Reviews for Exotic Tastes
Tessa E Harrison chapter 6 . 3/22/2010
I love this story. I think this is the second or third time I've read it over the years. It's always a joy to go back and read.

Possibly the best part, I noticed when I went back and re-read it this time, is the fact that you don't portray Spira as a loving place. There is still prejudice. Just because Sin was defeated, that doesn't mean that those 10 years of hate and mistrust magically disappear.

And, outside FFX fiction, you don't see that side of Spira too often. Sometimes, I think everyone in FFX2 thinks that the citizens are all open and loving of each other-that race doesn't matter anymore. Probably because we see the world of Spira through the eyes of Tidus, an outsider, and Yuna, who straddles both worlds.
xflightofthephoenix chapter 6 . 4/2/2008
very unusual pairing, and yet i really enjoyed this. i'm GiPaine fan personally. but you wrote this excenlently! well done!

xflightofthephoenix
JingYee chapter 6 . 3/6/2008
lol. I was reluctant at first to read a PainexBrother fic, but it turned out really well! I don't think I'll ever love it, but thanks to you it might go on my list of pairings I read. _ Good job.
dark BloodS Rose chapter 6 . 12/18/2007
yea i love you so heres a review!

it was really good i liked how you made paine have a full real life!
DarkenedPetals chapter 6 . 8/28/2007
Very good! loved it xx
DarkenedPetals chapter 2 . 8/28/2007
I like the way you've portrayed Borther, he's more normal and has feelings! YAY! hehe i really like this!
heaven-monument chapter 6 . 7/30/2007
omfg! amazing! great pairing, not OOC, great storyline, good arguing scenes (believe me, no-one does a good arguing scene. until i saw this one.), y'know, it's all good! i just wish you could have made this longer.

ooh! ooh! i got a name for a sequel... PBJ. geddit? paine-brother-joie! hahaha!

...i'm such a child. but yeah, a sequel would be appreciated.

9.2/10
Aurore Renata chapter 5 . 1/10/2007
Yay for another update! I'm still loving it, of course. Paine/Brother is such an interesting pairing and you are still pulling it off remarkably. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Raine-and-Taydr chapter 4 . 12/14/2006
I absolutely love this story! I never really thought about a Paine/Brother pairing, but you have given me a reason to like it. Please, please keep writing.
Aurore Renata chapter 4 . 10/9/2006
This is my review for chapters 3 & 4. They were superb, of course. Baralai was a bit of a meanie, but his characterization was good. And yay for Paine and Brother! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
anon chapter 4 . 10/8/2006
Nice work, I really do enjoy your writing.

In the past, I've never really understood Brother and would have been repulsed if he had any relationships.

You have opened up and broadened my mind. You made brother seem more like a human being than a incestuous lecher.

Hope you do write more.
Aurore Renata chapter 2 . 10/6/2006
Yay, an update! You kept Brother in character very well, and overall it was just cute! I hope to see another chapter soon!
awesomesen chapter 2 . 10/6/2006
First of all, it's an interesting concept. Creative, to say the least.

Second of all - and I fully admit this is just a nitpick that bothered me from the front page - the kid's name is either Brother or Aniki. One k. "Aniki" is Japanese for "older brother." (Just like Buddy in Japanese is "Dachi," a short version for the word for "friend.")
Aurore Renata chapter 1 . 10/5/2006
I thought I was the only one that found this pairing interesting. You did a great job writing these two, they really are much more similar than they would seem at first glance. Great fic, you just made my day!
JupiterLily chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Interesting pair. I never would have thought it possible. Worked out well, though. Nice job. I enjoyed it.