Reviews for Tempered in Water
onlytoask chapter 9 . 6/28
Great story. It's unfortunate you abandoned it.
ulfark chapter 9 . 6/26
hmm i was kinda hoping that sakura would quit being a ninja. not because i hate her or want to see her fail but because it would be original. she has quit before in other fics but it was always in the background. just tying up loose ends if you will.

this was an in depth look at her thought processes and up untill that unrealistic fight with kankurou i was quite happy with its conclusion. it's a hidden character death in a way because she won't matter as much in the rest of the story. it would also be a relatively painless way to break naruto's obsession with her. if he never sees her then he won't think much about her and eventually forget her.

so the sub plot had a lot of potential in that regard and i'm kinda sad that it didn't happen. it would have combined nicely with the realistic reality you created. or at least the grief turmoil and grudging acceptance of killing.
Daki92 chapter 1 . 6/22
Great story man, hope you post new chapters soon!
jcampbellohten chapter 7 . 5/9
Yeahhhh, Haku's obsession is definitely unhealthy. I like that you're exploring the psychological side-effects of Haku surviving without Zabuza, which the few other stories I vaguely remember reading that included Haku coming back to Konoha with them without Zabuza didn't do. You've definitely earned your Mature rating. On a related note, is Naruto ever going to get that counseling Kakashi said he might need? I was surprised it was even brought up, considering the notorious lack of counseling in the Naruto world. Also, I'm wondering if you're planning to have Haku replace Sakura on the team, since Sakura seems to want to leave and Haku wants to go everywhere with Naruto.

In this chapter I saw "suite" where it should be "suit" for the second or possibly third time in the story, and there was a "quite" that should be "quiet".
jcampbellohten chapter 6 . 5/9
*sits riveted*
jcampbellohten chapter 4 . 5/8
FINALLY, someone who knows how to spell "taut"! Although, it also says the Demon Brothers' "pray" usually went in the opposite direction of the chain. Speaking of which, I don't like that something with an easy, non-cumbersome translation, such as "Demon Brothers" or "Substitution" (or "shadow clone", but "kage bunshin" is so widespread that I'm used to it and just replace it automatically in my head), is left in Japanese. Interestingly enough, no matter what other gratuitous Japanese people use in their fics, this is the first time I've seen that specific term in Japanese instead of English.

Maybe I misread it, but I thought when Naruto stopped he was taking a quick breather from running from Kakashi and his dogs; why weren't they there quickly? Also, is there a reason Sasuke eventually got back to normal? As glad as I am to see him not becoming an antagonist so quickly (ideally never), I'm suspicious of it without an explanation being given.
jcampbellohten chapter 3 . 5/8
Well, that's going to go over horribly with Sasuke. "He's learning skills incredibly fast, getting stronger than me, and now he even has his own subordinate!"

Great writing. I like how you're building up divergences in the timeline from changes in minute details and explaining them as you go. I'm upset Sasuke apparently isn't going to be their friend when they get back like he would be in canon, but hopefully that can be fixed back up.
End.User chapter 9 . 5/1
Good writing but I'm disappointed that you didn't break from cannon and still had Kakashi enter them to the chunin exam when he definitely had more reason not to do so this time around.
Oniele chapter 1 . 4/24
Hello slave!, continue writing or die by chihuahua army attack!
talking seriously, why id you ever stop? it's so good, care to give a reason? you don't have to of course
Mr.Evil Tree chapter 4 . 4/6
well done
shin chapter 9 . 1/20
This fic is beautiful. High quality writing. The strong characterization really draws you in, and one can vividly see the inner turmoil of the characters and the dynamic changes in their relationships that result from it. Great concept, Great execution. I really enjoyed seeing Naruto face the existential dilemma of being a ninja, and the moral conflict that it poses. It felt so REAL. This fic is truly a shining gem a cut above the rest. I couldn't stop reading it when I started, because it was just so damn good. At the end, at 4 in the morning, I couldn't help but stay awake and praise the author for writing such a good fanfic. I hope and pray you continue this someday. I've read many fics with good concepts, but most of them are severely lacking in either variation, or good writing skill. With this fic, its obviously well edited and thought out. Either that you're a writing genius. Thanks, again.
TheFunnyMonkey chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
MORE DANG IT! MORE! PLEASE! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! PLEASE! CONTINUE IT! I LOVE IT! I WANT MOAR! I WANNA KNOW WHAT NARUTO DID TO SASGAY! PLEASE!
Darkness and Snow chapter 9 . 12/3/2014
One of the best fics I have read. Too bad it appears to be abandoned
Winter's Folly chapter 6 . 9/7/2014