Reviews for The Gunblade Saga: Reload
Deus Ex Sub Ubi chapter 8 . 2/9/2007
Much awesomeness here, friend.

Squall, capable of being flabbergasted by something that doesn't involve freedom fighting blue clad girls that drag him onto the dance floor. Kinda forgot about that. Good stuff.

I'd actually like to see a design of a gunblade like the m1911, the Colt 1911 yes? It wouldn't suck.

Keep up the good work.
Firelord Lionheart chapter 8 . 2/9/2007
A couple of grammatic errors here and there, but nothing else to "nitpick the hell out of"

I always liked that scene when Seifer got pwned by Xu. Now let's see what you got in store for the introduction of Rinoa
Tain Shari chapter 8 . 2/9/2007
I feel I should point out that the change in an earlier scene: the car ride to Ma Dincht's, wasn't reflected in a later scene: the conversation with Ma Dincht towards the end of the scene.

Their arrival at Garden should also, at least, mention the vehicle, else it gives the impression that they walked their.

With that out of the way...

I really liked the car scene with Selphie. It made me grin. Actually, now that I think about it, any scene with Selphie and high explosives, or Selphie driving like a maniac(which is pretty much all the time) makes me grin. Heh

Looking forward to the next update.
AkatsukiBoi chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
I love this story! And you're writing style is fantastic. There isn't much I can say about it.

I had *slightly* hoped that Shiva would make an appearance, but I guess not.

Everything is great though. Good pacing and good imaging, and I enjoy the characterization much more.
JadeAlmasy chapter 8 . 2/8/2007
Wonderful chapter! cant wait to see how you are going to handle the Norg scene, I always loved that part of the game for some reason!

Kati
SnowAngel chapter 8 . 2/8/2007
yay an update! ) i'll take anything, even if it's just a filler! as i've mentioned before, it's written very well, and i still appreciate the subplot undertones and added conversations that enhance the characters' backgrounds and histories. please keep on writing!
Susan chapter 8 . 2/8/2007
I am glad you are doing an indepth novalization on final fantasy vi. Could you fill in scenes where the game doesn't go into. Like for example Squal gets hit by an ice javilin but there seems to be no mentions of why he woke up with no wound. There is a part where Edea becomes herself again after the fight at Galbadia Garden but the game stops after Edea speach then we see her at the light house. When the SeeD's were fussing over an unconcious Rinoa did she teleport back to the lighthouse or something. A reunion scene when Edea comes back to her husband after so long is worth writing. I thought it was great that you added in the orginal story a scene between president Deling and the sorceress to let us better understand why she decided to kill him. The game does skip to different scenes so I think you should write a transitional peices to cover the gap between the scenes so please write more oringal scenes that will give a more logical flow to the story. The game seems to hint that Laguna is Squall's father but it does not confirm it so it would be good in this story if there were some kind of confirmation of it. I hope you don't mind my observations. As you can tell I am excited about the rewrite so please update soon.
Solid Shark chapter 8 . 2/8/2007
Hm... Only one criticism for this chapter: I note you removed the idea of Seifer leaving Squall, Zell, and Selphie with no transportation, but you appear to have left in a reference to it in an exchange between Zell and his mother.

Other than that, I like what you've done with it. I, for one, had never thought of how Seifer's rogue actions might've affected Garden's relations with their clients, but it certainly makes sense.

I always did like the "whatever" line, and Cid's reaction to it. Never was sure exactly why Cid was pleased with it, though...

I see you've added more graduating SeeDs; that makes sense. I did always kinda wonder about that. I mean, there's obviuosly a LOT of SeeDs... so how could they get by with just FOUR graduating from a given class?

Well, overall even better than the original; looking forward to the next chapter. ~Solid Shark
Raskol chapter 7 . 2/8/2007
And then the mouse slipped and I hit the "submit" button (and then my internet died) so now I'm reviewing for Juggernaut but not really...yeah... Still: back to what I was saying...

I like how you had Seifer congratulate Squall there. Wonderful characterization. Love it.

"Wow, he thought as he listened to Selphie tell of how she had tracked down Squad B, frantically... " - Should the first word be italicized?

""'Whatever'?" he said thoughtfully. Them the old man smiled. "'Whatever'! That's great! 'Whatever'!"" - Then, not them XD

As always, may have missed some but great job! I'm perplexed as to how you keep churning out chapters so fast (since I'm...hideously slow). Anyways, hope to see the next one soon.

-Temeraire

(On another note, would you mind if I based a scene in my own novelization on a scene out of your's if I credit you?)
Temeraire chapter 8 . 2/8/2007
Woot! New chapter. ;D Some stuff that caught my eye:

"He looked, and felt, as if he’d gone through exactly what he’d just survived." - I just didn't like this sentence. I'm not sure why but a simile I read before comes to mine: '[insert object] looked just like how a [insert same object] shouldn't look like.' Or something like that. It's a little redundant, I guess?

"“Hey, Squall,” Seifer suddenly remarked, and the cadet looked up at his squad’s leader. The other cadet flashed him a rare grin, and nodded." - The use of so many "cadets" is a little confusing. Maybe the second could be changed to 'student' or 'the blonde'?
Marlie chapter 2 . 1/19/2007
I read your profile and was surprised that you wanted to rewrite 'Gunblade Saga'. I was thinking that it would be interesting to read and find out what else could be added to a spectacular piece of work. And then I read this chapter and noticed that it is delightfully different from the original. This revised chapter has been a real pleasure. The dialogue (although some of them weren't in the actual game, but I like it better!), the introductions to the characters, the overall narration , all seemed to flow better than before.

I'm all for your revision to this story because I'm looking forward for another Gunblade Saga adventure!
Steven Murray chapter 7 . 1/16/2007
After reading what you have done so far on reload i went back and reread the original gunblade, When i first read the original I thought it was about as close to perfect as any fan fiction could get...I was wrong, Reload completely surpassed my expectations in every way. If I had one bone to pick with you about this story it would be about the changes in what powers the GF's give their users/hosts. At one point Seifer says “Hey, its only what? A hundred meters? Don’t tell me you can’t jump that with your junctions, Chicken-Wuss.” but then at the end of juggernaut squall barely makes a fifteen foot jump. I realize that could just be Seifer bragging, but thought it might be a good idea to bring it up. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
shootski chapter 7 . 1/16/2007
"In this story, as with the original Gunblade, I'm writing as if I was writing for people who have never played the game."

With that in mind, I don't recall if you ever described healing potions and their properties in "Reload." There was only that one little instance, but I can get anal-retentive about those kind of things.

Otherwise, I thought that the tension in this chapter was even more intense than the original Gunblade. Kudos.
JadeAlmasy chapter 7 . 1/13/2007
Wonderful! it took me a little while but i got it read! Love this chapter just like i did in the original! it flows very nicely and you capture everything just right!

Kati
thundever1 chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Great story, very good characterisation and description of the characters and what is going on in the story and fits very well together not appearing to jar and very realistic, especially as Balamb garden is a military facility which is why Seifer's attitude seems more marked as he won't always obey orders. This story expands Squall and the weapon use very realisticley as a gunblade would not be very much use in some situations and SeeDs would have to be a lot less rigid in their weapons I think as merchanaries and you show that
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »