Reviews for Soldier Boy
suicune4ever chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
I loved it. I never really thought that Azula was evil - she is simply a very complex character.

Anyway, great job :D
Led Feynman M.D. D.D.S. Ph.D chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Well... You certainly can't prove how hard I'm feeling all over the place, that's for sure.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
That was so sad. I really like how you write Azula. I want to cry.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Devaro Ayanami chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
A well done piece. Love it. I like how Azula is both in-character, from what we see in the series, and still the little sister realizing her big brother is going away for a long time.

Blessing and inspiration,

LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
So sweet and sad...very well written.
Ganheim chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Whether it be a stupid, petty argument over some dumb, trivial thing

[A lot of repetition without really saying anything]

he brought his fat arms

[Iroh was a little overweight, but “fat arms” seems a bit much to me]

face. He had that look on his face,

able to torture him, or torment and tease.

[She never tortured him before (if you’re going to mention ‘torment and tease’)]

the day she died, strangely enough.

[“strangely enough” is unnecessary]

Kind of interesting, and I think it’s appropriate for her to realize that she never truly wanted him gone, but I don’t think that this really captures the whole conflict within her. We have a tear at the end, but the whole of the narrative seems to focus on her superficial hatred (though we really don’t see the resentment of the attention their mother gave him or other things she could have a legitimate grievance with)]
AJ Rayne chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Wonderfully written. You gave Azula a bit of a heart even though it was still wrapped in some thorny mettle. I especially liked how she tried to tuck her emotions away but couldn't quite do it. Sad and poignant.
storm-of-insanity chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
That was so BRILLIANTLY WRITTEN. I LOVED IT. It was so magical. I love how you have portrayed Zuko and Azula and kept the IC in the process. Your use of that song was brilliant and the memories of Azula were so cute. Can I add this to my C2 please?
DuQaine chapter 1 . 10/16/2006
wow.. that was simply stunning. like some readers out there, i actually started tearing up. you were able to capture the gloom and melancholy of the moment and draw the reader into it.. the atmosphere, the details.. all were excellent. your work tugged a heartstring. zuko and azula are very much like my older brother and me. i'm the demonic little younger sibling whose hobby was to get my bro into trouble. that was then when we were young.. and for certain reasons, i haven't seen him in a long time... anyway, your story is simply striking. excellent job.
watchfob chapter 1 . 10/6/2006
*shocked expression* OMIGOSH, THIS IS SO...

almostinsane chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Great story! So Azula has a soft sid? This is very good! God bless!
sweet little aka kitsune-chan chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
aww that was sad and awesome great job _ i thought of zuzu when iroh began to sing that lullaby
KarlaBob chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
Hee, I beta'd this. I loved it.
Faerie in Combat Boots chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
That's really touching. I started tearing up...
xLadyJackal chapter 1 . 10/2/2006
You know I love it. Even though I barely understand it. Why am I reviewing? I have no idea.