked it very much.
IchthusFish chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Whoa... that was... deep. Seriously deep. And as you said at the begining, rather darker than your usual stories.

I have seen this sort of subject tackled before - Malcolm having to kill in hand to hand combat to save his crewmates. This is the most sensitvely written version I have seen.

The aftermath is rightly the most difficult part of the whole experience for Malcolm and Trip, as this is the time they actually have to think about what has happened, and confront not only their own emotions, but because of their strong friendship, each others emotions as well, in order to reach some peace and understanding within themselves.

Once again, I am struck by how attuned you are to the characters, especially of Malcolm. He is a very multi-layered individual, and not the easiest of people to write. It's easy to miss parts of him, but you are expressing him really well.

You have writen very powerfully and sensitively about a subject which can so easily end up looking either superflous or gratuatous if it is not written carefully. I'm glad you were able to write it. You are a very credible writer. I am on the lookout for your next piece with antisipation.

Impressed. Congratulations )
Pennyforum chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
This is a really good story, Volley. I wish I could write like this. My stories are all light and fluffy, but this has depth and feeling. Well done.
Exploded Pen chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Wow.

Just...wow

~*~Hannah~*~
thundever1 chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Great story, poor Malcolm and Trip
Gabi chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
I like how you described Malcolm's feelings. It's a wonderful friendship story. I would have liked to know why the alien tried to stab Trip, but I think it doesn't matter.
Begoogled chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
Ooh, this is a new side to Malcolm we don't often see. But I think you portrayed it very well. And the explanation why he was overcome by this 'instinct' was very satisfying. I can't help but feel sorry for the man. Great story!
Sal chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
nicely done - walked a fine line between Malcolm showing his emotion and exploring his feelings, without getting mushy (not that I mind sappy stories - I love them - but sap would have been out of place here).

Thanks for posting.