Reviews for If You Love Something, Set It Free
kerokeroro chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
ahhhmmmhuhmhuhmm teary-eyed here,great they got it out in open 'yin-yang' . ;)
Thanks Dave, another crying moment for me
Nalance chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
i felt the need to point out a HUGE number of facts you got wrong 1 is sousukes I.D. number i cant remember exactly but i know you got it wrong another thing is that the ARX-8 was toasted or at ther very least abandoned only the A.I. unit "AL" remained also the member of the pacific fleet the TDD-1 was mostly disbanned tessa didn't go back to mithril she decided to start to lead a normal life so did sousuke as far as he was concered he had left mithril or was fired another thing is after the final events of the story the "Whispered" no longer existed and for the most part its safe to assume amalgam as well as mithril were all disbanned as you remember kalanin and other killing leaders of amalgam for the most part only leonard and kalanin as well as there subordinates remained of amalgam and leaders of mithril were mostly killed off in the initial attack on mithril a year earlier

also if both organizations still remained the lamda driver tech would me mostly abolished as the whispered no longer exist and im unsure wether or not the omni sphere that gives the device its power was undestroyed

sorry if i seem like a dick, but ima Full Metal Panic fanatic and it severely ticks me off when people get the facts wrong, not that intent it to it just does nothing i can do about anyway im certain i missed a few things you got wrong but im not about to reread to find out
Kirinthor chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
an excellent story yet again well done :)
princessknit chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
The later part was just so like them... *sighing relief and then smile*

I'm so happy he decided to go back... (TT) *cry in happiness*
The-Shadow002 chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
I liked this story alot. The flow of emotions and the discriptiveness of their effect and their ebb and flow within Kaname was excellently done and as well as being true to her character very much a realistic depiction of what would happen in the same sort of real world situation with others as well. The highs and lows of emotion were very well done and the way you've written it allows the reader to emphasise with Kaname very easily. Excellent story all round, loved how Sousuke stays true to form all the way to the end hehe as well as the ending itself, great work.
Gemini Solitudo chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
lol, nice oneshot. ] Detailed. I was wondering did you buy the mangas or saw it off the internet or something? Because I've been searching for scanlations of the manga with nothing coming up off Google. If you bought it, could you tell me what language it was in? D thanks!
Tairi Soraryu chapter 1 . 11/1/2006
Great fic! As always. I'm glad to see that Sousuke stays Sousuke to the end...climbing out the bottom of the plane...silly boy. Good job!
DXM Junkie chapter 1 . 10/27/2006
Wow, another awsome story. good job dave-d.
Infinitis chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
very long, very wordy, but very good! o

I applaude
Jamie chapter 1 . 10/19/2006
Thank you for another wonderful FMP story!
momiji-k chapter 1 . 10/15/2006
Ah, another great fic full of wonderfully described emotions. I really want to read that last book that came out. Although if I keep reading your fics I guess I won't have to. _
vic chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
you had me very very worried for a long time there, but i am glad things turned out well in the end.

good job once more man!
Jesslca chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
AW, I loved that. Kaname was moping around for most of the story and finally Souske came and made it end nicely. Good work, as always.
Gfam89 chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
That was a great one-shot. But I have a question for you: You never say whether your stories are complete or not. Is there a reason behind that or no? Either way, your still my favorite Full Metal Panic writer. Can't wait to read more.
IronicEnding chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Ah man

Talk about being throw into an emotional rolercoaster of events that quite effectively play with the mind of the reader.

I mean deargod.

Well now that i think about it, it was more like a merry-go-round. Kaname displayed a very full range of emotoins and memories that took us through a detailed yet somewhat breif path of her life once it had met sousuke.

There were high points where i wanted to just yell out 'Damn right!' and then there were other points were things just got so damn angsty it was near heartbreaking.

Sometimes i get the feeling you like to toy with the emotions of the reader. Actually i am pretty sure you do.

Then again, that is part of what makes your fmp stories so great. It literally pushes the limit to see how much emotoin can you bring about in the reader. I think this is a concept that you are becoming more adept at with each release, so i truly and honestly say you get more practice.

I havent read to many good Kaname centric fictions, so i did rather enjoy this one. It was a nice change of pase but one more aspect remains ever present in this story as well as all your stories.

You don't overwrite the main characters personalities and thought processes with the way you want them to act or the way you would act (im assuming), but rather make the characters act in a more believable manner.

Sousuke thinks and responds in his specialist way and reverts back to his military references while growing. Kaname forever becomes a mystery wrapped in an enigma holding a deadly halisen in one hand.

Its frickin brilliant.

And let me not forget your ability to cover the aspect of her pride and ego constantly getting in the way of her happiness. It gave a nice idea of just how far she would let her pride carry her, and would she be able to rectify her mistakes. It appears she has not used up all her miracles just yet. Must have a bonus set for having Sousuke in her life. :-P

The other aspects of teh story were well done. As expected and appreciated, we were given a nice background on common sayings to give a more well rounded feel to the story. As always, your flow and structure keep for an incredibly enjoyment filled read. The mood appropriatly fluctuated with the various scenes and the overall plot was well thought out.

All in all, it was a great story and yet another reason why you remain my favorite author. I have even come to the point of checking daily to see if any new fmp fics have been released by you. Frankly, they are just that good. I hope you will find the time and inspriration to write more and more stories as i wish you the best of luck and great success in this endeavor. Until next time, take care. :-)