Reviews for Just A Lifetime Too Late
BM originally chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
This was great! A real first for this view of Denethor-makes him almost likable :D You've got a great writing style-very realistic. I'm definitely looking forward to more!
Ellynn chapter 3 . 2/25/2008
*jumpy* finally! *jumpy*

The atmosphere through the chapter is dark and anguish, just as it should be. Good work. ;)

Akhem, I couldn't agree with you more about the Valar. "Valar indeed. What good were they?" My point exactly. :D

And the end! It is scary! What happens next? Don't let us wait too long...

Good work, my dear dwarf. *hug*
ElvishKiwi chapter 3 . 2/24/2008
An update! An update! At last! *sweeps you off your feet in a joyful hug*

It's a great chapter too. The Denethor/Imrahil interaction is great. I've always imagined Imrahil to be the one man to whom Denethor might confide. Reading that whole scene

when you know what's about to happen... oh, it's heartbreaking.

-Tock... tock... tock... tock... Iniron suppressed a grimace at the sound of Mithrandir's staff on the marble floor. The wizard managed to put an unbelievable amount of insolence into the seemingly innocuous noise.-

That's just a wow line. I love it, I really do. *is envious of such brilliance*

Iniron's peice was great, too. His is such an utterly fantastic perspective to veiw this whole story from.

No flashback? You'll just have to give us another chapter quickly, then, won't you?

*pants impatiantly*
ElvishKiwi chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
Hey, Fili!

I've plugged this to all my Denethor appreciating friends, and now I feel stink as you aren't updating.

Get to work, please?
ElvishKiwi chapter 2 . 12/13/2007
Wow, I love this! A Denethor fic that isn't hate stuff? I just about cried when I found it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the flashbacks, and it's really a novel POV in which to tell the story, it works really well. I love that you give him a bit of humour in the second chapter, the battle scenes were really well done. And you captured his restlessness, his longing to fight and get the battle over with so well.

All I can ask is that you write more. Please, please, please?
8Gilluin8 chapter 2 . 3/6/2007
And what's then? I want to know!
TimeStreamer chapter 2 . 10/15/2006
This is wonderful, Fili. It's great when people try to show a different side to a character and you bring a "warmness" to Denethor that is very refreshing. His interactions with Tatharion, especially the one outside the paddock with Culas, made me smile- Denethor isn't going to take any nonesense from a cheeky horse ;) It's obvious you have a real soft spot for horses too; loved the hair eating.

The battle in chapter 2 was very well written (you capture the chaos of battle very well) and I'm liking Tatharion even more- he's such a normal, down-to-earth guy who's just doing his duty (the mention of Thorongil was very clever BTW).

"Obstruction of the roads," *snerk* Denethor has a sense of humour ;) You paint, what I think, is a very accurate picture of his character- he is stern and grim but he wasn't always that way. I loved this passage in chapter one "Only one pair of eyes remained on the Steward, watching as Denethor suddenly looked at his son, started to stand, to say something, but almost instantly subsided, momentarily closing his eyes and pressing his hand to his head as if in pain." No big show of emotion but a heart-renching gesture all the same.

Well done, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 2 . 10/14/2006
That line- charging the troll with reckless endangerment! Heh heh heh!

Very good! Lovely job, well done!
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
Oh my!

Well done, I have never thought of the man/horse relationship... but it is true!
Ellynn chapter 2 . 10/7/2006
I enjoyed this! The battle is very exciting and well described, and you surprised me with putting Thorongil in the story. But it was a great idea. ;) And the end of the battle is just perfect. :)

Give us some more of Iniron. I wonder if he'll have more active role later... but that we'll discover by time, I guess, and I'm looking forward to that! :))
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
A very promising beginning - this could turn out to be a great fic indeed! Well written. Please update soon!

Happy writing!

Hugs,

Sarah xx
Ellynn chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Wow, I like this very much. Much more mature from the rest, if I may say so...

We all know Denethor as a cold man, and rarely think of the period when he was young and different from his older days. This will be and interesting and new look on him, I can sense. I like your character - Iniron.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

ellynn

P.s. It's so sweet you included Kili in the story! :)

P.P.S. Thank you for your nice words. *blushing*