Reviews for The Gunblade Saga: Reload
Guest chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Did you sir, just put George Lucas in Biggs and Wedge's names?

Surely it have been said before, but I just wanted to gave you my late grateful thanks for doing so and pointing how genius the idea is. So much that it should deserve to be official.
Wintermoth chapter 10 . 8/17/2012
Dude, what?! WHHHAAATT?! KEEP GOING MATE. I know it's been over four years but keeeeppp goooiiiinnnggg! Please? I'm gonna need some good fafics to get me through my first semester of college.

Well, for now, I guess I'll go read the old. But I'm serious - unless you're dead or something, keep going!
Wintermoth chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I'll churn out a decent review in a little bit. I'm gonna go get some root beer and settle down to read.
Lady-Rinoa14 chapter 9 . 12/19/2010
Hey, how's it going? :)) It's been a while since I last devoted myself to FF8 fanfics so I searched for Gunblade Saga again when I visited the site and voila, there's a new Gunblade Saga! :D

I remember supporting your original Gunblade Saga from start to finish years ago )) It was already a great work, why rewrite it? :)

Anyway, since I am a fan of the Gunblade Saga, I'll support this as well! :) Loved the dance scene! :D 3 Keep it up!
Ryan the Critic chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Okay, while you have a worthy start, I'll tell you that this can be improved vastly.

Your descriptions of Squall and Seifer, and quite frankly, much of the duel are substandard and amateurish. It's just a drabble of poorly constructed sentences just thrown together with commas and the content is just goddamn ridiculous, mentioning heights of characters in inches for example.

Try this for a description of Squall: "Their eyes met as the blades collided once more. The wielder of the Revolver returned the look of respect. His deep blue eyes contrasted the steely gray of his foe's. Shorter in stature, he stood roughly five feet, eight inches to the stranger's six foot four. His messy brown hair hanging down past his eyes resembled that of a hunting cat's mane. It flowed down toward the soft, white fur around the collar of his black leather jacket."
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 10 . 9/2/2008
Cool, I'm getting into this story now, keep it up.
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 4 . 8/29/2008
Hey, I've been enjoying the story ok, :)

However, I don't really like many of the changes you've made, such as all the changes you've made to Safier's (Plot), It seems like you like the asshole too much, and its kind of bugging me a bit. Also, those added weapons, guns and such, I was fine with the handgun and knives, but the riffle was a bit too much. If you wanted to give Squall something cool and powerful, you should have given him an Uzi-gunblade, lol! Well this stories making me want to hunt round my room to find my copy of the game to play rather than read this, no offence, but this story has no excitement and is moving to slow with no humour to really keep me interested in the meantime.

I'll probably read a few more chapters to give it a chance to get more interesting, but if that ass Seifer interupts Squall at the ball I'll stop because I found that part funny and hope you made it so, as it is from the game.

Well good going anyway, I think I might have ranted a little here, lol! But don't mind me I hardly ever review because when I do, I either rant about how great the fic is or what peeved me, ;)
AnimeFan101 chapter 5 . 8/20/2008
Sadly I am just now starting to read through "Reload", depsite the fact that I slavishly followed every hint of update on the original.

That said, and per standing orders, let the butchery commence. (btw, this is the only chapter of the ten currently posted that i have a problem with)

It all centers on the landing sequence.

Squall hops out of the seacraft, and while running, plugs one Gallie through the facemask, throws fire with Zell and Seifer to torch two more, ascends the stairs and once there, four approaching hostiles are indicated.

Seifer beheads the first, Squall bisects #2, Zell takes #3, and Seifer blows a "grapefruit" sized hole in #4.

Squall then reflects that he's just killed two men without thinking about it. So...which two is he referring two? The two that he plugged personally, disregarding the shared double-kill in the machinegun nest? Otherwise, it seems almost a jarring note to this reader, to reference two kills only.
Chris chapter 1 . 8/18/2008
Dang man, that took way too long. Just emphazising your point. Oh, one last thing: My username's Ucannotstoptheflood, and if you see some of my writing that looks too much like yours, I'm sorry. I copied a "teensy" bit because I hate working on beginnings: They take me years to even think up and suck.
Bien Canonizado chapter 3 . 7/10/2008
Hello! My Name is Bien Canonizado,I'm a visually-disabled (blind) graduate student from the Philippines. Just dropped by to express my admiration for your

writing-style... You are possibly one of the most skilled web-based authors that I have encountered in my time as a fanatic of fantasy/science fiction.

You should really try to finish your stories,specially this particular one that I am reviewing right now.

I am re-posting this review cause my old post was erased when some one hacked my old account.

You know,your writing means very much to me,recently

I just lost my sense of sight;and quite honestly it has been so hard adjusting to a life without being able to pick-up another printed book. Currently,I

depend on my computer to read stories to me on-line,this is with the help of a screen-reading program. And let me tell you,ever since I discovered fan-fiction

I couldn't stop reading your great stories! Please understand,your stories give me the strength to continue... (I'll not dwell on that fact too much.)

I believe your talents are a God-given gift so that you may bring happiness to those who value this particular genre.

So, Please, Please, Please, Please... Do not give up on this story...

Update faster!

My only wish is if you could make your chapters longer,I think the reader would have an easier time if the story were written in a few long chapters,rather than several short parts.

At least each chapter should be 3,0 words long for better continuity.

Easier for us to follow if we did not have to back-track so often because of short chapters. I hope that you will one day decide

to once-again write. Please don't give up...

I hope that you will reply,because it was very hard for me to write this review since I am hoping that you will notice this short letter out of all the others that you get.

Please do not think that I am just spammer,cause I am serious when I make this request.

If you wish to reply,please kindly send your comments to my e-mail

It is written below with spaces and with the symbols spelled-out to avoid spammers. .ph.

(Bienvenido S. Canonizado)

Phone number:63917-433-8194

Electronic mail: s c.n e t.p h

"There are more things in heaven and earth Horatio,then are dreamt of in your Philosophy..."
SorainaSkye chapter 10 . 7/1/2008
I read Gunblade Saga, and am currently working on Legacy of the Chimera. I really enjoyed the Gunblade Saga, and look forward to reading this. More and more details are always good to put in- but I hope you keep the essential aspects of the Gunblade Saga. I loved every bit of it.

I do like the continued references to Rinoa though, especially at the end. FFVI rocks, it is official.

Keep it up!
Kahran042 chapter 3 . 6/17/2008
I don't really have a problem with the expanded use of firearms, but what I do have a problem with is the fact that they're Earth firearms. Specifically, how did the FFVI world get them? That's one of the things that kind of squicks me sometimes.
Svenlax45 chapter 10 . 6/12/2008
Glad to see you getting back into FFVI after taking a break. The rewrite is a much snappier read than the original. Much easier to be taken in to the storyline.

Following several of your fictions and wishing your muse would be more regular.
drake2 chapter 10 . 6/10/2008
"and his gunblade rose, sweeping across in a mighty swing Quistis swore she'd seen in one of those bad fantasy movies made decades ago." Is this by some chance a referance to the film Languna (spelling?) stared in later in the game? great story by the way I have been reading your work for quite awhile now.
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 10 . 6/10/2008
Hey. Glad to see you updating this fic, which is a edit of your original. While the original was awesome and truly, madly, pretty much the altar that all great combat and adventure fics should strive to worship, you're improving on the original in all the right ways.

I like all of your works, the Zelda fics are both quite excellent. CnC I'll be getting caught up on eventually, the same with firefly.

Keep up the great work, in all your endeavors.